PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seriously? - Court to hear old fan lawsuit over "Spygate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Court To Hear Fan Lawsuit Over Patriots' 'Spygate' - cbs3.com

A federal appeals court is set to hear arguments in a lawsuit arising from the New England Patriots' videotaping of New York Jets coaches.

The suit was filed by a Jets season ticket holder who also is an attorney.

I can't help but laugh at the ******edness of this... what Jets fan has EVER seen an honest game?

Re: Seriously? - Court to hear fan lawsuit over "Spy Gate"

The case was dismissed in the District Court. The plaintiffs (the fan-attorneys) appealed to the Appeals Court. So the Appeals Court has to "hear" arguments at least. Strong possibility they'll affirm the lower court decision. It would be nice if they order attorney fees against the plaintiffs as well.

But this is just routine on appeal. Got to give the parties a chance to at least state their basis for appeal.

J D Sal

Last edited:

From what I remember about hearing about these guys, they have a history of frivolous lawsuits like this. I agree that the appeals court will most likely affirm the lower court's decision to dismiss the case.

From what I remember about hearing about these guys, they have a history of frivolous lawsuits like this. I agree that the appeals court will most likely affirm the lower court's decision to dismiss the case.

It'd be nice if the 'real' story was their frivolous lawsuits instead of the likely chatter that will come from their continued suit--although I expect the mediots to keep it to a somewhat minimum. That said, I'm sure it'll show up on a certain sports news network, and be featured in a certain city's newspapers too.

One more reason to beat their ass#s even harder next year.

Stuff like this reminds me off the south park episode with the panda

I wish people would stop being so greedy

There are actually JETS FANS that have an education

At least they're giving Weekly World News a storyline.

After Florio hears about this and posts a few paragraphs about this non-story, I'll put the over/under at 150 comments on PFT.

After Florio hears about this and posts a few paragraphs about this non-story, I'll put the over/under at 150 comments on PFT.

The story was posted on PFT at 8:46 PM. Right now, it's up to 33 comments. I think it will crack 100, but 150 is pushing it.

However, the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals judges peppered lawyers about the issues for more than an hour Wednesday. Their ruling could hinge on whether they see the purchase of a Jets ticket as a contract between fans and the league and whether consumer protection laws apply.

Think of the ramifications. :popcorn:

Think of the ramifications. :popcorn:

That's why I don't see this decision being reversed. Ruling would not only affect sports but all other entertainment events.

What does Tomase think? That's what is most important to me.

That's why I don't see this decision being reversed. Ruling would not only affect sports but all other entertainment events.

Absolutely. If they rule in favor of this guy then where does it end.

Could we get reimbursed for time wasted after listening to the Who during halftime at the SB ???

Absolutely. If they rule in favor of this guy then where does it end.
Someone should take out a lawsuit against the NFL for poor officiating in Superbowl 42. Why not....

Can we maybe sue the NFL next for letting Bernard Pollard hit Brady and ruin the 2008 season?

Its a recession...people will try anything for money

Just another minor reason to hate the New Jersey Green Beans and loathe their pathetic fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes