PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Senior Bowl practices should be starting in about a week. Looking at the roster so far (no teams published as yet), 2 positions stand out to me:

1. OG. Mike Iupati, Vladimir Ducasse and Mike Johnson will all be playing. The practices should be valuable to compare those 3 guys. I'd like one of them in the 2nd round at some point.

2. DT. Terrance Cody and Dan Williams will both be playing. With Wilfork's status uncertain, the position is of interest. Is Cody that good of a space eater? Is Williams consistent, and can he play 3-4 DE as well as DT? Some have compared Williams to Haloti Ngata. If he really has that kind of size and athleticism, he might be a very valuable option.

One of the players I'm excited to pay attention to is Myron Rolle. Reports are that he will be playing in Mobile after spending the past year studying at Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship. He seems to be an interesting prospect (for rounds 2-4) as he is both extremely bright and a great athlete. BB has commented before that James Sanders is extremely valuable in the secondary since he is usually one of the smartest players on the field. From what I have seen from Rolle in the past, he could potentially offer an upgrade in both athleticism and football intelligence despite being away from the game for a year. Plus he should be a great character guy as evidenced by him putting his schooling before a professional football career.

The Senior Bowl team rosters are up:

Official Website of the Senior Bowl
Official Website of the Senior Bowl

The amazing thing is that both DT Dan Williams (Tennessee) and Terrance Cody (Alabama) or on the south roster. That is going to be one heck of a DL. Eric Norwood could make out like a bandit behind those 2 guys.

It will be interesting to see how OG Mike Iupati and OT/OG Vlad Ducasse do in practice against DEs Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes, and how they manage against Williams and Cody in the game. Iupati on Cody could be something to watch.

The other interesting thing is that I can't find Oklahoma senior OT Trent Williams on either roster. He should be on the north roster. He's one of the guys with the most to gain if he shows that he can play LT against elite competition.

The thing that jumps off the page as you look at those rosters is how fierce the battles in the pit and in the trenches on game day could get if those kids play up to their hype.

Scott Wright from NFLdraftcountdown has reported that the following players have been added to the Senior Bowl roster:

Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
Zane Beadles, OG, Utah
LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
Jeff Byers, OG, USC
Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas St.
Morgan Cox, LS, Tennessee
Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.
Matt Dodge, P, East Carolina
A.J. Edds, OLB, Iowa
Jacony Ford, WR, Clemson
Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
Garrett Graham, TE, Wisconsin
Michael Hoomanawanui, TE, Illinois
Shawn Lauvao, OG, Arizona St.
Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas
Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
O'Brien Schofield, DE, Wisconsin
Terrell Skinner, S, Maryland
Brett Swenson, K, Michigan St.
Cam Thomas, DT, North Carolina

Draft Countdown - 2010 Senior Bowl Blog

Also, Wright reports that Brandon LaFell and Trent Williams haven't checked in. Also, the Senior Bowl official site has taken down the North and South rosters, presumably to sort out the additions and subtractions.

It will be interesting if O'Brien Schofield plays, after playing in the Shrine Game last week. It will also be nice to see Jon Asamoah, Jacoby Ford and Brandon Ghee, among others.

LB Eric Norwood from Mississippi and LSU WR Brandon LaFell, RB Charles Scott, OT Ciron Black and Harry Coleman have been added to the Senior Bowl roster.
Minor correction. Norwood is from U of South Carolina Mayo. Without question Spurriers best player
DW Toys

Last edited:
Minor correction. Norwood is from U of South Carolina Mayo. Without question Spurriers best player
DW Toys

Thanks. Brain fart.

I just got an email from Austen Lane's agent that said that he just received an invite to play in the Senior Bowl and is headed there now.

Very excited to see him play vs the best.

I'm surprised to see O'Brien Scofield among the late invites. He just finished a week with the folks at the East-West game. Now another week with the Senior Bowl staffs. He certainly seems eager to work for the game. A big plus.

He made the switch from DE to OLB at the beginning of E-W week and by the end had made some noticeable strides. Pro coaches love to see guys make that kind of steady progress. If he continues it Senior Week he's gonna make himself some damn good money.

Walterfootball just posted the Weigh-Ins

I can't post links......

The full weigh in data are available on NFLdraftcountdown:

Draft Countdown - 2010 Senior Bowl Weigh-In

Some interesting notes:

Offense:

- OG Mike Johnson: 6'5 3/8#, 306# but short arms at 32 1/4"
- OG Jon Asamoah: 6'4", 300#, very short arms at 31"
- OG Mike Iupati: 6'5 1/4", 325#, 35" arms
- OT/OG Vlad Ducasse: 6'4 5/8", 326#, 34" arms
- TE Jimmy Graham had been listed at 6'8", but measured in at 6'6 3/8", 259#with 34 3/4" arms
- WR Jacoby Ford measured in at 5'8 3/4", 181#
- WR/ RB Dexter McCluster measured in at 5'8 1/8", 165#

Defense:

- DT Terrance Cody measured in at 6'4", 370# with 34" arms
- DT Dan Williams measured in at 6'2 1/4", 329# with 33# arms
- DE (possible OLB) Austen Lane measured in at 6'6" 267# with 33 3/4" arms - fabulous measurables for a Pats DE/OLB
- DE Brandon Graham measured in at 6'1" 263#, with only 30 1/2" arms
- DE/OLB O'Brien Schofield measured in at 6'2 1/8", 238# - definitely LB size
- LB AJ Edds measured in at 6'3 5/8" 244#
- LB Eric Norwood measured in at 6'0 7/8# 246# - on the small side
- LB Sean Weatherspoon was on the short side at 6'0 7/8" and 241#
- TCU LB Daryl Washington weighed in at only 226#
- S Taylor Mays measured in at 6'3" 231#

Best measurables of the day for me - Austen Lane. Legitimate size and length. Now we'll get to see how he plays.

Seeing Cody come in at 370 is a bit disheartening because that limits him to NT more than likely. Williams is kinda on the short side, but then, So is Myron Pryor and he did well for the Pats this year.

I agree on Lane. Also interesting was that Edds came in at Pats ILB size.

I agree on Lane. Also interesting was that Edds came in at Pats ILB size.

I was very impressed with Edds' measurements. I think he could be a very interested prospect. Could he play SILB? He certainly has the reputation as a good coverage LB. I'm wondering if he could be a Stewart Bradley for us.

Damn, I wish we had 3rd round picks this year like we did last year.

I was very impressed with Edds' measurements. I think he could be a very interested prospect. Could he play SILB? He certainly has the reputation as a good coverage LB. I'm wondering if he could be a Stewart Bradley for us.

The more I look at it, the more I like the idea of trading our 1st rounder (and probably paired with a 6th) for a 2nd and 3rd with one of the top 5 teams, if at all possible. Barring an unanticipated free-fall of an elite player, there should not be a steep quality differential between 22 and what is available in the mid-to-late 30's. Netting an additional draft pick in the mid-to-late 60's range certainly justifies the move. Of course, the opportunity needs to be there, but this should be a very interesting draft. It would also be very tempting to trade our 1st for a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to a mid-drafting team. That could give us the flexibility to pair a couple of our 4ths to net another 3rd rounder. The quality depth in this draft is scary.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats took Edds in the 2nd round as a "reach". With 3 2nd round picks, they can move around pretty well if they want to.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats took Edds in the 2nd round as a "reach". With 3 2nd round picks, they can move around pretty well if they want to.

The problem is, I have about 3 such "reaches" right now.

Some Pats considerations:

WalterFootball.com: 2010 Senior Bowl

DT Jared Odrick, Penn St. 6051 301 34 1/4 9 3/4

Average upper body - room to bulk
DT Dan Williams, Tennessee 6022 329 33 10 1/8

Very wide - thick lower body
RB Anthony Dixon, Mississippi State 6006 245 32 1/4 10

Thick build - powerful lower body
WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati 5115 179 30 5/8 9

Slender and cut
WR Andre Roberts, The Citadel 5106 192 32 9 1/8

Low body fat and cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back