PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seven days 'til Draft Day . . . how do you feel?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do you feel about the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know there's been a fair amount of discussion about the draft, but I'm just curious how people feel about the draft.

Personally, I often can't watch (I work some weekends), but I see it as Christmas in April. :)

nervous..if a TE is there..im nervous

An oasis in the otherwise desert-like offseason.

I've felt the sameway every year since I listened to the draft on a little transister radio back in 1978 excited, like its Chistmas. But I have to say ever since Biolie stared drafting its not as much fun. Because they always seem to make moves, or take players that leave me scratching my head until later when most of the time they pan out.

Last edited:
My favorite thing about BB drafts used to be the humerous aspects of the reaction of the get-a-life draftniks going postal over his selections. I know a couple Patriots Mail List draftniks who literally quit being Pats fans after the 2000* and 2001 drafts. Others were sour until he started racking up Lombardis.

I wonder how many TEs he'll pick next week?

* His 1st pick was a 2nd round choice whose name shall not be mentioned.

It's Christmas AND my birthday in april. ;)

All atwitter. Draft weekend is my favorite time of the year. I

begin looking forward to next year as soon as the draft is concluded.

My favorite thing about BB drafts used to be the humerous aspects of the reaction of the get-a-life draftniks going postal over his selections. I know a couple Patriots Mail List draftniks who literally quit being Pats fans after the 2000* and 2001 drafts. Others were sour until he started racking up Lombardis.

Adrian Klemm????

I spend a lot of time and some money on the draft. But, I understand that no matter how much time and money I spend on it, I know 10% of what the Patriots do and should know about players.

Yes, the some draftniks forget this and go nuts over choices. A little knowledge is dangerous.

But on the other hand, I don't understand how anyone can be a football fan and not be very interested in the draft.

With my hands.:cool:

Seriously I thoroughly enjoy the draft, though I don't spend near enough time preparing for it.

So, considering our needs this year, whats everyone think about bringing the Tuna back so we can pick up some linebackers!;)

Come to think of it -- the unnamed was a former TE, wasn't he? :D

As a child, Christmas and birthdays are the best days of the year, as a football junkie, draft day is both days wrapped in one. Unfortunately I have to work, but thank goodness for DVR's !! Typically I wake up at 7am because I can't sleep on draft days, go out for breakfast around 9am, get back by 10, get my draft guides together, put on my Bruschi jersey and Pats hat (may get a draft one, they look nice), and watch all the pre-draft hoopla on ESPN. Then I try to watch all of day one, and some of day two. Since I am now single again, I can catch most of it. I am excited and nervous about next Saturday. I think if we wind up with a top LB anda top CB/S in the first round, we will be very tough to beat next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a little bored waiting for the Pats to pick...usually in the late part of the round. This year, I am looking forward to some trades and exciting nuances.
It is not far from where I live so I could go...but feel like it is a waste of time to spend the day.

I'm curious, if you guys lived close by and had the chance to go...would you do it or watch from the comfort of your homes?

I get a little bored waiting for the Pats to pick...usually in the late part of the round. This year, I am looking forward to some trades and exciting nuances.
It is not far from where I live so I could go...but feel like it is a waste of time to spend the day.

I'm curious, if you guys lived close by and had the chance to go...would you do it or watch from the comfort of your homes?

I live in NYC and don't go. I rather sit on my couch and watch. Then again I'm not 20 anymore, so I'm quite lazy (at 44) lol. I went in 1982, it was quite exciting, I met Joel Buchsbaum, the former Pro Football Weekly draft guru, he was awesome, may he RIP. It has become quite huge since 1982, I don't know how easy it is to get in. I walked past where it's going to be last night, and had butterflies, lol.

Its Like Christmas In April!!!!!111222@@1!21!

I used to spend a lot of time getting information from here and other sources.

I've almost ignored it this year, yet feel like I likely have as good an idea who the Pats will pick as if I'd studied it for a month.

None.

That should tell you something.

Is there going to be some time before the draft for non-draftniks and draftniks alike to go over draft possibilities on the main board?

Watch BB take a tight end and WR in the 1st and then watch all the linebacker nuts go postal. So predictably unpredictable is the Patriots draft. :)

Seriously I thoroughly enjoy the draft, though I don't spend near enough time preparing for it.

So, considering our needs this year, whats everyone think about bringing the Tuna back so we can pick up some linebackers!;)

Heresy! You don't want to blowup those "we never get our linebackers from the draft" theories by mentioning the three Parcell's picks we rode for about 10 years, (give or take - T.J.'s injuries).

BB may not draft linebackers but he's won 3 superbowls without doing so.

Tuna may be good at drafting linebackers, but he's never won a superbowl without BB as his wingman.

You tell me who's method works better? ;)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back