Welcome to PatsFans.com

Serves them right

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I suppose it serves all those idiots who donated to the SuperPacs right that some of those SuperPacs were perfect for self-serving opportunists. I've seen articles that also say that SuperPacs were useful vehicles for money laundering. Can't wait until there's evidence of that. If we are to continue in an era where "corporations are people," as Romney and many of his supporters believe, then we need to have far better regulations.

Post-Campaign Super-PAC Cash Still Flowing to Consultants - Bloomberg

More than five months after Newt Gingrich dropped out of the Republican presidential primary, the founder of the super-political action committee backing him was still drawing a check.

In fact, almost half of the $480,000 Rebecca Burkett paid herself as founder of Winning Our Future came after the former House speaker quit the race.

Revolution PAC raised $1.2 million by pitching itself as a booster for Texas Representative Ron Paul’s run for president. Under the direction of Gary Franchi, the group spent $1 million, 83 percent of its cash, on administrative expenses, including about $153,000 for himself and his companies. A $1,766 monthly fee for “office rent†went to a Franchi company whose address is a mailbox at a Northbrook, Illinois, UPS Store.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Damn!

When I finished college and got into construction, my dad told me I was in the wrong business. Boy was he right.

Looks like politicians have finally morphed into preachers and clergy so much that you can hardly tell one from another. Both are selling fantasy and lies while duping their lemmings into paying them tons of money, while- get this- doing no work whatsoever, helping no one and creating nothing!

If I had a nickel for every time I failed to listen to my old man, I'd start a PAC or church.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Read somewhere that Adelson wound up contributing something like 150 million dollars in the last election...