Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sexual Discrimination-----?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +821 / 2 / -9

Isn't this move "Segregation Discrimination"

transsexuals
    Italy is about to open its first prison designed to cater exclusively to transsexual inmates.

By Nick Squires in Rome
    Published: 12:15PM GMT 28 Jan 2010

Guards will undertake special training in how to treat transgender prisoners when the prison block opens near Empoli, in Tuscany, in March.

Campaigners welcomed the initiative, the first of its kind, because they said transsexual prisoners face discrimination in Italy's mainstream prisons and are rejected by both male and female inmates. They often have to be segregated for their own safety.

Is God Getting Another Flood Ready
    Italy opens first prison for transsexuals - Telegraph

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And then you have Obama appointing transsexuals to his cabinet positions et al, and mainstream "evangelicals" like Rick Warren PRAISING him for it.

What the heck is this world coming too??:eek:

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +821 / 2 / -9

Another Flood must be on the way........

:bricks:

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

Was not aware that there were enough Transgendered Criminals to warrant the opening of a prison... is there a transgender crime wave in Italy???

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 13 / -5

#24 Jersey

Trandgendered people have always been a problem in many areas. Even in the hospital it posed questions. Do you room them with a male or a female? Neither gender was comfortable with the idea. A female patient did not want to share a room with an outward appearing female who had different genitalia - and a male patient was uncomfortable sharing a room with an outwardly appearing female who shared his genitalia. The same goes for cosmetically appearing males who have female sex organs.

I can only imagine the confusion it must cause in a prison setting.

That being said, I don't know if they warrant thier own prison - but I'm sure they definately need segregating from the general population. Being housed seperately is not discrimination if it's for your own protection, is it?

6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

I actually had to deal with this situation once, a transgender criminal alien, was in male prison. It was a he half-way to being a she (top done, bottom still with the original equipment), and he/she complained to me that they put him/her in solitary. He/she was complaining that he/she wanted to be in general population. Luckily it was a decision that I did not have to make. The person was non-violent, he/she was in jail for hanging paper, but kinda got the short end by having to be in isolation for FIVE YEARS (which can make you seriously go nuts). But I really can't see any other way to handle it. I guess if you have enough of them, putting them together in one spot would solve many headaches.

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,373 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

It's got to be rough being a transgender person ... society so caught up in sexuality. Many people will say they don't care what goes on in a persons' sex life .... but they do.

I have come to know a few trans gender people in my life in my younger days when all that stuff was a huge mystery.. Admittedly it was a bit different at first - as were many things when I first started college. I tried real hard to act normal which was noted - we had a good laugh and I was better for the experience. Growing up on the poor side of the tracks in the 60's and 70's ... you didn't dare deviate from what you were supposed to be - that was dangerous.

I think we are wired to be careful of different. Like anything else, the more exposure one has to it the more normal it becomes. Take away our sexuality and we're all basically the same ... we just like to think we are all different.

In any case ... this is a great article on sexual infidelity
    ... which is somewhat related. Kind of off the track but a great read.

Sexual Infidelity: Nature or Nurture? - Newsweek.com