PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour of old is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Was all over the place today, finally showing his dominance again. Hopefully he can continue this trend.

I thought the whole line played well, getting better as the game went on. Thomas had some good rushes too, which is going to be the biggest key to our pass rush going forward IMO.

I would like to see that against the colts.Get Manning some happy feet.

Show some love to Ty Warren as well, who was almost (if not equally) as dominant as Big Sey on most plays today. They all did their jobs well today and it showed in the run D and the pass game.

haha I actually got online to start this thread, I'm glad someone already made it. Way to go big Sey!!!

i was thinking about this well...

what do we do with Sey? hes doing amazing again...

do we pay him and he becomes complacent? or do we let him go and loes his talent?

Playing for a new contract!

Seymour played well agreed. Did i miss something, does he have a broken hand, wrist? What was the cast for? Injury reports or lack thereof are a joke.

i was thinking about this well...

what do we do with Sey? hes doing amazing again...

do we pay him and he becomes complacent? or do we let him go and loes his talent?

He hasn't been healthy. Just because he had the offseason to recover doesn't mean he was back to 100% again. You can see the difference in his explosive ability and strength now, which started last week. He very well could have started the season on the PUP, the way he played early. If you think he can stay healthy, then you pay him. If you think he's going to keep getting dinged, let him walk, painful as it might be. I'd prefer to keep him and hope he stays healthy, it's hard to find a player that can do what a healthy Richard Seymour does.

Seymour himself said he was 100% going into the season...

It's nice to see him, although he can be up and down I guess. I didn't see a cast (I was watching at the bar) how long has he had that on? I thought he was a constant disruption, exactly what we need. It's funny to me. In the 2 games I noticed Seymour the most (today and the Jets) and is the same games I noticed Adalius Thomas the most. Front 7 play is key!

I suspect that our scouts and BB saw something, that really favored him against the Rams.. and the gameplan let him loose..

Doesn't the Rams line suck as well? Not nitpicking, just saying.

Was all over the place today, finally showing his dominance again. Hopefully he can continue this trend.

Seymour played well today, but I don't think he is close to what he was. He has a good game and people claim he is back, then he does nothing for 2 or 3 games and is not even on the radar.

I thought Seymour has been pretty dominant all season except for the Dolphins and Chargers game. It might not show on the stats column, but he has been playing well this year. The guy did have two sacks last week.

I thought Seymour has been pretty dominant all season except for the Dolphins and Chargers game. It might not show on the stats column, but he has been playing well this year. The guy did have two sacks last week.

Yes, but we got our ass kicked, and the chargers moved the ball at will.

Yes, but we got our ass kicked, and the chargers moved the ball at will.

Did Seymour play all 11 positions? The only games he played bad in were the games where everyone played bad. Name one player on defense who had a good game vs. the Chargers? A DE cannot carry the team.

Do you ever have anything remotely positive to say?

He played very well today. However, Orlando Pace just returned from injury.

I don't thin Seymour has necessarily been playing "bad." The system that the Pats play in doesn't always allow for a high count of stacks from the defensive line positions. He's had a number of batted passes this year it seems.

Something I haven't liked about him this year...he really pushes the envelope when it comes to those late hits on the quarterback. I understand playing until the whistle blows but it seems as if he makes a big play only to throw it away with a personal foul penalty.

He had a good first two games then fell off (with the rest of the team) against Miami. It's good to have him back. He was working the Denver guard over last week, and that's a decent line (better than STL).

Last edited:
Did Seymour play all 11 positions? The only games he played bad in were the games where everyone played bad. Name one player on defense who had a good game vs. the Chargers? A DE cannot carry the team.

Do you ever have anything remotely positive to say?

No, he cannot.....I was just saying. Also, if you read my posts tonight, most were very posotive ( for me). Do a seach.

so anyone know why AD and vrabel have switched sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes