Server Issues - Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
We've been hit with DOS attacks which is bogging the server down, and after the hosting company has struggled to take care of it we have made arrangements to migrate the board off of the server. I will begin the process as soon as possible to be ready for this weekend. In the meantime you can reach me at [email protected] if anyone wants updated information, as this forum will be intermittant at best.

Ian

(Who hates hackers with too much time on their hands)

Denial of Service. Bombarding the server with unwanted traffic, usually.

Ian said:
Ian

(Who hates hackers with too much time on their hands)
Amen. I've started using Firefox, with nice results, because my IE browser had slowed to a crawl with probable viruses. I firmly believe any such jerks that are apprehended should get jailtime. Good luck getting things back to normal. I know it ain't easy, albeit much appreciated. Go Patriots!

Sorry for your trouble. Thanks for keeping up this great site!

So, who do you think launched the attack? Colts fans? Raiders fans? Jets fans? Bills fans? Hmmm, there are a lot of suspects. Maybe Polian did it.

It doesn't matter who - it's a federal crime. I suggest turning it over to federal investigators to track down the criminal.

Nasty stuff, I wish this moron could be caught.

Thanks for your efforts Ian.

I agree...thanks..have missed the site...immensely

I say, drawing and quartering is too good for them.
But that's just me ... and them.

For first time, this caused me to LOOK IN ON
two other sites for Pats fans.
Nice that they were up
and found a few familiar fingerprints
but NOTHING LIKE PatsFans.com !

DOS attacks have been going on for a long time now. It's one of the oldest and cheapest bs thing u can do to a server. Unfortunately, people causing it may be unwitting participants. Because Windows and IE are so plagued with security flaws. They could have a trojan on their PC right now that is being used to ping servers for DOS. I'm so glad I use a Mac. But, for those who don't I suggest checking that your software firewall is turned on or better yet installing something like NOD 32 or a free traffic monitor like Zone Alarm which will alert you to any traffic in or out of your PC. All Broadband users should be using a router. Regardless if they are only connecting 1 computer.

It's been really frustrating not to be able to read posts this week of all weeks. :mad:

psychoPat said:
I say, drawing and quartering is too good for them.
But that's just me ... and them.

For first time, this caused me to LOOK IN ON
two other sites for Pats fans.
Nice that they were up
and found a few familiar fingerprints
but NOTHING LIKE PatsFans.com !

I got so desperate I actually started reading the finheaven forums. It was a sad time for me.

Ian...thanks again.

zippo59 said:
I got so desperate I actually started reading the finheaven forums. It was a sad time for me.
Bless you and I hope you were able to remove any lingering aromas of that place. I had a similar fate, stuck at home overseeing some major landscaping overhaul. I knew I'd make a pain in the ass of myself, talking to them about whether to use a rainbird or an impact type sprinkler on the dahlias without the Pats forum to read and write in. I finally found Patriots Planet and they were really hospitable. All's well that ends well.

I was gone to Ireland for a couple of days touring and couldn't even watch the Minny game. I finally got to a hotel internet terminal and tried to find out score and what was up when I couldn't get in to the website.

That is when I realized I had never kept Ians email or any other way to find out what happened to the site.

ESPN and NFL.com just couldn't satisfy my patriots fix requirement.

God Bless Ian and all who keep this site working smoothly.

A plague on all you hackers and others who somehow think destroying is more valuable than creating.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Amen. I've started using Firefox, with nice results, because my IE browser had slowed to a crawl with probable viruses. I firmly believe any such jerks that are apprehended should get jailtime. Good luck getting things back to normal. I know it ain't easy, albeit much appreciated. Go Patriots!

F*ck jailtime. How about they get a 1:1 session , in the real world, with the owner and some of this site's more "robust" posters?

zippo59 said:

LOL, I was spending some time at a Bills forum. They were like "wtf, we aren't playing you guys, don't you have a Patriots forum to hang out at."

Jets fans are new yorkers and Miami fans seem infantile and obnoxious. Bills fans are a breath of fresh air compared to them.

Thank you Ian for fixing the site, really missed it. If you catch the scumbag who did this, lock him in a room with NEM for 2 days. He will never do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes