PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seriously? - Court to hear old fan lawsuit over "Spygate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
****, they devoted a whole Sportscenter special to killing us! With not one! NOT ONE! analyst defending us. It was such a one sided beat down for our team it was disgusting. I will honestly never trust mainstream media again. They took the art of objective journalism and killed it. Killed it in front us, without even an effort to disguise there agenda.

Out of every storm cloud, a ray of sunshine. You should thank them for this valuable life lesson.

Nice summary of anti-Pats fan arguements.

Very sadly true.

Have you ever tried to have a rational discussion with Patriot hating fans? All reason and facts fall on deaf ears. They don't care. To them it's to easy to dismiss you and the accomplishments of the team, they don't want to give that up.
The point is, no matter what new evidence comes out,they won't listen. It's to convinent for them to stick there head in the sand.
...I will honestly never trust mainstream media again. They took the art of objective journalism and killed it. Killed it in front us, without even an effort to disguise there agenda.
It's a fight we'll never win in the court of public opinion...
This is a situation where facts, and truth will always be secondary to spin and speculation. I find this to be very sad state of affairs.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. :)

Thanks. Believe me, living in Manhattan, I had to vent a lot during Spygate.

I basically agree with everything you say. The only additions I would make are two:

One, I have frequently posted out here that the Pats did not defend themselves vigorously enough in the media. Unanswered lies in the media, as any politician will tell you, become the "truth" unless they are refuted aggressively. It became easy for the haters in the media and on other teams to state lies as truth, because they knew that no one would call them to account five minutes after they made the statement. The Krafts are brilliant at most aspects of management, but I give them a big, red F for Crisis Management during Spygate.

Two, Belichick opened the door to the haters when he continued taping from the sidelines after the league-wide memorandum went out. I'm as much of a Homer as anyone, but I never bought his explanation that he "misinterpreted" its content to mean that he couldn't use the tapes during the games in which they were taken. One of the worst parts of this tragedy is that the wounds are self-inflicted. No taping in the Meadowlands in 09/07, No Spygate.

As for the corruption of the media, I'm afraid I lost my innocence on their true motivations a long time ago...so long ago that I don't even remember which incident did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down