PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour not happy with Pees' decision to sit him on third downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seymour not happy with Pees decision to sit him on third downs

Evidence supporting your opinion is that BB invariably kneels down and talks to Sey at the defensive bench all the time. I see it every game as I sit right behind the Pats defensive bench. Me, I don't know what the real situation is.

My guess would be that Seymour should be one of the two linemen when they only play two, he's more suited than Wilfork, for sure. Since he's coming off serious knee surgery I'm guessing they'd like to keep him out in some situations if possible.

However, he's a competitor and wants to be in every play. That's my take.

Re: Seymour not happy with Pees decision to sit him on third downs

Personally I think he is no longer a true blue Patriot and will probably do an Asante or Deion thing for big $$$ once the team is officially eliminated and he completes his big contract he got in 2005.

He already pulled a Deoin with his last contract; the diff is the Pats payed Seymour whereas they didn't pay Branch and let him hold out.

The team blows on third down situations all year and they continue to sit Seymour? I think he's right to be mad about not being in there. I would rather him handle it in house but at least he wasn't too disrespectful in the media.

IMO, he should be out there. Our current attack plan isn't working

Oh no he wants to play on 3rd downs?! Somebody fire him right away! :rolleyes:

Didn't see this posted before,This was SMY's article from Wednesday

Patriots coaches respond to Seymour’s gripe | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Maybe Pees saw something in the past which shows Seymour is not a good
3rd down guy for reason behind his decision

For Seymour to start griping about the defensive calls pretty much sets him up for an exit out of foxborough which was probably going to happen anyway.

LOL. I don't think so.

BB believes in paying for elite DLs, why get rid of one of the best that already knows his system?

He's building a 3 million dollar house. What are you guys thinking? He's not leaving.

LOL. I don't think so.

BB believes in paying for elite DLs, why get rid of one of the best that already knows his system?

because we are all set at every other position. we can afford to get rid of all pro's

Seymour is having a good year on defense for this team which lacks a lot of it as a whole,but the 'All-Pro' defensive lineman crap has been over since 2004... Seymour is an above average DE but his All-Pro days are over

Seymour is having a good year on defense for this team which lacks a lot of it as a whole,but the 'All-Pro' defensive lineman crap has been over since 2004... Seymour is an above average DE but his All-Pro days are over

Seymour was a freaking monster in 2005, nobody could block him. It's been since he came back in 2006 that he was lacking, but I think the fact we haven't had Willie McGinnest on the roster has reflected Seymour's performance for the obvious reasons. Adalius Thomas and Vrabel are great, but they aren't Willie McGinnest.

No, it's not rare or unexpected.

also not the first time it's happened.

Adalius Thomas, Willie McGinest and Junior Seau got pulled in the past, and they griped about it.

If Belichick had any hard feelings over this kind of thing, he wouldn't have signed Seau again.

Much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey