PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour Responds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another whinny Bolts player. They all seem to suffer from this.

Wow. Grammar war on PatsFans. You don't get that at IndyStar.

PFnV

I remember when rookie Wilfork was continually bull-rushing Jeff Hartings in the AFCCG, Hartings countered with, "If you keep bull-rushing, we're going to cut block you."

What the heck is bull-rushing?

What the heck is bull-rushing?
Instead of trying to fight your way around the blocker in front of you to get to the QB, you basically attack the blocker, getting into his waist and chest and pushing him straight back. Think of it as a bull lowering his head and giving the horns.

The BB defense is known for blowing up blocking schemes by attacking the blockers instead of trying to avoid/shed them. This is why you hear comments from veterans like Seau and Chad Brown on how the Pats' D is unlike any they've ever played in. It's also the reason some guys really struggle (Chad Brown).

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Hardwick is one to talk. In the ProJo today:

However, this may be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. After the Chargers’ December game in Tennessee, Hardwick was quoted as saying, “We’re just as dirty if not dirtier than anyone else in the league, so we like that.”

Did you watch the second half (particularly the nine minute and thirteen second drive)? That was most definitely an ass kicking.

Just because your team is soft doesn't mean you have to be.

:D :D :D

Don't let up, guys! Don't let up!!!!!!!;)

I remember when rookie Wilfork was continually bull-rushing Jeff Hartings in the AFCCG, Hartings countered with, "If you keep bull-rushing, we're going to cut block you."

And after the game, Wilfork famously analyzed, "I discovered he was susceptible to power."

Last edited:
Actually, it is. From Webster's online:

Yes, that was a secondary definition from the 13th century. I know it would not have been correct grammar where I went to school. Personally, I think it sounds uneducated. Which is probably why Seymour used the more common use.

The president of any college would never say "Our professors pride themselves in the quality of their education"

After every game, players all talk sh!t in the locker rooms right? All of them. What happens after that? They all go speak to the media in their PC mantras they are all supposed to use after a win or loss. After every win, "Yeah it was good win but we have to continue to improve" ... after every loss (Pats notwithstanding), "we didn't execute, we're going to have to look at the tape, etc, etc".....

The Chargers don't always follow that PC strategy....if they're upset, they say so....if they didn't like something, they say so....if they're confident, they say so. This happens BEFORE and AFTER a game so it's not simply excuses after a loss...... Me? Doesn't bother me. Apparently it gives some of you guys much too much to b!tch about. Every team has their big-mouthed players who keep quiet outside the locker room where ours speak up. Who cares??? Get over it and get to talking football.......

The problem is that it seems the entire Chargers team talks trash. And they haven't EARNED the right to talk it. What have they won of importance? Jack and diddly. If you talk a lot of trash, and you don't BACK IT UP, expect to get called on it. Getting upset for being called on trash talk that you didn't back up, is what's hypocritical. See LT, aka abandoned his team in the playoffs, aka the SAME guy who claimed the Chargers would win 9 out of 10 games against the Patriots.

After every game, players all talk sh!t in the locker rooms right? All of them. What happens after that? They all go speak to the media in their PC mantras they are all supposed to use after a win or loss. After every win, "Yeah it was good win but we have to continue to improve" ... after every loss (Pats notwithstanding), "we didn't execute, we're going to have to look at the tape, etc, etc".....

The Chargers don't always follow that PC strategy....if they're upset, they say so....if they didn't like something, they say so....if they're confident, they say so. This happens BEFORE and AFTER a game so it's not simply excuses after a loss...... Me? Doesn't bother me. Apparently it gives some of you guys much too much to b!tch about. Every team has their big-mouthed players who keep quiet outside the locker room where ours speak up. Who cares??? Get over it and get to talking football.......

Last edited:
The problem is that it seems the entire Chargers team talks trash. And they haven't EARNED the right to talk it. What have they won of importance? Jack and diddly. If you talk a lot of trash, and you don't BACK IT UP, expect to get called on it. Getting upset for being called on trash talk that you didn't back up, is what's hypocritical. See LT, aka abandoned his team in the playoffs, aka the SAME guy who claimed the Chargers would win 9 out of 10 games against the Patriots.

He "abandoned" his team....wow, talk about absurd. And by the way, you dont need to "earn" a right to talk trash. Just like Wilfork hasnt earned a right to poke a player in the eye. If a player wants to talk trash, bring it. So, in your eyes, only SB victors can talk smack? Ridiculous.

He "abandoned" his team....wow, talk about absurd. And by the way, you dont need to "earn" a right to talk trash. Just like Wilfork hasnt earned a right to poke a player in the eye. If a player wants to talk trash, bring it. So, in your eyes, only SB victors can talk smack? Ridiculous.

No, his point was they can talk trash.

If they don't back it up, they can, and doubtless will, be called on it.

It's as simple as that.

the guys have got to have confidence....if they voice there opinion they are adults and they know they are subject to the public lashings! They obviously don't care and it probably helps the game when they say what they want instead of choosing their words 'wisely' and stay PC. LT was asked if he thinks Bolts can be the Pats consistently....he honestly thought they could win 9 out of 10. But if they haven't then sh!t, they haven't! Pisses me off too and gives plenty of you a stiffy. But that was what he felt..... ah well....

I found it funny that Bruschi said after the game, on the field, that he was proud of the team being able to overcome adversity this year to get where they are today....adversity?? Whoopin' teams left and right, not very many injuries....except for the fact the Pats had a tough schedule, there was not nearly the adversity that other teams faced.........

I wonder if the facility folks stock the Chargers lockers with tampons? :confused:

is that all you could come up with in response to all the above posts??

Why do you need some?

I got another one are you ready?

Good:

GFY!!

Now go back to your whiney little board.

Why do you need some?

I got another one are you ready?

Good:

GFY!!

Now go back to your whiney little board.
no, no, no little guy ... I meant intelligent conversation. But nevermind, it's late, don't hurt yourself.

Last edited:
charger fans,,,,,,,go away!! we should make a new rule on this board. after we beat a team, that teams fans are no longer allowed to post here until the next time we play them. giants fans are welcome, whiney charger fans go back to your own board.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back