PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Serious offers for Cassel yet? [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Serious offers for Cassell yet?

PATSNUTme said:
Why is this even being brought up?
I have not even heard a whisper, a rumor, or even speculation from any well known speculator about this.

I'm the Original poster and I only brought it up because:

1. There are some teams with high profile QB's needs right now (KS, Oak, Tampa)
  2. Cassell showed some really great stuff during preseason and I'm sure other scouts noticed.
  3. With Palmer doing so well, and Leinhart looking so good in preseason, I think there would be a few GM's around the league willing to take a look at the "other" USC QB.

That's all, nothing more. It was just a hypothetical sports talk question. Frankly I'm stunned by how fired up people got about it. :)

However, if it does happen now, I expect to be hailed as your new leader. :singing: ;)

Re: Serious offers for Cassell yet?

Sporin said:
However, if it does happen now, I expect to be hailed as your new leader. :singing: ;)
At last, the leader we've needed, a true volunteer looking out for the well being of his subjects! I've always felt sacrificing the guys with the short straws to the volcano was bad karma, only volunteers who put themselves forward for the good of the Patsfans.com community are worthy sacrifices. Hail Sporin! Willing sacrifice to the volcano demon "NEM." :D

How many #1 picks for Cassel?

I think they'll trade Cassel. Maybe 2 #1s.

For all the nay-sayers out there, Cassel's probably better than Ryan and he was a 3rd pick.

So 2 #1s is cheap.

Re: How many #1 picks for Cassel?

For all the nay-sayers out there, Cassel's probably better than Ryan and he was a 3rd pick.

So 2 #1s is cheap.

We should get the whole slate of draft choices from 1 team. Cassel can ball.

So 2 #1s is cheap.

The best you could hope for is the #1 pick of the 7th round......and that's probably asking too much.

I bet he's cut and you never hear from him again.

So 2 #1s is cheap.
your nuts what has he ever done in the pros or in college, answer throw interceptions, you obviusly no nothing about football

Last edited:

The best you could hope for is the #1 pick of the 7th round......and that's probably asking too much.

I bet he's cut and you never hear from him again.

Now, now. He'll probably end up in the Arena League. There's hope for Matt yet. :D

Last edited:

They would get no where close to 2 Number 1 picks for Matt Cassel since the only piece of game video that NFL Films has on the guy is throwing a bad interception to Jason Taylor that was returned for a touchdown.Cassel has virtually no game experience in either college or The NFL.They'd be lucky to get a 5th Rounder.He just hasn't played, so no one will take the kind of chance that You're talking about.He may be good or he may not be,We simply don't know.

Last edited:

So 2 #1s is cheap.

If I was BB I would play Cassel most if not all of the Baltimore game.

If he does very well, talk him up in the presser, and have Brady tell everyone how impressed he is with how much Cassel has learned and developed. Then trade him for picks.

If he stinks the join up, cut him.

your nuts what has he ever done in the pros or in college, answer throw interceptions, you obviusly no nothing about football
You obviously know nothing about sarcasm :)

I think we could have gotten something had things worked out differently and Cassel had to play more. Thankfully Brady didn't miss any time due to injuries so it's moot as Cassel hasn't needed to prove himself.

They should take whatever they can get (no way it will be 2 #1s - are you high?), but I doubt there will be any interest.

I don't doubt for one second that there'd be interest involving a low draft pick. The guy has played behind the best QB and for the best coach in the league. Someone surely would offer at least a 6th rounder IF he plays well in the pre-season.

I think we could only get a sixth round pick for Brady, we might as well just cut Tom Brady:rolleyes:

Your grasp on grammar is strong.

Brady cost a 6th round, doesn't mean that's all you could get for him now.

Cassel may be good, but experience seems to say "no" to that.

As to waht he's worth, my original post was chain-yanking. I've seen people post that on here and wanted to yank their chain.

He's worth 2-3 x as much as the NFLEurope leading guy, forgot his name. (he was cut so 2-3x zero = zero).

I think we could have gotten something had things worked out differently and Cassel had to play more. Thankfully Brady didn't miss any time due to injuries so it's moot as Cassel hasn't needed to prove himself.
you never know with some of the posters here

Your grasp on grammar is strong.
you obviously must be a typist, congradulations on a great career

I think that you may have it backwards. Brady wasn't held out for his injuries BECAUSE Belichick had so little faith in Cassel.

They would get no where close to 2 Number 1 picks for Matt Cassel since the only piece of game video that NFL Films has on the guy is throwing a bad interception to Jason Taylor that was returned for a touchdown.Cassel has virtually no game experience in either college or The NFL.They'd be lucky to get a 5th Rounder.He just hasn't played, so no one will take the kind of chance that You're talking about.He may be good or he may not be,We simply don't know.

That wasn't the only game Cassel's played in.

So 2 #1s is cheap.

I wonder if Miami would swap him straight up for Jayson Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back