PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour inteview with Marshall Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seymour inteview with faulk

Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps BB did Seymour a FAVOR by calling him so Richard would have every last possible minute to prepare for his move? Did he expect BB to hop in his car and show up on his doorstep unannounced with the "shocking" news? Or send him a telegram? Or summon him to his office in Foxboro so he could be pissed over missing breakfast/lunch/dinner with his children?

I've had enough of this "insensitive BB" nonsense. No doubt Faulk will pile it on.

Did anybody watch the HBO show Hard Knocks on training camp with the Bengals? They showed 'the turk' informing players that they had been waived. As they arrived for camp, he simply told them "you've been waived" as if he was ordering a pizza. They showed some of these players with Marvin Lewis later acting compassionate but this guy was brutal. Hey it's a business after all. Isn't that what a certain player told us??

Last edited:

Are people supposed to feel sympathetic because he was only called to be told that he was traded?

Last edited by a moderator:

Are people supposed to feel sympathetic because he was only called to be told that he was traded?

I know I don't. But not gonna rip him just because he's not a Patriot. He'll get over it when they franchise him and he makes some garanteed cash (or will he be "upset" with the tag ?).

Hmmm....wonder if Faulkie asked the Big Overrated why he hid behind his family as the excuse for not showing up in Oalkland while trying to shake down the Raiders for a no-franchise tag guarantee. Unless of course the Raiders were trying to endear themselves to the B.O. by sending him a 5 day letter and threatening suspension?
But always remember that **** Seymour is a "man". Oh wait, you don't have to remember that **** is a man. **** will constantly remind everyone that he is a man by making such proclaimations to the media.
Perhaps he needs to do this quite often because it's not self-evident. ;)

I respect Seymour as a player and for what he did while in a Pats uniform, but lets not get too upset about his crocodile tears. Wasn't he the one who during a holdout said "it's just business." Now he's been traded to a bad franchise as part of that business.

My personal feeling is that Seymour is upset about the trade for many of the reasons that he has publicly stated, but I think the majority of his anguish is based on the fact that Oakland will likely franchise him if he is unwilling to sign an extension with the Raiders, something the Pats were not going to do because they were holding that card for Wilfork. Seymour's, last big contract is going to be postponed 1 or 2 years, and that last big contract will be smaller because of his age.

Just my $.02.

Seymour thank you for the memories and for contributing to three championships.
But spare me the woe is me act. When you were holding out a few years ago for more money, you said that it was a business...and it is still A BUSINESS.

Last edited:

for some reason i thought you meant kevin, not marshall

Hmmm....wonder if Faulkie asked the Big Overrated why he hid behind his family as the excuse for not showing
I think THIS is a vital question...because apparently that is what he did...If it WAS that..then he should have informed the Raiders of that and IF that has happened..there would have been no drama...Pretty poor excuse..for not handling it better..NOT at all classy..I guess because he was handling his situation with his family HE COULDN'T talk to the Raiders at all..NO multitasking skills...

This is how everyone does it... To do otherwise risks the player learns about his trade from ESPN or some other media outlet while your on the way to his house. This organization can keep a secret, once a trading partner and the league enter the picture they lose any control of the flow of information.

Players like Richard made choices just as this organization does. BB has a spreadsheet that tells him what he can spend on each unit if not position within the framework of his goal of fielding a team with sufficient quality depth. Richard could have played his entire career here, but not at top dollar. Stability is it's own reward but it comes at a price. Don't cry when you weren't willing to pay it. It has nothing to so with respecting or dis-respecting you. It has to do with discipline and committment to organizational goals. That may be hard for someone with 3 rings to grasp, but all they need to know is the fans and ownership and management aren't willing to rest on their laurels just because you got yours. They want to remain contenders for the forseeable future, and ideally well beyond.

Richard had a vision of his career going from Ne to Canton while knocking down top tier contract dollars all the way. That's called a naive pipedream. Reality is you make tough choices and/or sacrifices to achieve any goal.

Just be a man and admit it takes two to tango and you weren't willing to take less than the market wil probably bear to remain here. And just remember the odds of your seeing the end of the next big deal you sign are slim and none...and that won't have anything to do with BB or the NEP. Just ask Lawyer who is now a Seahawk ST'er after a painful stop in Atlanta three years after he got his 4 year big market deal with Buffalo...who will only be visiting Canton if he buys a ticket.

Peter King wrote about Milloy's choice in 2005. He may be dusting that piece off before the 2011 season, if there is one...talking about a guy Lawyer raised to get his.

SI.com - Writers - Peter King's MMQBTE: - Tuesday February 8, 2005 5:58PM

the full intvw is on now

Faulk tried to stir some crap. Seymour, as he's done while with the Pats, responded like a professional and didn't take Faulk's bait.

Best wishes to Richard Seymour and many thanks for his contributions to the Pats.

BOX,

You are an extraordinary resource and it is posters like you who have kept me coming here for the better part of the last decade.
Thank you!

Faulk tried to bait Seymour a couple of times, but he wasn't biting. Didn't really say anything about the Pats or NE. No digs. Basically said the phone call to let him know he was traded wasn't the way he would do it but that is the way it was done. No sarcastic tone that I picked up either. Seemed fine. Good for him. Won back a little respect from me. He doesn't need to throw BB or NE with any platitudes but he was just respectful and moved on.

Exactly... they can make all the cash they want. Good for them. But they shouldn't forget the nature of their work (I know Seymour mentionned it a few times). They need to travel & move when necessary.

I'd rather have my job any day than theirs. But this whole "woe is me" stuff some of them try to pull is a bit much... Notice how none of them ever give up professional football to become "regular job" workers ? So... it must not be THAT bad...

Not to mention that whenever they decide they deserve a raise, they refuse to show up for work, and when someone calls them on it, they say "Well that's just business." Or how a guy has great years with a team but immediately moves to another team that offers him a few more bucks. "Well that's just business." Well it works both ways, guys.

Glad he didn't take the bait...a bit more respect back to him..but did Faulk ask him about that week away..when he wasn't doing anything??

I got the impression his performance/intensity dropped off when he got the big bucks.

As MoLewis rocks pointed out, Seymour could have remained a Patriot if he was willing to compromise. He found out no one is indespensible. He will now find out what it is like to work for a sh!tty organization.

Constantly the eogmaniacs opt for max money over a superior work situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back