PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour helped push Warren to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour is getting too much credit for "recruiting" Warren for NE. It isn't as if Warren had a lot of teams to choose from -- and Seymour intervened to tip the scale.

Seymour is getting too much credit for "recruiting" Warren for NE. It isn't as if Warren had a lot of teams to choose from -- and Seymour intervened to tip the scale.

Agreed. If you read the article, it talks of a brief conversation they had in the beginning to middle of last year. That was likely 7-8 months ago, and I doubt it had all that much to do with his potential signing in April of 2010.

According to Ian Rappoport, and to Warren himself, there were other teams in the mix, although the number was likely small.

I like you, try to be objective regarding various issues, because every issue's different.

Rest assured, deuche is far from objective, he's simply a contrarian. I also find it funny how he ALWAYS resorts to the "you're all homers" angle every single time anyone disagrees with him. He clutters the board, I can hardly find a single thread without him going off on tangents with someone. I've disagreed with you in other threads but you've always supported your opinion and argued the topic which I respect. Just don't believe Deuche's self proclaimed objectivity. He goes off on tangents and nitpicks quotes just to continue his argumentative ways.

Rest assured, deuche is far from objective, he's simply a contrarian. I also find it funny how he ALWAYS resorts to the "you're all homers" angle every single time anyone disagrees with him. He clutters the board, I can hardly find a single thread without him going off on tangents with someone. I've disagreed with you in other threads but you've always supported your opinion and argued the topic which I respect. Just don't believe Deuche's self proclaimed objectivity. He goes off on tangents and nitpicks quotes just to continue his argumentative ways.

I think if you are here long enough, or you post often enough, you'll likely encounter disagreements with posters. It's a shame that it has to be that way, because I really try to be respectful and open to criticism. I try to remember that we're all on the same team, and most are here for fun and to relax and talk football. The funny thing is that when it happens, I say to myself "I've learned something this time, and I'll never let that happen again."

There's not a single person here who I don't respect, or appreciate in the upmost form. I have learned an immense bit of information, and hope that I can grow and contribute to a great forum that's full of what I'd like to consider friends.

The fact that Warren was the #3 pick in the draft 10 years ago has no relevance whatsoever now.

Warren's not taking up a roster spot until he earns it.

The fact that he's had a lot of playing time over the years means something. If he's as bad a some here have suggested, he'd have been out the the league long ago.

As others have said here, this signing is about competition and depth (especially for a team that rotates DLs the way NE does). Not much downside because if he's not better that others on the team, he'll be cut.

Last edited:
1.)

4.) He's now coming to a system that highlights his biggest weaknesses.

He's not being asked to come in here and play "a system".

Belichick brought him in to play a role - a role that Belichick thinks he can play.

Belichick wouldn't pick a role for him that is his weakness.

No one should look at him as the 3rd pick in the draft. He's a role player only.

(If Jarvis Green were taken 3rd overall, do you think people would be satisfied with his play to this point in his season?)

No one should look at him as the 3rd pick in the draft.

Very much agreed. People seriously overrate and get seriously hung up on draft position. A player is a player is a player and what that player does often has little to no bearing on where he is drafted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey