PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour - Injury Prone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
I gotta admit - when I saw him lounging around in his Yankee cap while his teammates were preparing for gameday, I got a little pissed!

He was hit by Rodney when he was on the ground in an awkward position.

You are just pissed that he wa wearing a Yankees cap. GET OVER IT. Who gives a sweet **** about baseball ****ies anyway.

Here's what Rodney has to say about this:

rodney3.jpg

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Even Brady, an acknowledged San Fran Giants fan, knows enough to wear a SAWX cap!ADPF

1 - I could care less what baseball hat a player wears.
2 - Before he became a star, Tom Brady always wore a Yankees hat. I saw him in it around Quincy all the time. He also said in interview last year on WEEI that the non football athlete he admires most is Derek Jeter.

Alk said:
Okay, so he's not hurt, he's "injured". Is it safe to say then that Seymour is in fact injury prone? I like the guy, he's one of my favorites but that's exactly what I'm calling him. It seems the past few years it's always something. Chad Pennington gets injured like this on fluke things and everyone calls him injury prone including myself so I think it's fair to say Seymour is in fact injury prone.

A voice of reason!

And I care about the Red Sox...no one else has to, but I do!

If I ever see Richard Seymour wearing a Yankee cap in my presence, I'll walk up to him and knock it off his head!

(If I can reach up that high!)

ADPF

I think Seymour is injury prone to some degree, but I think overall the initial thread is ridiculous and hysterical.

patsox23 said:
I think Seymour is injury prone to some degree, but I think overall the initial thread is ridiculous and hysterical.
I'm wondering if it is due to his build? He is a huge guy but he's very tall so he's alot leaner than your typical 300+ pounder.

patsox23 said:

Hysterical?

I resemble that remark!

Was it the Yankee cap thing?

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
A voice of reason!

And I care about the Red Sox...no one else has to, but I do!

If I ever see Richard Seymour wearing a Yankee cap in my presence, I'll walk up to him and knock it off his head!

(If I can reach up that high!)

ADPF

How do you know if you have serious problems?

ANSWER:

When you refer to Alk as a "voice of reason".

PATSNUTme said:

ANSWER:

I already KNOW I have serious problems, but my therapist told me I needed to find some people as whacked out as me and talk football with them...

So...

That would be...

YOU GUYS!

Brownfan80 said:
His elbow got bent in the wrong direction. Give the guy a break.

That's all we need! :D

PATSNUTme said:

ANSWER:

:rofl: Sorry, Alk ...

I love richard, he is one of my favorites...
but he might be injury prone.

After all, he is often INJURED.

you are welcome for my brilliant analysis.

It's not like saying he is "injury prone" means that he is a bad player... some of you are acting like that.

Last edited:
Keegs said:
I love richard, he is one of my favorites...
but he might be injury prone.

After all, he is often INJURED.

you are welcome for my brilliant analysis.

It's not like saying he is "injury prone" means that he is a bad player... some of you are acting like that.

I don't think injury prone = bad player at all...

It just means the player gets injured every damn year...

And, apologies to the masses, but Richard DOES get injured every year!

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
I know how much Big Sey means to our defense - believe me, I do.

And I know I took a thrashing for questioning this same issue last season.

And I know I recanted.

And I really want to love Seymour and believe he's all about team.

But, here we are again with Seymour.

Injured again.

I have to wonder if he's just a little soft or maybe a LOT self-centered.

NFL players play injured. That's a fact if life!

A little boo-boo on your elbow should not translate into missed games!

Or maybe he feels it is his right to take 3-4-5 games off per year.

I don't know.

Like I say, I want to be a big-time Seymour backer because I know how awesomely talented he is, but sometimes he just does not seem to, as they say, "get it".

Wilfork & Warren play all the same reps Seymour plays, and yet never seem to come up injured.

Seymour - at LEAST once a year, he misses games.

Thank God for Jarvis Green!

Plus, to make matters worse, Big Sey shows up on NEST standing in front of his locker wearing a GAHD-DAMM Yankee cap!

I swear, between the soft constitution and the friggin' NY cap, he's just TRYING to antagonize me!

LOL!

ADPF
WOW, a little soft? This officially makes you the biggest fool on this forum. He is one of the toughest lineman in the game, believe me I'm sure you'd be feeling like **** physically after being double and even triple teamed all game. Then we'd get to see your toughness :)

If Ty Warren was being triple teamed I am sure he'd be just as often injured as Seymour. So please...shut up.

Last edited:
I don't think Richard is soft one bit, and anyone who says that is a jerk.
How can you say that about him? He is constantly doubleteamed, can play 2 different positions, and dominates.

But an injury is an injury, and he gets many of them.
It should not be looked at as an insult

but you could say that he is injury prone...
i wish he wasn't or that we didn't even have to discuss this, a healthy seymour all the time would rock.

Kdo5 said:
WOW, a little soft? This officially makes you the biggest fool on this forum. He is one of the toughest lineman in the game, believe me I'm sure you'd be feeling like **** physically after being double and even triple teamed all game. Then we'd get to see your toughness :)

If Ty Warren was being triple teamed I am sure he'd be just as often injured as Seymour. So please...shut up.

way to go .. Kdo5 :rocker:

Some players might indeed be injury-prone, being always at the point of attack, always double- or triple-teamed, always making plays, always being exposed to cutback blocks from O-linemen or unexpected hits from their own lbs or safeties launching into piles after they have made the initial stop...

On the other hand, some messageboard posters are clearly stupid-prone, being always at the bottom of some pointless rant, always offering up their own ignorant and half-formed thoughts, always calling out players for taking plays off which they haven't bothered reviewing on tape, or accusing players of failing to do something they were not assigned to do, or just generally acting like the fool...not sure what to do about that, either. Suggestions?

Last edited:
What's the big deal? Richard has been injured a couple of times, so he is injury prone. It's not as if we are associating injury prone with bad player. I don't mind one bit that he's injured every year because every time that he's on the field he commands attention and his presence is formidable.

So, recap:

{
injury prone = injured often;
injury prone != bad player;
Richard Seymour = injury prone;
}

kolbitr said:
Some players might indeed be injury-prone, being always at the point of attack, always double- or triple-teamed, always making plays, always being exposed to cutback blocks from O-linemen or unexpected hits from their own lbs or safeties launching into piles after they have made the initial stop...

On the other hand, some messageboard posters are clearly stupid-prone, being always at the bottom of some pointless rant, always offering up their own ignorant and half-formed thoughts, always calling out players for taking plays off which they haven't bothered reviewing on tape, or accusing players of failing to do something they were not assigned to do, or just generally acting like the fool...not sure what to do about that, either. Suggestions?

I think the prevalence of stupid prone posters might be indicative of some brain damage in which case they might also be injury prone.

But I'm not a doctor.......

RICHARD SEYMOUR CAN BE CONSIDERED "INJURY PRONE"

SOME OF YOU NEED TO LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT.

WHY IS IT SO OFFENSIVE TO SOME OF YOU?

:confused:

Keegs said:
RICHARD SEYMOUR CAN BE CONSIDERED "INJURY PRONE"

SOME OF YOU NEED TO LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT.

WHY IS IT SO OFFENSIVE TO SOME OF YOU?

:confused:
CAPs lock Keegies.

Who's your boy on the Pats? Brady? Maroney? Bruschi? Harrison? Dillon?

Every single player on this team is injury prone, idiot.

Brady has been considered hurt just about every game over the last two seasons.

Dillon was hurt multiple times last year and is struggling with some little nagging shoulder problems this year.

Caldwell has been injured before. Chad Jackson has been injured.

Matt Light has gone on IR, so has Dan Koppen. Kazcur is hurt, Neal is a little banged up.

Rodney went on IR, Bruschi broke his wrist and also got injured a few times last year during his return, Asante has been injured, Wilson has been hurt this year, Colvin was on IR in 2003, Seau has been injured no doubt, Hobbs is injured and broke his wrist or hand this year.

So Keegs, do you get it now? Every player on this football team is injury prone. Seymour plays the toughest position on defense. He is being beat up by 3 blockers at once and is still a beast and he helps make Warren look good. I'm just glad we have the damn guy. I'd rather have a sometimes injured top defensive lineman in the NFL then having a healthy D-Line with no pass rush and no stopping the run. k?

Oh and Armen, that was a hilariously dumb comment about him being self centered. He is one of the leaders and team players on this team. Many all pro D-Lineman would be aggrivated and angry about not getting stats if they were in a guy like Seymour's position on the field. He never complains and without him as we saw last year...on many occasions we can be screwed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back