PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sergio Kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kindle kind of reminds me of what we HOPED Rosie Colvin would bring to the table when he came to town, he's not my favorite, but he's my guess at who we'll take at 22 (if he's there).

sergio kindle, is a every down starting LB he won't get 15 sacks but he will get 80 tackles and 8 sacks a year for the next 10 years he is good ve the run and i think can hold he's own in covrage.

if you want just sacks and pass rush then hughes, is the guy for that,

Brandon Graham, is not the every down LB that kindle. is and he is not the pass rusher that hughes, is but he give you a mix of both of them. but i say he is long gone when the pats pick.

Slower? Graham had a much quicker first step, shuttle and 3-cone. Slower at 40 yards, yes. But if a pass-rusher is still running at top speed after 40 yards, unless he's returning a fumble, something has gone seriously haywire.

Graham also has a far superior sustained leg drive and use of leverage, which Kindle doesn't. Graham is also noted for having already developed an array of sophisticated hand/arm moves to quickly disengage blockers both on the outside and on the inside, which Kindle hasn't. In fact, Kindle's ONLY move is to try to outrun the tackle around the corner, which didn't always work in college and will probably work less frequently in the pros.

My guess is that Graham posts about double the number of sacks, hits and pressures that Kindle does.

i was just going on their 40 times, which may or may not be an accurate indication of speed to get to the qb.

The #22 pick needs to be a three down player. Not sure Kindle is a three down player.

but can brandon graham play both standing up and down? in any event, i don't think graham will be there as atlanta picks ahead of us and will be all over him. if no brandon graham or kindle, I am sure we should take Jermaine gresham or Jerry Hughes. Corey Wooten will be available in round 2 - he is the prototypical willie mcginest type player.

Last edited:
The #22 pick needs to be a three down player. Not sure Kindle is a three down player.
Excellent point. That's why we go big here. It may be that Odrick is available. A good, steady player. I'm happy with that.

But increasingly my spies tell me teams are salivating over this guy, whom the Patriots reportedly covet along with others:

Maurkice Pouncey

This guy would be a huge upgrade over Koppen who has regressed and become a liability in the run and against behemoth NTs.

Jahvid Best is also a three-down player. I love him. He's a football player with track speed. A game-changer. We win the SB against the Giants with a player like this, not the dancing Irishman. But I have to question Best's durability. There's no doubt he'd help us the most with the pick, other than Golden Tate, whom I'm also very high on. It would be great to get the latter in the second.

I'd be surprised if the Patriots draft him. Seriously when is the last time Belichick drafted anyone that the so called experts expected him to draft.

I dont know enough about Sergio Kindle to make an accurate prediction about him, but I have seen Brandon Graham play, and in a conference that produces historically good NFL tackles. If he is there at 22 I may just cream in my pants, but more likely I see the Patriots moving up, they enter this draft with more holes on the team then ever before. I see them drafting 2 studs tomorrow. Neither at 22.

One at 10, trading with Jacksonville, who doesn't want to be there. or at 13 with San Fran wanting to move up in the draft for Clausen, they need to have the picks to do it with, and the patriots are just what they seek. and this pick will be with BPA.

The other pick I'm convinced will be at 16 trading with Tennessee. jumping ahead of teams with need at Wide Receiver, namely Pitt with the departure of santonio holmes, and draft, thats right, Dez Bryant.

Rest of the holes will attempted to be filled in on Friday. Belichick sees the errors of his ways, wasting 2 first rounders in the last decade on TE's who under preform.

I'd be surprised if the Patriots draft him. Seriously when is the last time Belichick drafted anyone that the so called experts expected him to draft.

I dont know enough about Sergio Kindle to make an accurate prediction about him, but I have seen Brandon Graham play, and in a conference that produces historically good NFL tackles. If he is there at 22 I may just cream in my pants, but more likely I see the Patriots moving up, they enter this draft with more holes on the team then ever before. I see them drafting 2 studs tomorrow. Neither at 22.

One at 10, trading with Jacksonville, who doesn't want to be there. or at 13 with San Fran wanting to move up in the draft for Clausen, they need to have the picks to do it with, and the patriots are just what they seek. and this pick will be with BPA.

The other pick I'm convinced will be at 16 trading with Tennessee. jumping ahead of teams with need at Wide Receiver, namely Pitt with the departure of santonio holmes, and draft, thats right, Dez Bryant.

Rest of the holes will attempted to be filled in on Friday. Belichick sees the errors of his ways, wasting 2 first rounders in the last decade on TE's who under preform.

I'm really not a Derrick Morgan fan, but if the Pats came out of this draft with Morgan AND Bryant, that would be very very intersting

Remember that Hughes has the mark of the beast upon him ("condon"). He is unlikley to be drafted by the patriots.

You convinced me... we want Hughes.

Graham will make the better DE, Kindle would make a better OLB. Personally I'd like to see another true pass rushing DE opposite TBC.

Remember that Hughes has the mark of the beast upon him ("condon"). He is unlikley to be drafted by the patriots.

It sucks, but I don't think it would play a big part in the decision of whether or not to draft him.

The Patriot.com guys were just saying that the other nite, they did not think BB wants a pure pass rusher, they thought BB wants to set the edge, contain, and get the occasional sack just like Vrabel use to.

They felt Kindle was the best selection for that.

sergio kindle, is a every down starting LB he won't get 15 sacks but he will get 80 tackles and 8 sacks a year for the next 10 years he is good ve the run and i think can hold he's own in covrage.

if you want just sacks and pass rush then hughes, is the guy for that,

Brandon Graham, is not the every down LB that kindle. is and he is not the pass rusher that hughes, is but he give you a mix of both of them. but i say he is long gone when the pats pick.

in my latest mock I'm leaning towards taking Kindle with the 1st pick. In part cuz I feel Odrick will now go to the Steelers at 18 but I also feel like sergio would transition the fastest.

but more likely I see the Patriots moving up, they enter this draft with more holes on the team then ever before.

Spoken like a true Belichickian era Patriot.:D

We've had a lot more holes than this team could dig in previous decades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back