PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour is only Patriot in Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for what? The only thing TB cares about, and rightly so, is winning the superbowl. As the Patriots have proven time and again, the # of players on the Prow Bowl roster has zero correlation with winning the SB.
Go looking for more money. The guy is only human. It was one thing to let Givens and Branch, who are superior to anyone still on the Patriots at WR, go, but to then bring in nothing but second rate receivers to replace them was an insult to the remaining guys on offense, especially Brady. Belichick and Pioli were too smug on that one. Sure, they, along with Kraft, have been great for the organization, but on this one they f****d with the best player the Patriots have ever had, and he showed quite clearly earlier in the year that he did not like it. OK, maybe all Brady cares about is winning super bowls, but that's a long stretch now too with no real quality receivers on the team.

At Interior Lineman, which is the category, Seymour is a far better player than Warren. Wilfork would probably be ahead of Warren. The media of course all played up Warren - wrong again!

I say the same thing this year that I posted here last year and the year before that, I hate the Pro Bowl and wish that no Patriots ever play in it. I know they don't play that hard and most don't play too long but, why risk any freak injury for nothing as far as I'm concerned. Pro Bowl -->
lame.gif

This couldn't happen at abetter time. The 'no respect" card will be played. Rodney thrives on it- they just insulted some of his team mates.:mad:

I know that it's important the palyers but I never watch the friggin game anyways. I'm happy that it all came out now. :rocker:

Personally, I don't want any of our players participating. Let them just miss in the voting and take it out on the opponents on the field. No need risking injury for a stupid, pointless fluff game. I think the Pro Bowl is stupid. I haven't watched it in fifteen years.

Look on the bright side. It will be THAT much easier to extend Samuel now that he's not in the Pro Bowl.

Also, Koppen should have made it over Jeff Saturday. I have issue with Chris McAllister making the Pro Bowl over ANYONE.

Other than that, I can't see any player than a Patriot should have made it over, other than perhaps the Tom Brady slight.

As for other players, Anquan Boldin shouldn't have made it over his teammate Larry Fitzgerald, and Marques Colston should have made it over Donald Driver.

I have no problem with Asante not making it. Lowers his price, hopefully, at least a little.

I think INT's are sometimes an over rated stat. In my opinion Samuel get's thrown at because opposing teams and QB's don't think that highly of him. He has been good, but still shows some major inconsistency. I think you can make a good case for Koppen, Just read something in the Sporting News where people are starting to consider Koppen the best center in the AFC. I think he will start to get some recognition really soon. Brady, I think you can make a case for him, I believe he is #3 in the AFC in TD passes, #4 in yardage, and #5 in passer rating, borderline, but you certainly can make a case for him making the PB. Not Brady's best season, but still excellent non the less, especially with the WR situation on the team. Hasn't had that much to work with.

Re: Seymour is Patriots only Pro Bowl Starter

Ouch. Manning, Palmer, and Rivers in the pro bowl over Tom. I have to take issue with Rivers over Tom, and I think Tom agrees with me.

Nice to meet you Homer

This couldn't happen at abetter time. The 'no respect" card will be played. Rodney thrives on it- they just insulted some of his team mates.:mad:

I know that it's important the palyers but I never watch the friggin game anyways. I'm happy that it all came out now. :rocker:

Who did they insult short of Warren and Samuel? I can't honestly pick any other players that without question should be in hawaii this season.

Who did they insult short of Warren and Samuel? I can't honestly pick any other players that without question should be in hawaii this season.

holy crap we agree.

A lot of people believe that Warren has outplayed Seymour, that may look like it but you must remember that Seymour is always doubled team, Warren is not he benefits from the double teams that Seymour gets. That is why Seymour gets voted in almost every year, he is respected through out the league and coaches and players know that when he is out their you better put two on him or he will get to the QB.

I think this is another guy they forgot about.

3. Mike Vrabel, New England, linebacker -- For my money, Vrabel is the glue that holds the Patriots defense together, and perennially one of the most underrated playmakers in the league. He is one of the few linebackers who can handle both the inside and outside position, as he has proven once again in taking over for the injured Junior Seau at inside linebacker.

Vrabel has three interceptions, 3½ sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery, but that doesn't measuring his full value to the Patriots, who rely on him to handle so many responsibilities in their 3-4 scheme. Watch Vrabel compared to the more celebrated Tedy Bruschi at this point in their careers, and it's easy to see who's the more consistent performer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/12/19/pro.bowl/index.html

I know it does not feel that he is having a pro bowl season, but Tom Brady is having as good if not better season than last yr , and he is better than Rivers.. Wilfork and Warren should have gotten noticed .. Samual has tough competion..

How about the human turnstile, Matt Light? The traffic cone. Great extension on that schlub. Can you imagine if they had drafted McNeill? They were high on him I read in one report.

Add me to the list of people that loves this news. Guys like Warren and Samuel only get more expensive with pro bowl nominations.

I also feel it is a safe assumption that no team has ever won the superbowl with only 1 pro bowler. That would be an awesome mark to leave behind. Talk about no respect for the ultimate team.

What absolutely floored me was Shawne Merriman.

The guy got suspended for steroids....He got caught cheating and they still elected him to the Pro Bowl.

To me that is the epitomy of what a joke the Pro Bowl is. Total joke.

I hope the Pats use this as motivation for the rest of the year.

But I also see it as the league saying the Pats are going to be handed thier hats and sent packing for home. The league has just stated loudly and clearly who they want in the biggest games this year.

Consider that the Pro Bowl selections are mainly coming from the players and the coaches rather than the fans, you cant disagree with the selections.
Players and coaches pick Seymour and Merriman because those are guys are the kinds of players where offensive coordinators have to gameplan AROUND those types of guys. Thats like all those naysayers who said the Pats reached with Seymour because he didn't have that many sacks during his senior year at Georgia.

And regarding Rivers over Brady I agree. Rivers has led his team to a better record. Isn't this fan base all about wins over numbers? Now you guys are going Peyton on us.
Also not to mention, the selections made by the coaches and the players were after the Week 14 games. Week 14 being Brady's 78 yard 12/25 passing performance against the dolphins while Phillip Rivers threw for 270+ and led the Chargers to 48 points over a very respectable Broncos Defense.

I recomend getting NFL Sunday Ticket and watching some other games out there. Seymour is the only deserving Pats player.

Consider that the Pro Bowl selections are mainly coming from the players and the coaches rather than the fans, you cant disagree with the selections.
Players and coaches pick Seymour and Merriman because those are guys are the kinds of players where offensive coordinators have to gameplan AROUND those types of guys. Thats like all those naysayers who said the Pats reached with Seymour because he didn't have that many sacks during his senior year at Georgia.

And regarding Rivers over Brady I agree. Rivers has led his team to a better record. Isn't this fan base all about wins over numbers? Now you guys are going Peyton on us.
Also not to mention, the selections made by the coaches and the players were after the Week 14 games. Week 14 being Brady's 78 yard 12/25 passing performance against the dolphins while Phillip Rivers threw for 270+ and led the Chargers to 48 points over a very respectable Broncos Defense.

I recomend getting NFL Sunday Ticket and watching some other games out there. Seymour is the only deserving Pats player.

Not sure where you have been the last 5 years, but when Pats had back-to-back 14-2 seasons, they only got 3-4 players on the pro bowl roster. It was kind of overlooked because we were truly a "team" and put no players ahead of the team but looking back on those seasons, we had tons of players who were killing people at the time and they got overlooked. Ho-hum we won the superbowl those 2 years. But saying that the pro bowl is for teams that have won lots of games, come on....thats ridiculous. So is saying that the week that Brady throws for 78 yards gets him booted off the pro bowl team is also not the reason he didn't get picked.

The only reason I have come up with for the lack of respect for one of the greatest runs in NFL history is jealosy. We have what everyone else wants. Team unity. Great owner who is commited to winning. HOF coach and HOF QB. Superbowl rings for everyone from the Janitors on up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down