PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour vs Furgeson- Wilfork vs Mangold

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I love to watch the line play during game. On TV you really can't see all that you want but sometimes you can see enough of matchups.

For once, the Jest did the smart thing and drafted two very good OL's in the first round. A position of big need for them. Both these guys are very good but will be playing in their 2 NFL regular season game.

It will be interesting to see how these matchups play out tomorrow. Seymour being the best DL player in the league and Big Vince being one of the best DT's in the league.

Will they own the Rooks or will the Rooks hold their own against them?

Last edited:
it is going to be a bloodbath.

PATSNUTme said:
Both these guys are very good
Let's see them actually be very good before we call them very good. Ask Robert Gallery.

Yeah they're both too unknown to know how Richard and Vince are going to match up against them. They could completely dominate the rooks, or they could end up holding their own. They were drafted in the first for a reason but there is not enough film on them to know how they will do.

If Seymour and Vince dominate these guys then it will be a painful afternoon for Pennyboy.

I will stick to calling them very good based on their perfomance so far and the fact that they starting as Rooks. I'm not calling them Pro Bowl players or putting them into Canton.

PATSNUTme said:
I will stick to calling them very good based on their perfomance so far and the fact that they starting as Rooks. I'm not calling them Pro Bowl players or putting them into Canton.

That might also be a partial testament to how bad their offensive line is.

Good post. Definetly something to watch for on Sun.
So, did we get Porter yet?

zippo59 said:
That might also be a partial testament to how bad their offensive line is.

their OL was awful last year. That why I said that they finally did the smart thing by drafting these guys.

They resisted the temptation of trading up for Leinart or Young.

PATSNUTme said:
their OL was awful last year. That why I said that they finally did the smart thing by drafting these guys.

They resisted the temptation of trading up for Leinart or Young.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were saying the fact that they are starting despite being rookies shows they must be good. Maybe you were saying that we need to cut them some slack because they are only rookies.

Regardless, I agree those are two math ups to watch.

I must say I am impressed with Mangini's first draft as head coach. Think he doesn't know how critical it is to match up against our line? these are going to be matchups to watch for years. Furgeson looks like the real deal at LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back