PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seward versus Bobby Carpenter - Who would you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming both were available for a 5th. It is a tough call, I think Carpenter has more upside but Seward just seems like a blue collar guy who can get the job done.

BC for me....

I'll throw my name in the hat for Seward. Blue collar guys seem to excel in our defense.

Considering that BC wouldn't be available for a 5th, maybe a 2nd or 3rd, its kind of an unfair question.

Bobby Carpenter for a 5th? Impossible. I'd probably give a 2nd, certainly a 3rd, for him.

Fans in Dallas are really down on Carpenter. He's way down the depth chart, and it doesn't look like he's surfacing behind Ayodele, James and Burnett. The only reason they would refuse to dump him for a 5th is out of sheer embarassment, because by doing so JJ would admit to having drafted a bust. He also wouldn't want to run the risk of BB rehabilitating Carpenter, which would add to the embarassment.

I like Carpenter and it's a shame politics would get involved and prevent that deal from happening. A 5th is a good deal for a bench player.

BTW, I just noticed that Bryant McFadden cb, Steelers is an UFA next season. That is an interesting future option.

Take it for what it's worth but Vikings LG Steve Hutchinson told Vikings play by play guy Paul Allen that Bobby Carpenter "runs away from contact" more than any other LB he has faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes