PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour stomped a colts player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now we know - per RS, he was cut by Glenn on the play and he reacted. He said it wasn't right and wished he could have taken it back. A stand up answer from a stand up guy.
He apologized to Glenn after the game....move on everybody.

Re: Anyone see the seymour clip on nfl today?

MoLewisrocks said:
I saw it twice and it sounded like what they said it was - he stomped on his face mask. And it didn't seem like a split second reaction in the heat of play. The play was over and Glenn was flat on his back when Sey seemed to notice him laying there and deliberately stomped his foot on Glenn's head area.

A good rule of thumb for these guys to follow would be don't get mad (or act stupid) get even in the context of the game.

Mo I have to disagree. I saw it twice as well. It looks like the chest and the play was not over. Sey ran to tackle after he stomped. Only solution is youtube.

mcbee said:
I could see them cutting his overpaid self after this year.

Should be some good DL in the draft.

The pats would be losing if Farve weren't having a bad day.

Continually a twat, mcflea.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Is Glenn known as a dirty player?

It was a cheap shot.

He cut him Ryan.......Mr Glenn is not so clean after all. But, as I said, it was wrong.

I promise you , if Glenn doesn't cut Seymour though, RS doesn't strike back now does he?

fgssand said:
Not good, but, we don't know what TG did to cause such a reaction. If TG had gone after his bad elbow or a knee with intent to injure, what would you then say?

Without knowing the particulars, like when in the game it happened, I think that Seymour was most likely sick of being held on most plays without the refs throwing a flag, and lost his temper. I don't think he just did it for the hell of it. But you still can't play like that.

If he apologized.... im sure Tarik understood. End of story, IMO.

Re: Anyone see the seymour clip on nfl today?

SVN said:
mad or even, they should do it in the context of the game...if you get outplayed you get outplayed...
he comes and whines about the jets game and coaching when he doesnt play well himself...hasnt been the model player this yr

if freeney had done something like this on light we would be up in arms about bill polian...
pats got a break just because they are the pats and kraft IMO

Kind of like when Sanders intentionally injuried Givens after a play was over last year?

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Is Glenn known as a dirty player?

It was a cheap shot.

Ask David Givens if the Colts are dirty. He seems to believe so.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
If he apologized.... im sure Tarik understood. End of story, IMO.

He said he did and therefore you are right.....good luck the rest of the way Ryan - would love play you guys on a Sunday in January.

Patskers said:
His whole season has been disgraceful this year IMO. I still like Seymour but id have to say i like Ty Warren a little more, hes been more consistent since he came into the league.
I guess being considered one of the best lineman in the NFL makes Seymour inconsistent? Don't even question Seymour's playing ability with any other lineman on our defense. Warren, Wilfork, Green. All of them are playing GREAT. But Seymour is the best we have and if he doesnt play good, a lot of the times our front seven doesnt perform well.

But this is about the incident. Its a very very stupid thing to do after the Haynesworth incident. A suspension should have happened. It was disgracefull. But the bottomline to me is that it wasnt near as vicious as Haynesworth's was(The guys helmet was off and he did it two times). I watched Seymour's interview on Fifth Quarter and he was very regretting of it and apologetic it seems. Seymour is definitley a good guy and I'm sure that the Colts game sucked and everyone was frustrated. He apologised. He regretted it, he took his punishment from the league(even if it was lienant). Leave it at that, two weeks ago and its over. He wont do such a thing again.

Patskers said:
His whole season has been disgraceful this year IMO. I still like Seymour but id have to say i like Ty Warren a little more, hes been more consistent since he came into the league.
I guess being considered one of the best lineman in the NFL makes Seymour inconsistent? Don't even question Seymour's playing ability with any other lineman on our defense. Warren, Wilfork, Green. All of them are playing GREAT. But Seymour is the best we have and if he doesnt play good, a lot of the times our front seven doesnt perform well. Oh yeah and you say Warren has been more consistent. Apparently you dont know much about the last few years as Warren has been decent but he only started playing this good since well...this season.

But this is about the incident. Its a very very stupid thing to do after the Haynesworth incident. A suspension should have happened. It was disgracefull. But the bottomline to me is that it wasnt near as vicious as Haynesworth's was(The guys helmet was off and he did it two times). I watched Seymour's interview on Fifth Quarter and he was very regretting of it and apologetic it seems. Seymour is definitley a good guy and I'm sure that the Colts game sucked and everyone was frustrated. He apologised. He regretted it, he took his punishment from the league(even if it was lienant). Leave it at that, two weeks ago and its over. He wont do such a thing again.

mcbee said:
I could see them cutting his overpaid self after this year.

Should be some good DL in the draft.

The pats would be losing if Farve weren't having a bad day.

Does the idiocy stop?

Someone please make it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes