PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Serious questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOzgood

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
First off, let me start off by saying that this is the worst feeling I have had ever about the Patriots. People on here are saying that last year was much worse...I'm sorry, but if the Pats were 14-4 or something going into this game, it would not sting as much...It's the fact that we had our shot at being the best team in NFL history forever...And we lost it. One 2 minutes and 30 second drive ripped away that title. If we make those INTs or those sacks, we're the greatest team ever. But we lost and now we're the laughing stock of the league. Oh how the tides change.

But this one hurts even more because I am worried about the long term affects of this loss. After last years colts game, I swore that nothing could ever get worse than that. I also said to myself that if that isn't motivation for next years squad, then I don't know what is...Now that we went to the super bowl and lost...What now? What's the motivation? If they win the super bowl next year, does it make up for this year?

More importantly, how will this affect the players and fans mentally next year. Is there going to be that hunger? Or are we going to get the deer in the headlights look (like we saw last night in some instances)...Does this light another fire? Or is the fire squashed by squandering what could have been the best achievement in professional sports history...period.

I also would like to say that while I am avoiding most media coverage (like most of us) I do think we can get by this. I don't know how or when, but as a nation, we have no choice. It's going to sting...for a long long time. I just always will remember how NFL eternity was 2 minutes away, and we lost it...we lost it. It is refreshing however to know that we ALL are hurting and we ALL are in this together. If there's anything good that comes out of this is that we have the ability to vent and share and talk on this forum with people who are going through the same thing. It's like we all got dumped by the same girl...we are not in this alone...and I thank everyone for rallying today...The sun came up today...lets hope it didn't set on this patriots team...

man ohh man....

the only thing that will take this away forever is going 19-0....and the chances are astronomical for that....

better luck next year guys....we may be a better team then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back