PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour Responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/22/seymour_stands_ground/
Seymour stands ground
FOXBOROUGH - Richard Seymour would prefer to do his talking on the field, but he feels Chargers center Nick Hardwick left him little choice.

One day after Hardwick called Seymour a "dirty, cheap little pompous [expletive]," in the wake of the Patriots' 21-12 victory in the AFC Championship game, the seventh-year Patriots defensive lineman responded.

"I thought it was classless, but I also understand he was hurt and frustrated," Seymour said. "He's a grown man, and grown men usually try to own up to what happened and not rub it in, taking a loss like a man.

"We were into it the whole game. I just wasn't taking any stuff. All of it came between the whistles. Me, I'm not going to go to the media and talk bad about someone. I take pride in not crying to the media about what goes on in the line of play. If I want to say something about that, I'm going to handle it on the field.

"There's no battle of words, but you can't attack my character."

Seymour was made aware of Hardwick's comments from a friend; Hardwick accused Seymour of dirty play, including "head-slapping" and "foot-stomping." Seymour believes the videotape of the game would prove Hardwick wrong.

"There is nothing to hide," the five-time Pro Bowler said. "Whatever I did, it was between the whistles. Of course there is some pushing and shoving; it's a physical game. That's the way I play the game. There was nothing after the whistle, but it's a violent game and I play the game violently."

You tell em SEY :rocker:

Seymour also said that he didn't expect any Christmas cards from Hardwick. :D

Last edited:
For a big fat-body NFL O-lineman, Hartwick sure sounds like a big p*ssy.

I agree. I have to say though, it appears that Opposing OLs don't like the way our DL brings it on a weakly basis.

I LIKE IT. :D

Well that's two years in a row The Pats have beaten up on The Chaagaa's, and they come back crying to their mommy. LT is the classiest guy he know...just ask him. Now this. They NFL should fine them just for acting like ****es!

Great response!
Chargers are already starting the media whining process, I see.
Stay Class-less San Diego!

I agree. I have to say though, it appears that Opposing OLs don't like the way our DL brings it on a weakly basis.

I LIKE IT. :D
I remember when rookie Wilfork was continually bull-rushing Jeff Hartings in the AFCCG, Hartings countered with, "If you keep bull-rushing, we're going to cut block you."

Regards,
Chris

Awesome.

This would make a great sig--> "It's a violent game and I play the game violently." - Richard Seymour

Thats HARDWICK, not HARTWICK. Thay P*SSY has no Hart. Sey will lay wood on his wimp azz in 2008 as well since we play them in SD

Well, here's another rambling by Nick Softwick courtesy Tomase's blog. For a guy who went to Purdue, he sure is a MF brainless tool. So, somehow the rest of the league should fear SoCal boyz ?

Talk about a hypocrite about being dirty. Add him to the "idiots are us SD Chargers"

Suffice to say that ******ed gum flapping team will never win anything with primadonas and losers like him, Olshanky, Shaun Phillips, Merriman, Rivers , LdT....list goes on.

It will be fun to beat the crap out of them again next yr after we have 4 rings to shove in their face

UPDATE: A number of readers have forwarded us this quote from the Tennessean, from Hardwick earlier this season after they beat the Titans.

“Their mindset was to try to intimidate us and see if we’ll back down,” Hardwick said. “Everyone seems to think we’re soft — that we’re Southern Cal boys and we’re not going to play hard and we’re soft and we’re quitters. We’re just as dirty, if not dirtier than anyone else in the league, so we like that. That’s the way Kansas City was. That’s the way Tennessee was. They think they’re going to swell up on us and be bigger than us, tougher.”

Thats HARDWICK, not HARTWICK. Thay P*SSY has no Hart. Sey will lay wood on his wimp azz in 2008 as well since we play them in SD

--------------

That's already a sold out game!

Fan interference: blow darts on Mr. Butts.

:D

He should've added "maybe it comes from the head coach" :D

Some teams just loose and move on, San Diego whines incessently for weeks after we kick their ass.

I love that line"its a violent game,and i play the game violently".That s good stuff....sounds like a sig addition.....

--------------

That's already a sold out game!

Fan interference: blow darts on Mr. Butts.

:D

Now, now we all know San Diego can't sell out games.

DefenseRules;759912"We were into it the whole game. I just wasn't taking any stuff. All of it came between the whistles. Me said:
I take pride in [/B]not crying to the media about what goes on in the line of play. If I want to say something about that, I'm going to handle it on the field.

"There's no battle of words, but you can't attack my character."

Good for Seymour...I love his response.

I must say I'm also impressed that he used the correct form of pride in his reply. I don't know how many times I hear athletes say, "I pride myself in...."!! That just plain incorrect grammar. Pride is a noun, so you can't pride yourself in anything.

It's "I take pride in" not "I pride myself in..." Wake up people...here, take this...I'll take those!

Now I'm sure someone is going to show me some extreme definition that says pride is a verb...but it's not.;)

Good for Seymour...I love his response.

I must say I'm also impressed that he used the correct form of pride in his reply. I don't know how many times I hear athletes say, "I pride myself in...."!! That just plain incorrect grammar. Pride is a noun, so you can't pride yourself in anything.

It's "I take pride in" not "I pride myself in..." Wake up people...here, take this...I'll take those!

Now I'm sure someone is going to show me some extreme definition that says pride is a verb...but it's not.;)

Actually, it is. From Webster's online:

Main Entry:
2pride
Function:
transitive verb
Inflected Form(s):
prid·ed; prid·ing
Date:
13th century

: to indulge (as oneself) in pride

-------------------

??? You call that an 'ass-kicking?'

Did you watch the second half (particularly the nine minute and thirteen second drive)? That was most definitely an ass kicking.

Just because your team is soft doesn't mean you have to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes