PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour is a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is saying that the Seymour trade is just normal business like lots of other players that Belichick has gotten rid of. Is Seymour really over the hill like the others?

Seymour will have an opportunity to show what he is worth. In one game, we have seen him transform a bottom 5 defense into an effective defense against a team that some have projected as the Super Bowl winner. While that is BS, the chargers are certainly a playoff team.

The Seymour trade may be worth it for lots of reasons. However, I don't think that one of those reasons is the projected value of Seymour's play. As I have posted in response to andy several times, I trust that Belichick did indeed have his reasons, and I trust Belichick's assessment about what is best for the team.

However, I do not think Seymour's all-pro days are behind him. More than anyone else who has left the patriots in many years, Seymour still has the skills and desire to be a star in this league.

Did we know the others were over the hill at the time? No, of course not. And we don't know all that much now.

Re: seymour is a best

Except for Brady, no one player comes close to being 10% importance for the team winning a Super Bowl.

The guy we lost last night to injury is the closest. Either him or #81. And neither of them do.

Look, it's pretty obvious the angling that is going on here. if the Patriots do what they have done each of the past four years, there are folks here just chomping at the bit to say "It's all because of the Seymour trade".

I'm not sure where you're getting this. If the team never loses a game and never trails from now until the end of the season, it'll still just be a bad trade that was overcome. Just last night, in watching the two games, we saw the kind of impact that Seymour can have. None of the 'replacements' can approach that.

I won't disagree I wasn't sad to see Seymour go as he's a monster and will leave a gaping hole, but I've seen enough over the last 10 years to trust Belichick's and Kraft's judgement on the whole.

Will this impact the 2009 team drastically? Probably. Will it be fatal? I don't know.

The trade severely hurt our pass rush. We can't put pressure on anyone.

We have sacked the opponent 20 times Brady has been sacked 16 times ... we are + in that category.

Why on earth are you digging around old threads to post an oft repeated musing especially when the dead horse is being beaten in other threads?? :eek:

Why on earth are you digging around old threads to post an oft repeated musing especially when the dead horse is being beaten in other threads?? :eek:

Oohh come on, I wanted to have the last word. Just having fun and venting about the trade.

We have sacked the opponent 20 times Brady has been sacked 16 times ... we are + in that category.
Being plus doesn't make it good, firstly the only reason that Brady has only 20 sacks is that he is in the shotgun most of the time so that he can see the pressure coming and get rid of the ball. People are calling O'Brien for too many shotgun plays, but what do you do when your line can't even hold Jags?

And our D line had been hopeless over the last few games, sometimes I wonder how the hell we got 7 wins.

Last edited:

Bumping three month old threads ftw.

I'm not sure where you're getting this. If the team never loses a game and never trails from now until the end of the season, it'll still just be a bad trade that was overcome. Just last night, in watching the two games, we saw the kind of impact that Seymour can have. None of the 'replacements' can approach that.

"Can have" is the operative word, having been one of the biggest Seymour apologists in the past, not quite sure he would have been the answer to our current situation.. to this viewer it is a convergence of forces, and a changing defense..

BB seems to have underestimated the quality of the D, however Seymour may or may not have been a difference maker... there are other forces in play here and a whole bunch of underperformers..

Seems as though we have a bunch of role players, and we lost impact defensive players...

Oohh come on, I wanted to have the last word. Just having fun and venting about the trade.

Hmm...you are certainly having fun because you know pretty well that no way YOU would have the 'last word' on this because it is bound to attract attention from both experienced and newbie posters.

Good for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots