Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When will this guy ever give it up?

Warning to NFL: Senator Arlen Specter hasn’t forgotten Spygate
By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Friday, September 5, 2008

MINNEAPOLIS - Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Penn.) still refuses to give the New England Patriots [team stats] or the NFL a pass on Spygate and says he’s hellbent on his crusade against pigskin cheating.

“I don’t do anything except with vigor,” Specter told the Track yesterday after a Republican National Convention health care forum sponsored by The Creative Coalition. “I think there will be more on the issue of irregularities with the NFL. I published a report in June that gave my position, but there will be more aspects of this that need to be examined.”

Commissioner Roger Goodell thought he closed the door on the Spygate taping scandal after getting a look at the footage shot by Pats video boy Matt Walsh and determining there was no proof Bill Belichick ordered the taping of the Rams walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI.

Specter, a sour grapes-chewing Philadelphia Eagles fan, wanted Congressional hearings on the Spygate scandal and reiterated yesterday that if more damning evidence comes to light, he will ask for them.

However, Congress, mired in the war, the energy crisis and other more important issues, has shown little zeal for the senator’s cheating crusade.

But do stay tuned . . .

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1117078&srvc=home&position=also

Last edited:
Ummm . . . where is said damning evidence going to come from, Senator?

THREAD HIJACK

Take “I don’t do anything except with vigor,” Specter told the Track yesterday and make it as ridiculous as possible!

I'll start:

Specter goes to the bathroom with vigor.

Leave it to the Herald to post this BS right before the season starts. :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting Rob, but I have no use for anything reported by the Herald. I have boycotted them since Tomase's BS report before the Super Bowl, and your post has shown me that I have done the right thing.

I got it from PFT. I don't actually read the Herald, but I figured if I posted the PFT story, people would end up clicking on the Herald site and launch a tirade of people complaining about giving clicks to the Herald. I figured this would stop the clicks.

If he had this much inspiration in the past we may have really known the truth about who murdered John F. Kennedy.

I'm really tired of this but here's my take on it. When only the gossip writers from the Herald cover your comments that is very telling. Republicans need to start focusing on real issues or they will lose this election. Someone from the Republican party needs to put a lid on this guy.

It's too bad the parties (democrat and republican alike) are too interested in being a union that they would never call each other out. I'd love to see another Republican rail this guy publicly for wasting time.

A democrat doing it isn't enough, because it'll be viewed as a partisan thing. But if one of his colleagues does it, I think he'd finally shut up.

I'm really tired of this but here's my take on it. When only the gossip writers from the Herald cover your comments that is very telling. Republicans need to start focusing on real issues or they will lose this election. Someone from the Republican party needs to put a lid on this guy.

Good luck putting a lid on Specter. There are few Senators who is despised by his own party more than Specter is. Maybe Lieberman before he turned independent when his own party turned on him.

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion that will banish this thread onto the politics board, but Specter is a loose cannon and always has been. Eventhough he has zero support in Congress for this, I think he will still try to push this until he retires, dies, or the NFL gives Comcast NFL Sunday Ticket and the NFL Network at an affordable price.

If he had this much inspiration in the past we may have really known the truth about who murdered John F. Kennedy.

We do. It was the magic bullet who killed JFK.

So... yeah. The season is starting this Sunday. Who is going to go to the game? I know I'll be watching it from 62" of greatness with surround sound in my living room. :D

Fortunately most of America, a collective group of NON-Patriot fans more objective on the subject of Alren Specter, arent threatened by this guy because he's picking on their favorite sports team, and wont support a word he says for a moment. That cat is completely out of the bag on his motives. No fear with this old fart. This old man's name shouldnt worry any of us for as long as we live.

some the track from herald went and asked spector about this ? same old sh*t

Good god....he will never let this go until he goes.....this is really bad on the people of the state of Pennsylvania. What a freak!!

This man is an embarrassment to our government and we really need to stop giving him any attention what so ever. IMO he probably has aids watching for any responses to his continued rants. Please lets agree to not post any reactions!!!!!!

thanks for falling for his trap and posting this, you did exactly what he wanted you to do, i bet you feel proud to help mr. spector out, rob0729, got get some hobbies and let spygate die, you are just as bad as him for posting, you call your self a fan, disgusting

Wow... I agree we should let it die, but I don't think this was fair. Nobody who frequents this board is going to read this and say, "Wait? What? It's not over? Those damn Pats!"

It's Patriots related news. He posted it. I don't think Specter gets a nickel for every time someone reads his words or anything, or that Goodell is going to view "hits" as unofficial fan votes to reopen the investigation :rolleyes:

Bigger joke: Spector or the Herald?

Nice of them to bother printing more his lunitic crusade on their toilet paper.

Good reminder of why I have boycotted them completely.

almost got myself banned for what I said about the guy last time but you have to admit there are a few of you out there who agree with what I said :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down