PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour On Reserve/Left Squad List per Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKraftyOne

Reaction score
NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reports Richard Seymour was placed on the Raiders’ reserve-left squad list Friday.

The move indicates that the Raider consider Seymour part of their organization, essentially acknowledging that the trade with New England is official, and that Seymour has left the team without permission.

The Raiders sent a 2011 first-round pick to the Patriots for Seymour on Sept. 6, but the veteran defensive tackle has yet to report to Oakland..

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Raiders put Seymour on reserve-left squad list

Interesting. I wonder what happens if he doesn't show up at all?

If he's on the reserve list, does that mean he can't play this year at all? Or can they activate him?

If he doesn't show up soon, they should can his whole year. That'd serve him right..

Well, there go all the arguments that Seymour holds all the cards. I hope he smartens up and reports. No matter how blind-sided he feels by the trade, he is not doing himself any favors by sitting home and pouting.

The Raiders putting Seymour on the Reserve / Left Squad list means that they he is, technically, suspended and they don't have to pay him.. Pretty silly of him to piss away 231K per check, honestly..

Last edited:
I am guessing that he cares less about the money and more about getting to another team. I would not be surprised if he never reports to the Raiders.

Seymour needs to suck it up, be a man and report to the raiders IMHO. It doesn't appear that he is doing himself any favors but this is the NFL and if you are good enough, you'll still get your contract no matter your personal issues.

We should set up a poll on what happens first:

Seymour reports.

A Mod eventually gets around to making all Seymour threads into one.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder what happens if he doesn't show up at all?

If he's on the reserve list, does that mean he can't play this year at all? Or can they activate him?

If he doesn't show up soon, they should can his whole year. That'd serve him right..

It looks as though the Raiders are one step short of suspending him

for the year. Maybe, that step will be taken next week. The Raiders

can't let him get away with this because other players they acquire in

trades will try this.

He hold those cards only if he shows up for a physical.

Well, there go all the arguments that Seymour holds all the cards. I hope he smartens up and reports. No matter how blind-sided he feels by the trade, he is not doing himself any favors by sitting home and pouting.

The move indicates that the Raider consider Seymour part of their organization, essentially acknowledging that the trade with New England is official, and that Seymour has left the team without permission.

The league's giving them a roster exemption said that as well, I reckon.

I have to presume that Richard's trying to get a no-franchise concession out of them, not just playing "Crabtree Chicken," the game where you try to force your opponent to fold by threatening to harm yourself.

It looks like his choices are retire or go to the raiders.

At some point they can lock him out for the year. I don't know when that is.

He MAY be hoping that if he doesn't show, then by definition he didn't pass his physical, so the trade is nullified.

If that is what he is trying, I hope it blows up in his face.

It looks like his choices are retire or go to the raiders.

At some point they can lock him out for the year. I don't know when that is.

He MAY be hoping that if he doesn't show, then by definition he didn't pass his physical, so the trade is nullified.

If that is what he is trying, I hope it blows up in his face.

I believe he has until the 10th week to report. And then he loses the entire year..

The Raiders putting Seymour on the Reserve / Left Squad list means that they he is, technically, suspended and they don't have to pay him.. Pretty silly of him to piss away 231K per check, honestly..

DaBruinz, thanks for the bonus correction. Do you know how much Al Davis can actually go after?'
You've become a monster by the way :)

I had read earlier that he would get a check if he was on the 53 man

roster. This apparently closes that loophole. Why report if you could

sit at home and collect your check?

I believe he has until the 10th week to report. And then he loses the entire year..

He has the 5 day letter. Can't the Raiders sit him out for the year

next Tuesday? They might prefer this to letting him screw them

around for 10 weeks.

Last edited:
He has the 5 day letter. Can't the Raiders sit him out for the year

next Tuesday? They might prefer this to letting him screw them

around for 6 weeks.

He got the letter on Thursday. He has 5 days to report or the Raiders can put him on a season ending reserve list. He gets no pay and is still the Raiders property for the 2011 season.
Not sure what Seymour is thinking but losing 200K+ per game seems to indicate he isn't thinking. We do know that he loves money and the top dollar for his services...

He hold those cards only if he shows up for a physical.

How, in your opinion mg, does he hold the cards if he shows up for a physical?

Just trying to get a grasp on all the angles, that's all.

Perhaps Seymour will report over the weekend to avoid be putting on the Reserve list for the year and still owe a year of service to Oakland. He can then sit out for a few games and then show up for practice.

I don't see him risking injury for any more games than he has to at $230K a game. After all, he is looking for a $30M pay day next year which he is likely to get even if the raiders franchise

WHAT IS BEST FOR THE RAIDERS?
1) get a half of a year or so out of Seymour and then franchise and trade him next year.
2) let Seymour sit and trade him next year to someone who can get him to report. He would still have a salary of $3.7M for 2010 and a franchise amount of for $14M for 2011. Some team that Seymour accepts will trade for that deal.
3) get a long term deal out of Seymour
4) give him Seymour a no-franchise provision contingent on him playing at least 12 games

NONE OF THIS MATTERS TO THE PATRIOTS
unless the Raiders successfully void the deal based on Seymour's not reporting or if a new eal is struck between the patriots and the raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes