PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Several media members give the Pats mad props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I heard a couple of national media members giving the Pats high marks and I thought I would pass them along:

- Matt Williamson of ESPN said on his podcast that he thinks the Pats will have the best offense in the league this year. He thinks the Pats will win the divsion again rather handily.

- JT the Brick (ok, not exactly the guy you want to hang your hat on) was on Bubba the Love Sponge Show (ok, not exactly a place you want to go for intelligent sports talk) and he said that he thinks the Pats are the best team in the AFC.

Take them for what they are worth. These guys opinions are probably no better or worse than anyone else. But I figured I would just pass them along.

What exactly is a "mad prop"?

What exactly is a "mad prop"?

I figured I would go old school. It means big compliments. But here is the definition from the Urban Dictionary:

Used when someone does something that is appreciated or respected. It as an alternative to thank you

noun. the highest compliment one can receive.

A 'hip' expression of appreciation.

Urban Dictionary: mad props

The question is, just how old is Rob0729? :lol2:

Just kidding.

Too old to using terms like mad props. Saturday night, just got in from the night at the local watering hole.

I figured I would go old school. It means big compliments. But here is the definition from the Urban Dictionary:

Used when someone does something that is appreciated or respected. It as an alternative to thank you

noun. the highest compliment one can receive.

A 'hip' expression of appreciation.

Urban Dictionary: mad props

It is not an alternative to thank you, although it can be used in some circumstances that warrant big thanks.

props -> propers -> proper respect.

It is not an alternative to thank you, although it can be used in some circumstances that warrant big thanks.

props -> propers -> proper respect.

Just taking what the urban dictionary has. Your definition is what I thought it was.

Kind of funny that any time a reporter says something bad about the Patriots, we get 100 posts lambasting the entire media enterprise. But when multiple reporters say glowing things about the Patriots, we get a handful of posts making fun of the phrase "mad props." :)

Finally. I've been dying to know what JT the Brick would say on his much anticipated visit to the Bubba the Love Sponge Show. Next week JT the Brick will be visiting the Sponge Bob Squarepants Show.

"Mad props" to the brethren here for not going overboard about the mad props that are no doubt about to be continuously slung this team's way. Because there is no doubt this team is for real. Week 2 cant come soon enough.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC04630LG.jpg

Finally. I've been dying to know what JT the Brick would say on his much anticipated visit to the Bubba the Love Sponge Show. Next week JT the Brick will be visiting the Sponge Bob Squarepants Show.

If he is a brick, he won't move much under water ;)

I do agree about the offense. I was a big believer in these TE's before camp ever started. Brady is going to have weapons/options in the passing game he's never had before. Scary! Too many unknows with the D to call them the best team in the AFC. Right now I think that title belongs to the Ravens. Do like the Pats to win the division and always have.

If the D develops ( Brace,Cunningham,Spikes,McCourty), they could have a tough team to beat. The Offense should be fine as long as the OL doesn't get dinged up.

When are first cuts due? BB might grab an OL off final cut lists...

If he is a brick, he won't move much under water

I think his brain is made of brick, at least thats the impression I get from the few times Ive listened to him.

I think a lot of people, including some Pats fans are going to be surprised with this years team. A lot of fans of other teams are writing the Pats off and saying the end of the dynasty was last years playoff game. I think we're almost reloaded for part 2 of the Brady years. With 2 numbers 1's next year we load up even more.

I think his brain is made of brick, at least thats the impression I get from the few times Ive listened to him.

I think a lot of people, including some Pats fans are going to be surprised with this years team. A lot of fans of other teams are writing the Pats off and saying the end of the dynasty was last years playoff game. I think we're almost reloaded for part 2 of the Brady years. With 2 numbers 1's next year we load up even more.

I find JT more listen-able and entertaining than ANY of the Boston radio personnel with the exception of Damon A.

I'm surprised to hear that syndicated sports types would be so high on the Patriots. I'd expect those shows to focus on big attention getting teams like Baltimore and the Jets. Guess word is getting out on Chung, Spikes and Hernandez and people are seeing that there is some serious young talent on this team.

What I think is happening is that NE looks really good in the preseason and the Jets and Ravens haven't looked so good. It'll come in waves. If NE looks terrible in the next two preseason games, they'll all go back to talking about how the window has closed and NE is no longer a top-tier team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes