PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seventh Round WR Jeremy Ebert signed to 4 Year, $2.1mil deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seventh Round Pick Ebert signed to 4 Year, $2.1mil deal

thumbnail.aspx

I read Ebner in the first moment and was stoked...I'm much more intrigued by him, than Ebert.

thats very high for a 7th rd. pick

So, now that he's signed ... do we trade him?

thats very high for a 7th rd. pick

Wow. Just for comparison, Aaron Hernandez went at 113 in the 4th round in 2011 and got 2.378M over 4 years. Ebert's deal sounds more like a late 4th/5th round kind of deal.

Wow. Just for comparison, Aaron Hernandez went at 113 in the 4th round in 2011 and got 2.378M over 4 years. Ebert's deal sounds more like a late 4th/5th round kind of deal.

Still shake my head every time I see how low AH was picked. Probably a lot of people in the NFL do too.

Still shake my head every time I see how low AH was picked. Probably a lot of people in the NFL do too.

....and those geniuses in New Jersey moved up 10 spots to get ahead of the pats...and picked.........wait a minute............Joe...."if I'm not jukin',I must be pukin'".......McKnight!:eek:

You cannot make this stuff up(lol).

back loaded contract.

I don't know why, but I REALLY like this pick. I just have a feeling that Ebert is gonna be a really productive NFL player one day. Love the speed, excellent hands, I know every white guy who plays the slot will be compared to Welker, especially guys who wind up on the Pats, but there is something about this guy that screams warrior, and possibly a very Welker like player. If he works hard enough to justify his contract, he could be a productive slot or deep threat for the Pats. If he can be a warrior on the special teams, it wouldn't shock me if he makes the team. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling Ebert is more than a throw a dart at the board and see who's there. The Pats scouted up this guy.

Interesting numbers for a Seventh Round pick at a position that is pretty stacked, no? Aren't those guys usually one year deals?

No.

Every rookie drafted in the BB era has gotten at least a four-year deal, with the odd exception of sixth-round pick Justin Rogers in 2007, who signed a three-year deal.

Moreover, the new CBA mandates that all rookies get an initial four-year deal.

Wow. Surprising money for a seventh rounder.

The four years is fairly irrelevant. All that matters right now is the $48K bonus. I assume that's pretty slotted.

And I assume that he doesn't beat out Stallworth, Gonzalez, Ochojohnson, Gaffney, Edelman, and Slater. So the Pats will probably eat that, and hope to sign him to PS. If he beats them out, they have a very cheap alternative slot guy.

I don't know why, but I REALLY like this pick. I just have a feeling that Ebert is gonna be a really productive NFL player one day. Love the speed, excellent hands, I know every white guy who plays the slot will be compared to Welker, especially guys who wind up on the Pats, but there is something about this guy that screams warrior, and possibly a very Welker like player. If he works hard enough to justify his contract, he could be a productive slot or deep threat for the Pats. If he can be a warrior on the special teams, it wouldn't shock me if he makes the team. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling Ebert is more than a throw a dart at the board and see who's there. The Pats scouted up this guy.

He's a Welker like player who has the height and speed to play outside and be a Mike Wallace type player if you want him to be...Welker can sometimes be a little restricted as a split end because he lacks great speed and height. I think Ebert came in at 5'11'' but a tall 5'11''. Obviously not elite height but it doesn't matter so much if you ahve the speed.

He'll make the roster...he's a better athlete than Edelman, has STs factor and is a better WR than Edelman.

Wow. Surprising money for a seventh rounder.

No, it isn't. It's only 90K above the minimum salaries on a 4 year deal.

League Minimums:
Rookie - 390K
1year - 465K
2 year - 540K
3 year- 615K
4 - 6 year- 700K
7-9 - 825K
10+ - 925K

So, Ebert got the league minimums and a 90K worth of bonuses..

....and those geniuses in New Jersey moved up 10 spots to get ahead of the pats...and picked.........wait a minute............Joe...."if I'm not jukin',I must be pukin'".......McKnight!:eek:

You cannot make this stuff up(lol).

This is kind of OT, but it's just too good to pass up:

Joe McKnight: McDonald's reason I gained 16 pounds

New York Jets running back Joe McKnight's introduction to the NFL was not a pretty one. He threw up and cramped up throughout his rookie minicamp in 2010. It didn't get much better when he failed the team's conditioning test at training camp later that summer and was the subject of a lot of grousing by Jets coaches during that season's edition of HBO's "Hard Knocks".

It appeared that McKnight matured in his second season. He certainly was a bigger factor on the field -- especially kick returns. Now McKnight is simply just bigger.

McKnight told the New York Daily News he gained 16 pounds this offseason by eating a "lot of McDonald's." The Super Size Me diet apparently doesn't work well for NFL players. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of time I was eating bad. I wasn't eating all the right stuff. ... Like Tim Tebow," McKnight said.

It's nice to see that Tebow is already providing a nutritional beacon of hope for guys like McKnight. Meanwhile, the Jets might want to think about getting more running back depth behind Shonn Greene.

Joe McKnight: McDonald's reason I gained 16 pounds - NFL.com

:bricks:

This is kind of OT, but it's just too good to pass up:

Joe McKnight: McDonald's reason I gained 16 pounds - NFL.com

McKnight told the New York Daily News he gained 16 pounds this offseason by eating a "lot of McDonald's." The Super Size Me diet apparently doesn't work well for NFL players. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of time I was eating bad. I wasn't eating all the right stuff. ... Like Tim Tebow," McKnight said.
:bricks:

McKnight was eating Tim Tebow?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing