PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour: "There's 31 teams I'd consider going to"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to move from my couch once...cost me $5000 grand for the rigging company

Last edited:
Are you really so far into Belichick's pocket that you can't see why it's bush league to trade a top player across the country mere days before the start of the regular season, and either just before, or after, school has started for the kids? This was not some borderline prospect who knew he might get cut or moved and had planned his life accordingly.
Can you really not understand that football is a business, and that decisions are made for business reasons?

You really think that somehow BB convinced Davis to give up a first round pick for a guy with one year left on his contract in September because that would somehow punish Seymour.

BB is a cold-hearted business man. No doubt about that. But it is business. Why did he take Law back after we all thought Law crossed the line with the "liar" speech? Because it was a good business decision.

Why did he accept the Raider's offer? Because it was a good business decision.

If you want to accuse BB of being vindictive, point to his not making a big deal about Seymour leaving like he did with Troy or Tedy, but the trade was business.

Seymour wasnt resigning with NE unless they dumped a bunch of money on him.

The Pats wouldnt have been that much better with him still on the roster this season.

have to admit it would be the funniest thing in the world if he came back and we got their number 1 hahah

Are you really so far into Belichick's pocket that you can't see why it's bush league to trade a top player across the country mere days before the start of the regular season, and either just before, or after, school has started for the kids? This was not some borderline prospect who knew he might get cut or moved and had planned his life accordingly.

Cut throat maybe, but bush league? The Patriots were operating like a minor league team?

Please explain.

This is what I don't get...during the 2008 season, I remember reading threads saying "get rid of Seymour", "he was a non-factor today",etc, but as soon as he's gone, people wanted him back?

If the Pats traded Jarvis Green six days before the season, no one would have said boo. No one would have said that the Pats disrespected the guy or that it was bush league. Just because Seymour is a far better player doesn't shouldn't change anything.

Fact of the matter is the Raiders gave the Pats a sucker's deal that was way to good to pass down. There was a good chance that if Seymour wasn't traded and played this season as a Patriot, that he would never play another down as a Patriot again now that the season is over. The Pats lost one year of service from him which may or may not have made a difference this year for what looks like a top ten pick in 2011 which could be the next Richard Seymour for this team.

I don't blame Seymour for being upset. I wouldn't be happy in this situation, but I don't see how the Pats really did him wrong. What the Pats did to Seymour isn't much different than what the Raiders did to Doug Gabriel in 2006 and no one said boo about that. It is a business and if another company offers you a stupid, one sided deal in your favor, you gotta take it.

I have mixed feeling about the trade itself, but I have no problem with how the Pats treaded Seymour.

That's all you need to know about Seymour right there...

Kicks the coach and the organization that made him a star when they're down...

I am so glad that injury-prone, self-centered, cry-baby is not on this team anymore!

Vrabel, I'd love to get back in a heart beat, but Seymour? Good riddance. He deserves to play in a dunghole like Oakland!

This is what I don't get...during the 2008 season, I remember reading threads saying "get rid of Seymour", "he was a non-factor today",etc, but as soon as he's gone, people wanted him back?

Seymour was great in 2008!

Seymour was great in 2008!
He was ridiculously good in 2008 and not enough fans gave him credit for his season. It really makes me question what people see when they watch games.

That's all you need to know about Seymour right there...

Kicks the coach and the organization that made him a star when they're down...

I am so glad that injury-prone, self-centered, cry-baby is not on this team anymore!

Vrabel, I'd love to get back in a heart beat, but Seymour? Good riddance. He deserves to play in a dunghole like Oakland!

he was the 6th pick in the draft.......he was already a star........he had off the charts numbers (6'6"/325......sub 4.9/40)......he made himself that way

on one hand, you can understand the the deal

on the other hand, this team is not nearly as alluring to potential free agents as it used to be.......the mantra that made NE the place to be is gone

I shocked that a 8 sack 3-4 END with 50 tackles year is being called bad in this forum.He shut the run down on his side . How many fans watched how every team ran at green and wright.

Seymour is one of the best 3-4 ends even now. Would have been productive for another 4 yrs tops so i do not understand the urgency to get rid of him.

I shocked that a 8 sack 3-4 END with 50 tackles year is being called bad in this forum.He shut the run down on his side . How many fans watched how every team ran at green and wright.

Seymour is one of the best 3-4 ends even now. Would have been productive for another 4 yrs tops so i do not understand the urgency to get rid of him.

They did not want to pay him $25-30m in guarantees. Rather lose him and get a 3rd or a 4th round pick, they got a 1st.

No need to agree with it, but that was their logic.

Yes, it hurt us this season.......... but in terms of he future........ I am still in favor of this deal. Seymour is toast, and not nearly worth the money he'd command. The leadership we need........ he wouldn't have provided.

Don't wait by the phone ****, you won't get the opportunity to tell us to shove it, cuz we won't be calling.

He was ridiculously good in 2008 and not enough fans gave him credit for his season. It really makes me question what people see when they watch games.

A lot of people just see the guy with the ball.

Seymour has every right to be bitter at the way he was traded and to where he was traded. The guy is a winner. He was sorely missed this year by the Patriots.

Yes, it hurt us this season.......... but in terms of he future........ I am still in favor of this deal. Seymour is toast, and not nearly worth the money he'd command. The leadership we need........ he wouldn't have provided.

Don't wait by the phone ****, you won't get the opportunity to tell us to shove it, cuz we won't be calling.

Not having Seymour showed up on Sunday. BAL ran right at Green and Wright. Would he have meant the difference b/t/w winning and losing? Don't know. Based on how the game went, doubtful.

I am pretty comfortable saying that even with Seymour, I don't think this is a Super Bowl team anyway.

Not having Seymour showed up on Sunday. BAL ran right at Green and Wright. Would he have meant the difference b/t/w winning and losing? Don't know. Based on how the game went, doubtful.

I am pretty comfortable saying that even with Seymour, I don't think this is a Super Bowl team anyway.

WITHOUT QUESTION.

This team had too many issues. would we have beat Balt. without him. Not the way the rest of the team played.

This year was a year of transistion and Sey wasn't brining us to the promise land. For that reason alone, I would give away this year for a potential top-10 pick impact player that could be around for many years to come. Or even just the FAT poker chip that it represents in trades and bargaining.

I'm still totally good with this trade.

Why is it bush league? That's when the offer came. I'm sure the Patriots would have done the deal in May if it were offered.

It's bush league because Deus strongly disagreed with everything about the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back