PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seriously, who are we taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Gholston's workout is a good excuse for Parcells not to take Ryan at #1, which he may have been trying to talk himself out of to begin with.

1. Mia: Gholston OLB
2. St L: J. Long OT
3. Atl: C. Long DE
4. Oak: Clady OT
5. KC: Dorsey DT
6. NYJ: J. Stewart RB
7. Carolina from NE: #13, #67 and a 2009 3rd rdr for #7: M. Ryan QB
8. Balt: McFadden RB
9. Cinc: Harvey DE
10. NO: Ellis DT
11. Buff: J. Hardy WR
12. Den: Mendenhall RB
13. NE: K. Rivers/Q. Groves/C. Avril/DRC/Talib

Well i think you logic is good that Parcells wants an excuse not to take Ryan, but its Gholston. Yes Gholston is a freak but C. Long is a better prospect at DE. Take a transition player at number overall? Miami would see more impact with Long at DE, and he would be seen as a better pick. Though in your defense, you are the first person I've seen to justify Gholston with a number 1 overall pick.

THe problem I have with your 13 picks above is two fold. 1) why in the world would the Jets draft a RB who isn't McFadden at the 6 position? Oh yeah I guess they could take Mendenhall....Wait wtf??! Jonathan Stewart?? I'm not seeing the logic. He's a good RB but 3 is the highest I've seen any of the pro scouters putting him. 2) Why would NE take Keith Rivers? correct me if i'm wrong but he is a 4-3 OLB. We would have to pull a jets down the road and trade our amazing LB who doesn't fit our system for a late draft pick.

If Ryan falls to #7, we call the Bears and the Panthers and hold an auction !!

my 2 cents...

I believe Clady (OT) will still be there at #7 and or Ellis (DT) for the Pats to pick or trade down. While Clady has the numbers and good reviews, I believe his stock is slipping alittle. Not much 'buzz' about him lately probably due to going to a small school. You have to wonder about the level of competition he was facing in the Mountain Region. That said, I am sure he is gone in the first 15 picks - I just don't see him going in the top 5 overall and neither to the Jests (which leaves him for us). I would take him (if we can't find a trade partner) at # 7 rather than a CB or a LB (looks more and more like Gholston will be gone by then). He fills a need immediately at either RG or RT (as has been well pointed out earlier in this thread) and the long term need at LT when Light steps down or is injured.

Protecting Tom should be job #1. Doesn't matter to have great receivers when Tom is getting battered around like a pinata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back