PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour's impact on the Raiders D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the point at hand, Seymour was and will be missed, but as the Patriots do, they find a way.

They usually do find a way, that is true. Let's hope they continue to find a way with possibly their biggest challenge yet--replacing a 5 time pro bowler who draws double teams on every single play.

As for who to agree with, I think both guys have valid points to some extent. The defense had some things to be hopeful about, and looked good in some areas, but the loss of a healthy Seymour could very well be the difference THIS year between going far into the playoffs or not. And it's nowhere near a sure thing that we'll replace Seymour with another player of his caliber--ever.

All we can do is move on, and hope for the best from the team we are fielding now, but obvious improvements need to be made because we will be searching all year on ways to make up for Sey's double teams. Not to mention that Wilfork will probably have some dropoff also.

Last edited:
When it mattered, we were completely unable to stop the run, even against an especially bad o-line.

I'm happy for seymour, though. I've always maintained that he was our defensive MVP by far, and he's going to make all of his detractors eat crow this year. He played his role dutifully for 8 years here, even though he was criminally underrated because of that role. He's earned the right to showcase himself as a monster talent- we'd better hope the raiders don't hold onto him, or our pick will likely be in the 20s

We'll see how Seymour does down the road as Oakland keeps losing. Last night was an example of what happens when he is focused and motivated. With us in recent years he was like that about half the time.

Well, the Bills were running pretty well on both sides of the line. So unless people are suggesting Seymour could play both sides at the same time, i'm failing to see the point. Yes, we werent very good against the run, but Seymour wouldnt have solved that problem all by himself. The D just needs some more time. By mid-season, I think they will be fine.

Seymour played great leading up to his huge contract. He's playing for another one, and to make the Pats' brass look bad, so expect a big year, until he gets hurt.

He's on pace for a 32 Sack year. And, to think, his most ever sacks with the Patriots was 8. :)

The colts are under the cap so say we do not sign matt light and seymour gets into FA

i see the colts move on both. seymour and freeney on oneside and light as LT for the colts will be a tremendour upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back