PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour, Raiders strike 2-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's no longer a Patriot so good for him. He's earned it.

He earned what he was paid in the past - the Raiders are fools for making him the 5th highest paid player. No way he comes close to earning 1/2 of that.

Those Forbes lists are always a little wacky because they mix accounting methods when reporting these deals. They inexplicably claim Manning signed a 3 year $69M deal. It is a 5 year $90M deal. He's tops this season because he's getting a $20M signing bonus and a $3M roster bonus (and a salary they don't seem to account for so it's actually more). Tom doesn't rank on the list this season by that method since he is only "getting" $10M this season (although he's actually getting another $10M in deferred signing bonus from last season which if included would put him second on the list - although they likely included it last year when he "earned" $26.5M in bonus and salary)...but for him they are using new money average...

Richard's deal - which was one of a couple that had to be restructured to get them under the cap earlier this month to the point they will kill them next season as Nnamdi's did before them - is just emblematic of how mismanaged the Raiders are these days on multiple levels. Cap management, roster construction, talent evaluation, coaching selection, etc... No number of remotely highest paid players in the league or at the position on a roster will win you a damn thing these days unless one of them is a QB who is actually worth it...

Al is gonna be so forced to trade us his top 2012 and/or 2013 draft picks for Mallett while he's still on his capped 3rd round rookie deal...:rofl:

Al is gonna be so forced to trade us his top 2012 and/or 2013 draft picks for Mallett while he's still on his capped 3rd round rookie deal...:rofl:

I've been thinking the same thing. Let's hope they go about 6-10 and finish out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Seattle is another team that's going to need a qb in a year or two but has too much talent to be awful. Washington has Rex Grossman at qb. Nuff ced. Shanny wouldn't want Mallett because of his lack of mobility. But, his successor might.

He earned what he was paid in the past - the Raiders are fools for making him the 5th highest paid player. No way he comes close to earning 1/2 of that.

True but what i meant is...he was a great player for us but since he isn't a Patriot any longer i'm glad to see some team is willing to pay that kind of money to him even if it isn't sensible.

WOW, talk about getting over paid for a player at the close end of his career. He didn't do much for us after getting that big contract from us anyway. Way to go Raiders. (For the heck of it, I wrote these lines.)

If the above comments makes you angry and want to write a 100 line post chiding me, here is my stand. It is all the opinions and mine is as much right or wrong as is yours. At the end none of it matters as the team knows much more information based on which they make decisions and if they decided to move away from Big Sey, so be it.

Going by a few arguments in this thread that we make decisions based on the past, I think the team and Bill deserve some appreciation based on their track record for the past decade or so; I think they have earned it.

Can't believe some of us never able to let things go... :ugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
. He didn't do much for us after getting that big contract from us anyway.

No dissing a ex player. How can you say that when the drop in the line play after he left is still is not addressed 3 yrs down the road. You said he did not play well then how come its hard to find some scrub to do what he did. He only had 8 sacks a 3-4end in 2008 . .Which of our 3-4 end will have 8 sacks this year and replace his bad production.We cry about a dline with no attitude but always cringe as seymour displayed alot of attitude. How many games have you seen him mess around and pick fights with OL. He is a mean SOB and brought some nastiness as vince and warren where not that type.

Last edited:
No dissing a ex player. How can you say that when the drop in the line play after he left is still is not addressed 3 yrs down the road.

Buddy, did you read these lines

" (For the heck of it, I wrote these lines.) " ;)

What I meant was every one is entitled to their opinion, nothing more nothing less :)

Last edited:
DL are premium players and aside from Wilfork, Ngata, and Suh, what other DL out there would you take besides Seymour?

DL are premium players and aside from Wilfork, Ngata, and Suh, what other DL out there would you take besides Seymour?

None and you can't really deny that Seymour has improved that Raiders D-line alot

None and you can't really deny that Seymour has improved that Raiders D-line alot

And how our DL got a lot worse when he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes