Server Update - Monday Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just to give everyone a heads up, I have purchased a faster server which we will be switching over to on Monday. They attempted to do it last night into this morning but ran into network issues that prevented it from being completed, which is what caused the brief outage this morning. As a result it has been rescheduled for Monday, although I don't have an exact time yet but will keep everyone updated.

I'm trying to get this done now to get ready for the draft in a few weeks, as I expect that will obviously be a busy weekend. This will also prevent any further issues going forward, so hopefully we'll finally be all set.

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian and it's great to see you do the things
that makes this web site the best for PATs Fans!

Ian...THANKS for the update...I noticed all of teh site wa sdown and I wondered what was going on...but I figured it was an update or something similar. Will this be an all day situation?? OR 3-4 hours...I KNOW one can not be sure...but at least have an idea optimum.then. realistically..then...if there are problems.... Thanks again for teh warning. GREAT news though as I am sure this will help going forward with more traffic...Maybe you can tell us sometime of how the server etc has needed to be bigger over the years..to give us an idea about that. Thanks. GREAT WORK!!!

Just to give everyone a heads up, I have purchased a faster server which we will be switching over to on Monday. They attempted to do it last night into this morning but ran into network issues that prevented it from being completed, which is what caused the brief outage this morning. As a result it has been rescheduled for Monday, although I don't have an exact time yet but will keep everyone updated.

I'm trying to get this done now to get ready for the draft in a few weeks, as I expect that will obviously be a busy weekend. This will also prevent any further issues going forward, so hopefully we'll finally be all set.

Ian

allright...

but i doubt well see as much traffic as we did post SB this yr.....EVER again

Man..this is a LONNNNNNNNNG way from Ian Logue's Pats Fans.com of the late 90's...amazing how things grow

I knew something was seriously wrong when I tried to get on the site and saw the Boston Herald still up :eek:

Just a quick comment about what a great job you do Ian, this site has only gotten better..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back