PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl Prospects to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Globe's Bedard is at The Senior Bowl and has this:

"Michigan G Stephen Schilling (6-4, 302) is getting a lot of attention. He plays with a nasty streak and has some versatility."

Schilling is an interesting prospect at OG for Day 3. According to this scouting report he has experience playing both RT and Guard. Apparently his strength is pass blocking which could be a plus with the team the Pats currently have. Although it would be nice if he were to bone up on his run block technique as well. Pretty good size for the position at 6'4.25 302 lbs and has versatility to play multiple positions. Possible negative is that his arms are a bit short at 32 3/8. That kinda eliminates him as a tackle prospect but still could be a guy to look out for come draft day as an interior lineman.

Last edited:
I thought he looked great. If we could get him late to be a backup to Wilfork I would be a happy Patfan.

He still has a lawsuit coming from walking into a party at PSU and demolishing about 5 kid's faces for no reason at all.

I thought he looked great. If we could get him late to be a backup to Wilfork I would be a happy Patfan.
Taylor looked good in practice, he's very athletic, however during the season he looked to be playing too high when I watched him. Fixable, but that will depend on his work habits and he's not got the best track record there.

just been watching the youtube footage of the practices... my thoughts are.

- The tackles looked great to me they handled everything the pass rushers were throwing at them.

- Beal got absolutley man handled for what it's worth... then jumped off side the very next play

- Titus young made a name for himself this week he looked very very quick

- Cam Jordan looked very strong as an interior rusher... who ever he was going up against had no chance stopping him from the footage i saw

- Didn't see to much good cb play in the wr vs cb (but it's pretty hard on the wr's)

Cam Jordan and the 3 1st round OL's looked the best to me of the pats prospective picks

Paea weighed in at 295 this morning so he is too small to play NT. Probably gonna be a DT in a 4-3.
Probably, but Mike Wright plays NT at a quality reserve level at 295 and he doesn't have Paea's height advantage for leverage inside. During the season Paea was listed at 311, he's probably been working out at a speed camp and they've slimmed him down some in advance of the Combine since 295 is an excellent NFL weight for his height. I'm less concerned about his weight and more about his technique and nose for the ball in trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back