Welcome to PatsFans.com

Senate rejects making felony of illegal entry

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pujo, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060327/ap_on_go_co/immigration

The practical implications (which I had not considered before) of the law would have been that anyone offering food, shelter, or any kind of assistance (including medical care) to an illegal immigrant could be prosecuted for aiding a felon. Now wouldn't THAT be a bit drastic?

What about the parents who illegally come with their kids, and when the kid is older has a medical emegency. EMT's would have been required to let them die.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

While a good idea in theory, it would be way too costly in reality. Now if we could make a law so that children of illegals born in this country are not U.S. citizens and deport the whole family that would be a good thing.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The children had no choice - if you deport them after they grew up here you're taking any chance they have of having a normal life. Yeah, their parents broke the law, but the child didn't have anything to do with it.

I would, however, favor a change in the law making it so first generation citizen children of illegal-immigrant parents can't act as sponsors to bring other people over.

And let me just get this straight: you think it's a "good idea in theory" to deny even emergency medical care to the children of illegal aliens?
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

It would be a moot point because the kids would be back in Mexico if it were up to me.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What about the ones that made it past the wall, or come in through other means. Would you at least stitch up their wounds before shipping them back? The law you were supporting didn't seem to leave much room for humanitarian assistance.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

I guess it depends on what's happening. A life threatening emergency, I guess I would allow help. Some nice to have aid ? Nope.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I didn't understand your last sentence (Some nice to have aid ?).
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

If they're about to die, OK. If it's some preventative thing or one of our many drugs that is unecessary to basic life then no.
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Let the aliens in. A large number of them come here and see a caring, compassionate nation, and eventually adopt those liberal values themselves.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Only that piece of the bill was removed, the whole thing wasn't rejected as the subject suggests.

Meanwhile, the majority of Americans agree with me :) :

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/27/D8GK40R09.html

"Some findings in recent polling:

_ Some 59 percent say they oppose allowing illegal immigrants to apply for legal, temporary-worker status, an NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll found.

_ More than six in 10, 62 percent, say they oppose making it easier for illegal immigrants to become citizens, according to a Quinnipiac University poll. Nine in 10 in that poll say they consider immigration to be a serious problem _ with 57 percent of those polled saying very serious.

_ Three-fourths say the United States is not doing enough along its borders to keep illegal immigrants out, a Time Magazine poll found."
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

A felon is a felon, aid them and you get in trouble, we can't choose good felon bad felon.

"WELCOME ALL THIRD WORLD SH!THOLE PEOPLE WELCOME C'MON OVER TO CRAZY AMERICA WE LOVE YOU, LIBERALS ARE WAITING TO HUG AND KISS YOU"

FREE FOOD-FREE BOOZE-FREE COCAINE-FREE HOUSE-FREE CAR-FREE DRIVERS LICENSE-FREE FALSE TEETH-FREE ABORTIONS "COME ONE COME ALL"

CUBANS ONLY, SEND US YOUR ADDRESS, WE WILL SEND YOU A WAL-MART TRUCK INNER TUBE FOR TO PADDLE TO FLORIDA IN "FREE", A PICTURE OF JIMMY CARTER WILL BE INCLUDED "FREE".
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

If it was a felony, think of the impact on the judicial systems and prisons, talk about expensive try putting a couple more million folks in jail, then both sides of the aisle will whine big time.
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's funny how right before Hitler came to power in Germany, the same mindset was prevelant. I guess xenophobia is xenophobia wherever and whenever you go.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The subject is very accurate, it says: "Senate rejects making felony of illegal entry." I didn't say they rejected the bill, which deals with issues beyond just illegal entry.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Were you born in America?
    Does that make you an American?
    If not, what does?
    My father came here with his parents.
    They came here out of desperation from Ireland in the 1930's.
    My father was not yet an American when I was born in the early 60's.
    Does that make me not an American?
    Everywhere in the world I go, I'm an American.
    Which country would you send me back to?
    Would it be better for these children of Mexicans if they were from Ireland?
    How many Irish, Polish, and Russian "illegals" do you guess live in America?
    How many live in Boston?
    50,000 (that can be counted) Irish live here illegally.
    Would you like to see their children shipped back to Ireland?
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

As a matter of fact, I wasn't. But my parents immigrated legally so that is not a problem and it doesn't make me a hypocrit.

Your examples from the 30s are irrelevant. Times are different now. We have terrorists crossing the border. We have a much larger (percentage wise) welfare state. And we have a much larger group of immigrants who don't even want to become a part of American society but stooping so low as to learn the language. Make no mistake, today's immigrant is not the immigrant from the 30s.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Why do you say that? How many mexicans are terrorists? I think your statements are irrelevant. Tell me how mine are. You conveniently didn't address the issue of the other immigrants that are here illegally - European, to be exact, or are they OK with you? Do you think that might be why the government, lots of them Irish, Polish, etc, are reluctant to do anything about the "immigration problem", not to mention they are all bought and paid for by the corporate interests who profit from this "crisis" of immigrants who do the dirty work Yanks aren't willing to do.

I have bad news for you. Those kids you want to deport are at least as American than you because they were born here. That makes them one of us. That makes them Americans regardless of how their parents got here. What exactly is it about them that you object to? I know, lets deport their parents to show our little American brothers and sisters how pro-American we are.

Stupid, huh?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&... citizen&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title
  18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

I am for shutting down the border completely. Whether to stop Mexicans, Iraqis or Hungarians. Whoever. With regard to sending them back home, they comitted a crime by entering which suggests they are predisposed to comitting another crime. They've already broken the law at last once more than I have.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Unfortunately, yes. But it doesn't make their criminal, law breaking parents American.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Why don't you knee jerk liberals leave your bedroom window open and let a "homeless wino" climb in and live with you, you can get up everyday and go to work so you can afford to feed him and and have his teeth fixed.

Would you say it is a crime for a stranger to break into a house and then demand to live there?