PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been injured and out of games regularly for the past 5 years for all kinds of problems - Is this really a shocker? :rolleyes:

Wow, didn't take long for the negatives to come rolling in. The guy's been THE consistent player on our D-Line all year, while Warren and Wilfork got hurt (not their fault, of course). Looks like the message board vultures have been circling all season, though. I don't get why so many of you guys insist on finding reasons to have a problem with, outside of Brady, maybe the most instrumental player in the Super Bowl runs.

Last edited:
Was I the only one surprised by that number?

Nope, he's been an absolute monster this year. IMO the single biggest reason why we're really good against the run this year, as well.

Nope, he's been an absolute monster this year. IMO the single biggest reason why we're really good against the run this year, as well.

I'd have to say Mayo is right up there

Isn't it true that opposing teams frequently put two men on him or at least are forced to plan extra when he is on the field?

I'm surprised that he has amassed 8 sacks this season. That's gotta be his career best right?

It is, tied with his 2003 eight sack season.

It wasn't who our sack leader was that surprised me, but how many sacks he had.

Isn't it true that opposing teams frequently put two men on him or at least are forced to plan extra when he is on the field?

You are right on. The guy is a beast and has been demanding double teams since his the last part of his rookie year.

Looks like Borges was right after the game last week. :mad:

I think Seymour is Borges buddy. I wouldn't be shocked if he is Borges source.

Seymour may be the best DL on the Patriots team, but he has developed a loser mentality about blaming others for his short comings (in public)...i.e
1. complaining about his playing time on passing downs two weeks ago
2. blaming coaches for his injury (i.e. playing fullback)
3. blaming coaches for losing a game (i.e. Jets game two years ago)

There may be other players on the team that may have similar complaints but they don't share it with the media.

With Ventrone out for the year as well due to jaw surgery, he should be placed on IR shortly. Who do we activate from the PS?? Adams for DL or Dillard or Price for ST's??

Why? Still can't admit you are wrong about the kid?

About who, Slater? I have no opinion of him, I hope he does great.

I worry when I see a kickoff going his way.

Are you saying he's an answer at safety? I hope so.

Looks like Borges was right after the game last week. :mad:

I think Seymour is Borges buddy. I wouldn't be shocked if he is Borges source.

Seymour may be the best DL on the Patriots team, but he has developed a loser mentality about blaming others for his short comings (in public)...i.e
1. complaining about his playing time on passing downs two weeks ago
2. blaming coaches for his injury (i.e. playing fullback)
3. blaming coaches for losing a game (i.e. Jets game two years ago)

There may be other players on the team that may have similar complaints but they don't share it with the media.

Reads like an agenda driven J.Edgar Hoover file on Pats players.

Wow, didn't take long for the negatives to come rolling in. The guy's been THE consistent player on our D-Line all year, while Warren and Wilfork got hurt (not their fault, of course). Looks like the message board vultures have been circling all season, though. I don't get why so many of you guys insist on finding reasons to have a problem with, outside of Brady, maybe the most instrumental player in the Super Bowl runs.

its injury. **** happens sometimes...BB ideally, holds out players early in the yr from minor injuries and his injury reports are shorter towards the end of the yr and even semi healthy players play when the season reaches crunch time. the fact that seymour cant go means it really is serious enough for BB to hold him out.

Was I the only one surprised by that number?

Which one...the 5 or the 8?
I can think of 5 years he was MIA for many games...and I wonder how many other team leaders only have 8 sacks.

Last edited:
About who, Slater? I have no opinion of him, I hope he does great.

I worry when I see a kickoff going his way.

Are you saying he's an answer at safety? I hope so.

I think Slater should have returned all 2nd half KO vs. the Cards last week. The only way to get more comfy back there is to practice and to return in difficult conditions (without the game on the line).

I think Slater should have returned all 2nd half KO vs. the Cards last week. The only way to get more comfy back there is to practice and to return in difficult conditions (without the game on the line).

His average is bad, plus he fumbles.

You don't get a lot of practice fumbling kicks on this team.

Can never understand the negativity about Seymour, he has been a beast all season... 8 sacks, very consistent against the run and continually locks up 2 blockers.. both he and AD out are very significant losses.. can we still win?? Yes, but I hope he is back for the tournament.

I am not worried Jarvis Green will step up as usual. We have won Playoffs games against the Colts and Steelers without Seymour.

That's with the rest of the D being relatively healthy though. Most of it is missing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes