PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senator Specter's speech on floor of the Senate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question to ask Specter is: Why now?

There have been rumors of cheating or actual incidents of cheating in the NFL for as long as the sport has existed. There are articles and books on the subject. Why has he never asked about the integrity of the game or the impact of these instances in times past? I think we all know the answer to this but I would love it if the media would actually step up and ask. Sen Spector, there have been instances of cheating throughout the history of the NFL ranging from an article about cheating by Don Banks last year, the 49ers, Steelers and Broncos cheating on the cap, the steelers steriods scandals of the 70s, a book documenting cheating in the 60s and rumors of Halas spying on teams ever since then, so why now? What makes this instance difference then those?

Re: Specter's becoming insane over Spygate

I sent an email off to Spector and this is part of what I got back.

(Please do not reply to this email) Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I receive a large volume of E-mails, phone calls, faxes and letters every week from concerned citizens like yourself. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of mail, I can only respond if you're a resident of Pennsylvania. If you need to find out who your U.S. Senator is please go to www.senate.gov.

I hope all you Patriot fans from Pennsylvania are flooding his mail box. I have emailed my senators from NY.
Lets just hope the Clinton's are a Patriots fans!!!!!

Last edited:

Spector doesn't even know what spygate was about.

What he knows is the folks at Comcast have told him they will cut off his campaign fund, his kickbacks, and the cushy "consulting" job they have promised him when he retires from the Senate if he doesn't atatck Godell.

The dude is downright bats*** insane. A politician talking about moral integrity? Whaaa??

I've always wanted to knock over a stagecoach like a real cowboy, Billy. Can I?

"of course you can, son? You see how we violated the rules (and got our asses handed to us)? There's no limit as to what you can do, you just gotta reach for the stars.

--------------------

And this guy gets elected?

I've come to the conclusion that Specter is like the little Yorkie dog that my neighbor has. Barks it's head off and makes menacing moves but has no bite in it.

This thing is over in my opinion. The Senate will not do anything as they did in the steriods mess in baseball. It's not sexy enough and there is nothing to gain politically by other Senators to hold hearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes