Serious Props for Brady in Peter King Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To offset all the other crappy Dolt articles :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/18/mmqb.week15/index.html

"Brady was magnificent in this game. I mean, top-10-in-history magnificent."

"That quarterback is unbelievable," Kiffin said in a soft, raspy voice. "That throw he made on the third play of the game, I mean, I don't know who else makes that throw. An absolutely perfect throw.''

"What we saw today,'' Ronde Barber said, "was a living legend.''

We love you, Tommy - even if your name isn't Manning.

Last edited:
the reason why I love peter king is because, while he admittingly loves the patriots and brady and bb, he still can say later in his article the the Colts SHOULD win the super bowl, but not to count other teams such as the Pats out. Also nice to hear him form his analysis from other coaches and players not just some crazy thought he came up with.

BelichickFan said:
To offset all the other crappy Dolt articles :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/18/mmqb.week15/index.html

"Brady was magnificent in this game. I mean, top-10-in-history magnificent."

"That quarterback is unbelievable," Kiffin said in a soft, raspy voice. "That throw he made on the third play of the game, I mean, I don't know who else makes that throw. An absolutely perfect throw.''

"What we saw today,'' Ronde Barber said, "was a living legend.''

We love you, Tommy - even if your name isn't Manning.

It's funny, I thought King/Kiffin were going to talk about the TD pass where Brady was looking elsewhere, diverting the safety to the wrong place and then firing it in to Givens in the back of the end zone. He looked like Marino and Elway (quick release and really strong arm) in one package on that one. Or, the tip-toeing around in the pocket for what seemed like 10 seconds before delicately tossing it to Dillon for the TD. Brady's still getting better, and it's scary.

Last edited:
Fanfrom1960 said:
It's funny, I thought King/Kiffin were going to talk about the TD pass where Brady was looking elsewhere, diverting the safety to the wrong place and then firing it in to Givens in the back of the end zone. He looked like Marino and Elway (quick release and really strong arm) in one package on that one. Or, the tip-toeing around in the pocket for what seemed like 10 seconds before delicately tossing it to Dillon for the TD. Brady's still getting better, and it's scary.

You are right. Tom is only in his 5th year as a starter. That is scary. He won't peak for another few years yet.

Living in the Tampa area I constantly read about Simms. He's learning and he'll be a good one, etc, etc. What blows everything away is the fact that Brady is only two years older then Simms and has already won three superbowls.

I believe it was one of the Denver DBs who said you really just don't appreciate how good Brady is until you watch him on film. I think that's when the looking off the safeties becomes more apparent.

I agree about the TD pass to Givens -- I thought that was really something.

Interesting how Peter King gives little chance to Denver. He has them as #3, but does not seem to think they go far.

Not to get too far ahead of myself, but considring the best scenario ... we beat JAX at home round 1. Then I really do not want to go to Denver in round 2, but if Pitt is #6 and Cincy is #3, I would not at all count out Pitt winning, and then Pitt goes to Indy and we go to Denver.

onegameatatime said:
I believe it was one of the Denver DBs who said you really just don't appreciate how good Brady is until you watch him on film. I think that's when the looking off the safeties becomes more apparent.

I agree about the TD pass to Givens -- I thought that was really something.

Interesting how Peter King gives little chance to Denver. He has them as #3, but does not seem to think they go far.

Not to get too far ahead of myself, but considring the best scenario ... we beat JAX at home round 1. Then I really do not want to go to Denver in round 2, but if Pitt is #6 and Cincy is #3, I would not at all count out Pitt winning, and then Pitt goes to Indy and we go to Denver.

We have to play in Denver sometime. Play them first. I don't want to play Indy after a bye again. Denver beat us without Seymour and Hobbs and Hawkins. Shanhan can come up with no better game plan. BB has never been beat by the same team twice since '01. Let Pitt or the Bolts kick the Colts around before we play them again.

jczxohn1 said:
We have to play in Denver sometime. Play them first. I don't want to play Indy after a bye again. Denver beat us without Seymour and Hobbs and Hawkins. Shanhan can come up with no better game plan. BB has never been beat by the same team twice since '01. Let Pitt or the Bolts kick the Colts around before we play them again.

I actually think that we will be playing in Denver in the Divisional round. On wild card weekend we will play Jacksonville and Cincinnati will play Pittsburgh. The Steelers will beat Cincinnati. I will take a team with a good defense over a poor one any day. Hence, the Steelers will go to Indy and we will go to Denver. I also think we can beat Denver and will go to Indy for the Championship game or come back home for the Steelers. Either game will be exciting!

mosi said:
I actually think that we will be playing in Denver in the Divisional round. On wild card weekend we will play Jacksonville and Cincinnati will play Pittsburgh. The Steelers will beat Cincinnati. I will take a team with a good defense over a poor one any day. Hence, the Steelers will go to Indy and we will go to Denver. I also think we can beat Denver and will go to Indy for the Championship game or come back home for the Steelers. Either game will be exciting!

I would agree that this a very possible scenario. And you know the television networks would absolutely love a Pats-Colts AFC rematch. My one concern would be Steelers upsetting Bengals in Cincy. I know the Bengals are having a great year, but I get the feeling that they are going to make it into the 2nd round. What would not surprise me is Plummer laying a big fat egg in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back