PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour on Injury List with broken heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If his "sorrow" over Deion sabotages the game this weekend, I'll- I'll stamp my feet and shout Rumpelstilskin.:eek:

Last edited:
Or you could just flat out turn on him like BelichickFan and some of the other posters are starting to do with the "Shut up and play" and "Who cares what you think" kinds of posts.

I mean the nerve of Seymour to actually not tow the company line for 5 minutes and be a human being. How dare he!

PonyExpress said:
If his "sorrow" over Deion sabotages the game this weekend, I'll- I'll stamp my feet and shout Rumpelstilskin.:eek:
:rofl: :rofl: Nice!! It does bother me a little bit that he wasn't at practice but then again it did say it was just the part that media was allowed to attend. Maybe we'll find out later that he was at the rest of practice.

SoonerPatriot said:
Or you could just flat out turn on him like BelichickFan and some of the other posters are starting to do with the "Shut up and play" and "Who cares what you think" kinds of posts.

I mean the nerve of Seymour to actually not tow the company line for 5 minutes and be a human being. How dare he!
I think alot of people are upset because it was him that started this whole trend in New England. I just hope Branch is the last although I seriously doubt it.

Well let's hope Richard is healthy, because there will be a nice, juicy, rookie LT facing him this weekend that he can take his frustrations out on.

I can understand how he feels even though Branch is an ass. He was his teammate and part of the success the team has had.

SoonerPatriot said:
I haven't turned on Seymour. But :

- He started this with his holdout last year.
- He's the one who always says "it's a business".

So, yeah, get out there and play.

Born_a_Patriot said:
I can understand how he feels even though Branch is an ass. He was his teammate and part of the success the team has had.

Still, "There's no crying in football!"

TNPatsFan said:
Well let's hope Richard is healthy, because there will be a nice, juicy, rookie LT facing him this weekend that he can take his frustrations out on.
You can tell he isn't at full strength watching tape, on the one defensive series I broke down, he was being manhandled by the LT, this is the same way things started for him last season, though they didn't list any injuries in the opener that I recall. That rookie LT may be a good reason to rest Sey amd start Wright or Green.

BelichickFan said:
I haven't turned on Seymour. But :

- He started this with his holdout last year.
- He's the one who always says "it's a business".

So, yeah, get out there and play.

1. It is a business.

2. Richard Seymour didn't invent "holding out".

3. Blame BB for caving and giving him what he wanted. That didn't happen, we would be without Seymour, but there would be no trend.

Box_O_Rocks said:
You can tell he isn't at full strength watching tape, on the one defensive series I broke down, he was being manhandled by the LT, this is the same way things started for him last season, though they didn't list any injuries in the opener that I recall. That rookie LT may be a good reason to rest Sey amd start Wright or Green.

Box, I guess this is tied to whatever ailment started him on the PUP in preseason/TC?

Brownfan80 said:
Box, I guess this is tied to whatever ailment started him on the PUP in preseason/TC?
I couldn't say, but that dragged on a bit for him, so I wouldn't be adverse to resting him this week and letting someone else beat up the rook.

Is Tom Jackson going to break out another "They hate thier coach" lines Sunday monring?

I think he has been dinged up through camp, was on the PUP, no need for him to risk injury in the first practice of the week, #93 will be on the field terrorizing Noodle-Arm Sunday.

And about Seymour starting this trend, the only reason I think he got away with it was BB considers him a huge key player, plus his agent kept it semi in house and didn't start bashing management or the team, nor was he being stupid about it. I think the only guys who could get away with a holdout and get the Pats to cave are Sey and Brady, only because BB considers them "Hall of Fame" talent. Everybody else is expendable, for the right price.

Aldogg said:
I think he has been dinged up through camp, was on the PUP, no need for him to risk injury in the first practice of the week, #93 will be on the field terrorizing Noodle-Arm Sunday.

Maybe, but Belichick has not played him before when he's missed practice. I just hope it is not serious.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I couldn't say, but that dragged on a bit for him, so I wouldn't be adverse to resting him this week and letting someone else beat up the rook.

True, who is the rook in question? (I'm too lazy too look)

Brownfan80 said:
True, who is the rook in question? (I'm too lazy too look)
D'Brickshaw Ferguson

If Seymour was going to skip practices because Branch wasn't here, we wouldn't have seen him yet this season. Let's not get too silly.

dryheat44 said:
If Seymour was going to skip practices because Branch wasn't here, we wouldn't have seen him yet this season. Let's not get too silly.
Unless he like Brady really thought something would get settled and didn't expect Branch to be traded. It's probably nothing but the way things have been going, it's hard to not have it in the back of your mind.

Alk said:
D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Ah, I'm less optimistic about a top 5 rookie than I'd have been if we were talking about a late rounder. I'd rather see Seymour show him the NFL than one of our backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back