2006 Patriots Richard Seymour DT $24.7 million
2005 Falcons Michael Vick QB $23.1 million
2004 Colts Peyton Manning QB $35 million
2003 Bears Brian Urlacher LB $15.1 million
2002 Giants Michael Strahan DE $20.6 million
2001 Broncos Brian Griese QB $15.2 million
2000 Patriots Drew Bledsoe QB $8.5 million

To quote the great Tuna: "I think I just threw-up in my mouth"

I think Big Richard should give Bob Kraft some of his money back.........

Last edited by a moderator:
2007 Colts Dwight Freeney DE $30.8 million
2006 Patriots Richard Seymour DT $24.7 million
2005 Falcons Michael Vick QB $23.1 million
2004 Colts Peyton Manning QB $35 million
2003 Bears Brian Urlacher LB $15.1 million
2002 Giants Michael Strahan DE $20.6 million
2001 Broncos Brian Griese QB $15.2 million
2000 Patriots Drew Bledsoe QB $8.5 million

I think Big Richard should give Bob Kraft some of his money back.........

Why? Is Mr. Kraft going to give Seymour a brand new knee?

Seymour is a great player, but i think he needs a passing rushing LB to compliment him. hopefully that will be coming througout the course of the season

Seymour is a great player, but i think he needs a passing rushing LB to compliment him. hopefully that will be coming througout the course of the season

Isn't that supposed to be AD?

And why should Seymour give his money back? Because Jake Long is already a damn good offensive lineman?

You guys are right! Why should we call out Seymour? He's hurt, and since he hasen't played worth his contract in years, we might as well just ignore that fact, and talk about how great he looks a few snaps per year. Man two games ago Sey looked great on like four snaps! He really wore those rookies out a few times!

I know that at my job the bosses make excuses for all their underperforming, highly-compensated, employees. That's how you make money and run a successful business I tell ya!

Last edited:
Wow, I have actually never seen those numbers before. It's amazing to see non-QBs make that much money. It'd be interesting to see career earnings kind of numbers, though, as I would think that linemen typically sign much shorter contracts, but maybe I'm wrong? Is there anyone on this board who knows more about this stuff?

I have no problem with that, the guy was the best d lineman in the league from 01-05 and he's been solid not elite 06-present, get off his back

Wow, I have actually never seen those numbers before. It's amazing to see non-QBs make that much money. It'd be interesting to see career earnings kind of numbers, though, as I would think that linemen typically sign much shorter contracts, but maybe I'm wrong? Is there anyone on this board who knows more about this stuff?

Keep in mind what those numbers are, though--it's the actual cash paid out that year to the player. So, instead of averaging out signing bonuses in the way cap figures do, it's counting it all out the year it was paid.

OTOH, to play Devil's advocate, why didn't the OP mention this two weeks ago, or last week? If he's overpaid now, surely he was overpaid back then. . . .

Keep in mind what those numbers are, though--it's the actual cash paid out that year to the player. So, instead of averaging out signing bonuses in the way cap figures do, it's counting it all out the year it was paid.

OTOH, to play Devil's advocate, why didn't the OP mention this two weeks ago, or last week? If he's overpaid now, surely he was overpaid back then. . . .

Because he's a douche bag that I have on ignore and you should too.

I wonder how many people criticized the Pats for signing Seymour to his extension. What ever happened to "In Bill, we trust"???

I wonder how many people criticized the Pats for signing Seymour to his extension. What ever happened to "In Bill, we trust"???

It turned into, "Jump Ship, these guys had the balls to lose a regular season game!"

You guys are right! Why should we call out Seymour? He's hurt, and since he hasen't played worth his contract in years, we might as well just ignore that fact, and talk about how great he looks a few snaps per year. Man two games ago Sey looked great on like four snaps! He really wore those rookies out a few times!

I know that at my job the bosses make excuses for all their underperforming, highly-compensated, employees. That's how you make money and run a successful business I tell ya!

I'm guessing you work for the government.

I remember a lot of people criticizing the Patriots for not doing it sooner.

I guess 16-0 makes anything-1 doomsday, huh?

Lets leave AIG out of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing