PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Several well known football executives and agent on the Cassel/Brady decisions in '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Several well known football executives and agent on the Cassel/Brady decisions in

Thank goodness we don't have any other impact players with their contracts up after this season. This is going to be an interesting offseason.
Yeah, no-one major. James Sanders, Mike Wright, Deltha O'Neal, Lewis Sanders are the biggest UFA names we have. With a #1, two #2s and two #3s (we'll get one for Samuel) plus almost a certain F&T with Cassel we'll be loaded going into this draft.

Re: Several well known football executives and agent on the Cassel/Brady decisions in

It'll move up and down, we'll probably release some players that will create room or re-do deals. The point is, we aren't $1M below with no way to fit the $14M temporarily. We can, and will, Franchise him - I will be forever stunned and disappointed if we don't.

Me and Belli-chick fan always agree!:D

He got my back:rocker:

I agree with that one guy that said when Cassel is gone and thats a definate then I think the team turns EARLY in the offseason for a backup like a Kerry Collins type if there are any available

I don't even think the organization will have any idea of what Brady's knee will cause him in performance if there any problems at all in the spring, so early in the offseason so its a no brainer that you look for a vet,At least sign one till the franchise comes back

I don't want to see Kevin O'Connell and Matt Gutierrez as the only QBs besides Brady next season by the time TC comes around.

Right, because the opinion that BB was a moron to rely on Cassel as the backup was so accurate.

Cassel is gone.....get a comp pick '10.....

Cassel is gone.....get a comp pick '10.....
Not enough value there plus the comp pick disappears if we sign several FA ourselves. He'll be Franchised.

Right, because the opinion that BB was a moron to rely on Cassel as the backup was so accurate.

Boy, think how we'd be doing with O'Connell in! He was drafted higher!

Face it. Cassel excelling just proves once and for all that he and Brady were both system quarterbacks from day one. Also Belichick is nothing without Brady (or now, Cassel.) Also, anybody can throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs if he's got Randy Moss. And Randy Moss isn't even that good, except he's lucky enough that they put him in with Tom Brady (and Matt Cassel.)

Anybody who's on the bench is automatically better than anybody who's starting, and any veteran not currently playing for the Pats is a better plug in for any Patriots starter who has a bad game.

What do we need a flowchart or something? Jeez.

PFnV

Boy, think how we'd be doing with O'Connell in! He was drafted higher!

Face it. Cassel excelling just proves once and for all that he and Brady were both system quarterbacks from day one. Also Belichick is nothing without Brady (or now, Cassel.) Also, anybody can throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs if he's got Randy Moss. And Randy Moss isn't even that good, except he's lucky enough that they put him in with Tom Brady (and Matt Cassel.)

Anybody who's on the bench is automatically better than anybody who's starting, and any veteran not currently playing for the Pats is a better plug in for any Patriots starter who has a bad game.

What do we need a flowchart or something? Jeez.

PFnV

I think you nailed it.

Not much reason for a forum anymore, is there?

Well if you like O'Connell to start the season more power to you,99% of the rest of us want a veteran to hold down the fort until Brady returns if he can't make it in time for week 1

The same 99% that wanted Cassel gone? :rolleyes:

The stupidity of some of those people amaze me.

In the NFL, QBs go down left and right. Give me a player like Brady any time who has commanded the pocket well in 7 years of play. Only twice in those seven years has he taken a severe hit to the legs.

Other QBs around the league are much more injury prone.

If you go with Matt Cassell over the long haul, nothing will guarantee you that he will have the durability that Brady has had.

That's why people like Armey who worry about Brady's ability to stay healthy having hurt his knee once are being silly.

I say find a way trade Cassel now when his stock is high. If they trade Brady, they would be dumb. Your not going to get full value for Brady right now, where as Cassel's stock is at its highest point(presuming he finishes well). I honestly think, given the chance, O'Connel or Gutierrez could give you what Cassel is giving you considering the talent around him. Cassel is not carrying this team the way Brady carries them. If Cassel didnt have Moss, then we'd be seeing a different QB. Brady has shown he can win with no talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back