PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour stomped a colts player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
looked alot like haynesworth incident.. i havent heard anything about this til today.. is this new news?

Anyone see the seymour clip on nfl today?

it was despicable to say the least for a pats player to do that...stepped on tarik glenn in haynesworth like fashion...

Seymour fined $7,500 for stomping head of a Colt player

Just saw it on the CBS pre-game show. Colt player was on the ground and Seymour clearly and intentionally stomped on him.

Very disappointing to see a leader of the team resort to such unsportsmanlike actions.

Not sure why this took so long to come out but I'm sure there will be a lot made of it.

Re: Anyone see the seymour clip on nfl today?

That was unsettling to say the least. At least Glenn's helmet was on. $7500 fine.

He should be suspended for that. Bottom line that was a disgrace to this team.

Didn't see the filmclip. But, oh man!
DO NOT NEED something like that.

if there was any player on Patriots roster...itd likely be Seymour. hes given late hits and hes cheap at times. this is unexcusable.

psychoPat said:
Didn't see the filmclip. But, oh man!
DO NOT NEED something like that.

He stomped on his chest. Was fined $7500. You are right, we don't need it but we got it. It doesn't look like a suspension because it would have taken place already. Just a fine.

Not good, but, we don't know what TG did to cause such a reaction. If TG had gone after his bad elbow or a knee with intent to injure, what would you then say?

His whole season has been disgraceful this year IMO. I still like Seymour but id have to say i like Ty Warren a little more, hes been more consistent since he came into the league.

fgssand said:
Not good, but, we don't know what TG did to cause such a reaction. If TG had gone after his bad elbow or a knee with intent to injure, what would you then say?

How about two wrongs don't make a right? Just because someone is classless it doesn't mean you can act classless. There is no reason to stomp on someone on while they are on the ground. IF Glenn did that(attempt to injure him....where did you pull that out of?), which there is NO proof he did, he deserved to be called on it but you don't "call" someone on it while they are flat on thier back. Really sounds like you are making excuses for Big Sey. There is NO excuse for a player in a Pats uniform to be doing that. Very embarrassing. Very dissapointed in Big Sey for doing that. His head definitely isn't on straight right now, his play hasn't been up to his par and now this?

Last edited:
I could see them cutting his overpaid self after this year.

Should be some good DL in the draft.

The pats would be losing if Farve weren't having a bad day.

pats-blue said:
How about two wrongs don't make a right? Just because someone is classless it doesn't mean you can act classless. There is no reason to stomp on someone on while they are on the ground. IF Glenn did that(attempt to injure him....where did you pull that out of?), which there is NO proof he did, he deserved to be called on it but you don't "call" someone on it while they are flat on thier back. Really sounds like you are making excuses for Big Sey. There is NO excuse for a player in a Pats uniform to be doing that. Very embarrassing. Very dissapointed in Big Sey for doing that. His head definitely isn't on straight right now, his play hasn't been up to his par and now this?

First of all I didn't pull it out of anywhere - I said IF. I agree two wrongs are wrong, no doubt. However, if we were able to see what led up to the act, I am just thinking he had to have had a reason. Seymour is not a dirty player.

fgssand said:
First of all I didn't pull it out of anywhere - I said IF. I agree two wrongs are wrong, no doubt. However, if we were able to see what led up to the act, I am just thinking he had to have had a reason. Seymour is not a dirty player.

Well when you say IF about something that there was NOTHING EVER mentioned about you mize well say what if he punched Seys mother last week? I mean your making an excuse, plain and simple. Your trying to find a reason to MAKE it acceptable even if it is COMPLETELY made up.

I understand you said IF but there is no reason he should do this. You took an unacceptable action by Sey and are trying to MAKE it acceptable.

If you want a answer to your IF question.....it wouldn't be acceptable...EVER.

pats-blue said:
Well when you say IF about something that there was NOTHING EVER mentioned about you mize well say what if he punched Seys mother last week? I mean your making an excuse, plain and simple. Your trying to find a reason to MAKE it acceptable even if it is COMPLETELY made up.

I understand you said IF but there is no reason he should do this. You took an unacceptable action by Sey and are trying to MAKE it acceptable.

If you want a answer to your IF question.....it wouldn't be acceptable...EVER.

Your logic is all flawed - ever hear of action and re-action?? Do you really think Seymour is in the habit of launching unprovoked acts? Do you realy think Tarik Glen is a choir boy?

fgssand said:
Your logic is all flawed - ever hear of action and re-action?? Do you really think Seymour is in the habit of launching unprovoked acts? Do you realy think Tarik Glen is a choir boy?

Actually your logic is flawed for a couple of reasons. First action and reaction is usually based upon emotion which it seems you are implying that Sey was so upset about the theoretical attempt to injure him he stomped on his chest. If it was a "reaction" he would have gotten right in his face right after the imaginary play that Tarik attempted to injure Sey.

Instead what you have is while Tarik is on the ground he stomps on his chest. If Tarik ever did try to injure Sey and he walked over to him said something and popped him in the mouth this discussion wouldn't be happening. We are talking about him stomping on the chest of a defensless player which IS CLASSLESS what is so hard to understand about that? We are talking about the classlessness of Seys actions. You aren't going to be able to come up with anything the excuses Sey stomping on a defensless player while he is on the ground...thereby your logic is very flawed.

Digger44 said:
He stomped on his chest. Was fined $7500. You are right, we don't need it but we got it. It doesn't look like a suspension because it would have taken place already. Just a fine.

I saw it twice and it sounded like what they said it was - he stomped on his face mask. And it didn't seem like a split second reaction in the heat of play. The play was over and Glenn was flat on his back when Sey seemed to notice him laying there and deliberately stomped his foot on Glenn's head area.

A good rule of thumb for these guys to follow would be don't get mad (or act stupid) get even in the context of the game.

MoLewisrocks said:
A good rule of thumb for these guys to follow would be don't get mad (or act stupid) get even in the context of the game.
mad or even, they should do it in the context of the game...if you get outplayed you get outplayed...
he comes and whines about the jets game and coaching when he doesnt play well himself...hasnt been the model player this yr

if freeney had done something like this on light we would be up in arms about bill polian...
pats got a break just because they are the pats and kraft IMO

pats-blue said:
Actually your logic is flawed for a couple of reasons. First action and reaction is usually based upon emotion which it seems you are implying that Sey was so upset about the theoretical attempt to injure him he stomped on his chest. If it was a "reaction" he would have gotten right in his face right after the imaginary play that Tarik attempted to injure Sey.

Instead what you have is while Tarik is on the ground he stomps on his chest. If Tarik ever did try to injure Sey and he walked over to him said something and popped him in the mouth this discussion wouldn't be happening. We are talking about him stomping on the chest of a defensless player which IS CLASSLESS what is so hard to understand about that? We are talking about the classlessness of Seys actions. You aren't going to be able to come up with anything the excuses Sey stomping on a defensless player while he is on the ground...thereby your logic is very flawed.

It all comes back to what I said to begin with - IF - IF - IF - Glenn did something that was an intent to injure, such as going for a knee or bending back his injured elbow, then, I could understand Seymour's reaction, why can't you?. I never said it was justified, only pointing out that Seymour is not known as a dirty player and I fell he must have been provoked.

Unless we go back and watch what happened before his reaction, neither one us can say anything about why he did what he did.

fgssand said:
It all comes back to what I said to begin with - IF - IF - IF - Glenn did something that was an intent to injure, such as going for a knee or bending back his injured elbow, then, I could understand Seymour's reaction, why can't you?. I never said it was justified, only pointing out that Seymour is not known as a dirty player and I fell he must have been provoked.

Unless we go back and watch what happened before his reaction, neither one us can say anything about why he did what he did.

Is Glenn known as a dirty player?

It was a cheap shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back