PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren and Seymour are in the 300-305 range.. Bit of a difference there. Especially when you look the fact that in 2001 they didn't use the 3-4, 2002, they didn't have a nose tackle, and 2003 they had Warren subbing in with him..

Pleasant was also on the downside of his career.

Jarvis Green was in the 285 range and he couldn't hold up to be an every down player full time..

All sound points and I think Jarvis was even lighter (275 and has bulked up since). 10 more lbs. for Carrington seems about right (plus the strength program).

Tate is looking pretty impressive today.

Last edited:
I like Tate but he does have trouble holding on to the ball. Tebow throws like he is in slow motion.

Lso am really liking what I'm seeing from Misi today. Officially a large blip on my radar.

Gilyard with a nice TD catch.. He is officially my binky for the offensive side of the ball :)

Lso am really liking what I'm seeing from Misi today. Officially a large blip on my radar.
Uncle Boxter's #1 OLB target in this draft.

Gilyard with a nice TD catch.. He is officially my binky for the offensive side of the ball :)

He's been my binky for awhile. I've been defending him from day 1. Some scouts are saying he doesn't have top end speed, and that's true. He's not a burner, but he's quick, runs great routes and he has excellent hands.

As usual, leave it to me to latch onto your #1 OLB.
We have a better chance of landing this kid, Utah switchs back and forth from 3-4 to 4-3 and they've used him inside at DT/NT, so he's an edge warrior, trench warrior, and he's played in space (which various practice reports talked about this week). He's not getting near the first round, so there's a great chance for him to be where BB is willing to spend a pick.

I think that's the first drop I've seen from Roberts.

So this "Misi" is this year's version of Connor Barwin??

I need another hobby,,,,,,,,,

We have a better chance of landing this kid, Utah switchs back and forth from 3-4 to 4-3 and they've used him inside at DT/NT, so he's an edge warrior, trench warrior, and he's played in space (which various practice reports talked about this week). He's not getting near the first round, so there's a great chance for him to be where BB is willing to spend a pick.

Brandon Graham is a big winner today. So is Dan Williams.
OTOH, Mt Cody is a big loser as he can't shed blockers. Along with Tebow. Sloooow delivery just like Tim Wakefield.

McClusker hasn't done anything to really impress me, other than his fumble and he had both arms around the ball at the time. That doesn't bode well for his NFL future.

Carrington has helped himself.

Iupati isn't as dominant as I thought he would be.

Williams from Tulane
Gilyard from CIncy
Coleman from Auburn intrigues me as well

So this "Misi" is this year's version of Connor Barwin??

I need another hobby,,,,,,,,,
No, I think Barwin has a higher ceiling. Misi isn't as athletic in space, but he has good size and he's played DL with an OLB minor longer than Barwin so his learning curve is shorter. If you go look at the Sugar Bowl against Alabama, Misi was sliding inside and playing NT, setting up at 5-tech and 3-tech and 4-3 DE, and lining up at 3-4 OLB dropping into coverage as well as rushing off the edge from a two-point stance.

I expect Seattle to go for Misi... Fits their mold well..

Lagarrette Blount looks like he'd be a fit.

Tyson Alualu has a nice burst. If he were taller, he'd be tempting to try as an end.

Misi looks like an ILB prospect to me.

I know he got urinated on this week but I'd take a late flyer on Sam Young.

Mike Johnson looked absolutely awful today.

Jimmy Graham does nothing for me. His blocking is beyond weak.

I wouldn't use a pick on McCluster above the sixth or seventh round.

Gilyard will rise but I wouldn't expect much of him as a pro.

Last edited:
OTOH, Mt Cody is a big loser as he can't shed blockers. Along with Tebow. Sloooow delivery just like Tim Wakefield.

McClusker hasn't done anything to really impress me, other than his fumble and he had both arms around the ball at the time. That doesn't bode well for his NFL future.

Cody played extremely well in the 1st half... tying up 2 and sometimes 3 defenders.. he was very disruptive..

I think the big winner today was the North defense, and defense in general. The big loser were the offensive linemen. No one looked particularly good for either side on the OL. Trent Williams really lost an opportunity to solidfy himself as a 1st round pick by not participating this week.

Some individual guys to note:

1. Brandon Graham. "Brandon Graham was what I thought he would be", to paraphrase Jim Mora. A dominant pass rusher with a non-stop motor. Great player. But I still don't know if he's fluid enough to play in space, and his lack of height and reach are a potential issue.

2. Alex Carrington. I want him. Much more than Jared Odrick. He's a beast, and with 15 more lbs. will be a dominant RDE for us. I'm not sure he can play strongside 3-4 OLB.

3. Austen Lane. I want him, too. I think he'll be a pro bowl caliber weakside 3-4 OLB in 2-3 years, and a starter by 2011. He needs a lot of schooling, but the material is there, and the drive.

4. Koa Misi. Kudos to Box. He singled out Misi over a year ago, when no one knew who the heck we was talking about. I agree, Misi's upside is limited, but he is a solid, solid player.

5. AJ Edds. Just makes plays. He's not an athlete, but he'll contribute.

6. Sean Weatherspoon. Was all over the field today. I don't know how he'll time at the combine, but he was everything you could want today.

7. Dan Williams. Best defensive player on the South team, IMHO, and a certain 1st round pick.

8. Terrance Cody. Couldn't shed blocks. Not a 1st round pick right now. Needs to get into shape.

9. Javier Arenas. A great STer, but a nickel corner at best. A slightly better Ellis Hobbs.

I was also incredible happy to see Taylor Mays make an interception. Hopefully that and his combine numbers keep him going top 20 with some poor dumb team thinking that he's a safety, so that he can push a player down to us.

Can he move inside to SILB? He's got the trench warfare skills to handle it, and might be able to carry another 5-6 lbs. and play around 250. He looked better than Eric Norwood today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back