PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Was anyone else wishing we had Seymour back out there last night come crunch time?

I know I thought about it a few times last night when I saw our DL sucking wind and getting blownup.

I wished we had any D-lineman out there to give Vince, Burgess and Pryor a break.

Even Titus, Terd or Darryl Richard would have been a help.

I'll still take the first round pick.

Was anyone else wishing we had Seymour back out there last night come crunch time?

I know I thought about it a few times last night when I saw our DL sucking wind and getting blownup.

I believe Ty Warren and/or Jarvis Green would have been more than sufficient.

And I agree with the previous poster. The first rounder from the Raiders still makes that trade an automatic.

Last edited:
Not for a second. Miss him, but didnt think about him one bit, and dont think it would have a made a significant difference one way or the other. We lost that game with a Maroney fumble on the goal line. And with horrible O playing calling in the 4th quarter. And by lining up in SHOTGUN 4 straight plays late in the game and PASSING the ball while trying to milk the clock, and close the deal. That pass interference call on Butler sure didnt help. Seymour wouldnt have helped with any of that. Unless he'd have been strangling Belichick right before he went for it on 4th and 2. Btw, that Oakland #1 in '11 is gonna be sweet. Im thinking about THAT right now.

I would have been satisfied if Warren, Green, TBC, or even Minovitch were on the field.

here comes the seymour bunch. :rolleyes:

Nope, didnt even think of him once during the game.

Nobody knows what kind of impact Seymour wouldve had if he was still on the team. So threads that speculate anything to do with last nights game, and Seymour, should just be moved off the main forum. Lets talk about the players who are actually on the team, and how they need to improve. The D obviously needs to improve, and probably would even with Seymour ;)

The entire defense was completely gased. Seymour would have been gassed just as much with Warren and Green out..

The DL was fine until it ran out of gas. It was undermanned badly and that was painfully obvious by the end of the game.

I too am tickled pink we have the Raiders 1st but last night's game would have been much easier to win if Seymour was out there.

Naw, I was missing Warren and TBC much more.

I honestly think that the Pats could have had Reggie White, Michael Strahan and Lawrence Taylor on the field and it would not have made a difference. Ok, maybe I am being a bit overboard, but you get the idea. I think the fault of the defense starts and ends with Belichick. Im not sure what it is. If he's lost it or if coaches have figured him out. But he does not seem capable of confusing and pressuring good teams anymore. The Pats had no pressure on Manning last night.

I guess the obvious answer is YES. That doesn't mean I wish we hadn't made the trade, if we could have Seymour and the pick that would be great :D It was a good trade but with TBC out and Warren out and Green out, sure, Seymour would have been nice.

I wished we had any D-lineman out there to give Vince, Burgess and Pryor a break.

Even Titus, Terd or Darryl Richard would have been a help.

I'll still take the first round pick.

What he said

Doesnt matter if youre best OLB and best DE is out of the game for most of it

Saying that i'll be amazed if we dont pick up at least two OLB/DE on the first day of the draft next year

I also wouldnt have left Wayne single covered on the last play - similar to Hobss vs Burress in SB

I think it is fair to say that our lack of depth at DL hurt has badly in the 4th quarter. Our front line was clearly exhausted. The Colts double teamed Wilfork on several plays and took him out of the play, and ran it down our throats, running for 38 of their 91 yards.

I agree that having even Warren and Green would have been sufficient. But BB gambled in trading Seymour that he had enough depth and quality at DL without him. A win last night puts us in good shape for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Now we have no shot at that. If that ends up being significant and costs us a shot at the SB, then I would have to re-assess the Seymour trade.

I guess the obvious answer is YES. That doesn't mean I wish we hadn't made the trade, if we could have Seymour and the pick that would be great :D It was a good trade but with TBC out and Warren out and Green out, sure, Seymour would have been nice.
Hey, BF.

The point is Warren and Green were not available to play last night and neither Seymour nor the Raiders #1 pick weren't around to help us out any in last night's game.

A win last night puts us in good shape for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Actually, according to a site called playoffstatus.com, they'd have had <10% chance of HFA even if they had won.

Now, of course, it is practically zero.

I think it is fair to say that our lack of depth at DL hurt has badly in the 4th quarter. Our front line was clearly exhausted.

Yeah, but the Pats did have two DLs injured, and a third go out early in the game, plus they lost an OLB later on.

Last edited:
Hey, BF.

The point is Warren and Green were not available to play last night and neither Seymour nor the Raiders #1 pick weren't around to help us out any in last night's game.

Utter speculation, Seymour may have gotten hurt also... being a huge Seymour apologist over the years... he probably would not have made all that much difference, he may have been another body and maybe Pryor may not have played as much..

In reality this is one of those circular arguments, that can go on ad infinitum and there is no answer....

Utter speculation, Seymour may have gotten hurt also... being a huge Seymour apologist over the years... he probably would not have made all that much difference, he may have been another body and maybe Pryor may not have played as much..

In reality this is one of those circular arguments, that can go on ad infinitum and there is no answer....
Well, Seymour getting hurt would have been the ONLY way he wouldn't have helped us win had he still been on the team last night. Meanwhile the Raiders #1 2 drafts from now did nothing to help us win last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye