PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Setting the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I agree on all these players w/McShay.

If we make the pick at #28 I am hoping for David Harris, he is a perfect fit for us. Hughes would be a solid choice in the 3rd and a nice fit.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider

Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.
Setting the board
NFL teams are breaking draft meetings and putting the finishing touches on their draft boards. According to the fallout, here's a look at some of the players I project to be over-drafted and under-drafted next weekend.
Five prospects bound to be over-drafted

QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame:

RB Antonio Pittman, Ohio State:

RB Chris Henry, Arizona:

DT Tank Tyler, N.C. State:

PK Mason Crosby, Colorado:

Five prospects bound to be under-drafted

WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU:

DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue:

WR Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State:

ILB David Harris, Michigan: Harris did not emerge as a starter until his junior season in 2005, which helps explain why he has been such a late-riser in the draft process. He lacks ideal fluidity and still has room to improve in terms of his coverage skills. However, Harris is an instinctive defender with an underrated combination of size, strength, toughness and straight-line speed. This year's inside linebacker class is short on depth, which helps Harris' cause. He's the second-best prospect at the position after Ole Miss' Patrick Willis, and it won't surprise me a bit to hear him compared to DeMeco Ryans (Texans) during the 2007 NFL season.
CB Daymeion Hughes, Cal: There's no denying that Hughes' 40 times at the combine (high 4.6s, low 4.7s) were atrocious. However, he improved his times at Cal's pro day, and his straight-line speed can be masked if he is used properly at the next level. For a team employing a scheme heavy in Cover 2, Hughes could be a steal in the third or fourth round, where he's currently projected. He is aggressive versus the run and is a natural playmaker who notched 13 interceptions during his last two seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to be the police again, but what you are doing is against all copyright laws. You are allowed to cite up to 10% of a story (which you didn't do, you cut and pasted an entire article), as long as you cite the source, and provide a link (which you did do). Compounding this, you provided premium content to people have not paid for this service. Disney, which is the parent company of espn.com, is very avid about enforcing these copyrights so would you please edit your post. Thanks.

I hate to be the police again, but what you are doing is against all copyright laws. You are allowed to cite up to 10% of a story (which you didn't do, you cut and pasted an entire article), as long as you cite the source, and provide a link (which you did do). Compounding this, you provided premium content to people have not paid for this service. Disney, which is the parent company of espn.com, is very avid about enforcing these copyrights so would you please edit your post. Thanks.

That was not the entire article, the entire piece started with a story on how bad Bucs want Calvin Johnson. Then it goes on to rank Scouts top 32, this is the middle of the story.

That was not the entire article, the entire piece started with a story on how bad Bucs want Calvin Johnson. Then it goes on to rank Scouts top 32, this is the middle of the story.

Oh, sorry. It was just the entire middle that you stole. My Bad.

Per Ian's policy on copyrighted materials (especially paid stuff), I've snipped out the descriptions except for the 2 players the original poster specifically mentioned. No offense intended, just trying to keep the site out of ESPN's crosshairs.

Per Ian's policy on copyrighted materials (especially paid stuff), I've snipped out the descriptions except for the 2 players the original poster specifically mentioned. No offense intended, just trying to keep the site out of ESPN's crosshairs.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey