Welcome to PatsFans.com

Senate Passes Interrogation Ban

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Feb 13, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

John McCain, who was tortured back in Vietnam, just voted NO on banning waterboarding and torture.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/washington/13cnd-cong.html?

http://lawofwar.org/geneva_prisoner_war_convention.htm
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Any comment from him on why he voted no? Strange considering he was leading the fight against waterboarding/torture. Anything else in the bill that would cause a no vote? I'll be interested to hear what he has to say about this one.

Neither Clinton or Obama took the time to stop in and even vote on it.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Of course no uniformed conbatants are not supposed to be covered by the Geneva convention. I would also note that waterboarding is used in training our own troops and agents. So I think calling something used on our own people torture is a big stretch.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If you know its going to pass, and yeah they talk amongst themselves, why bother taking time off of the campaign trail to add one more un-needed vote? All that's needed is a majority. Its not like a super majority results in a super version of the bill. Besides why give the Reps some sort of 1/2 assed reason to call them anti-security?

McCain knew it would pass, his vote had campaign undertones too. This is why I find myself moving away from him. He can't really get the deeply conservative on his side; but still he's selling out his principles to court them.
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wonder why McCain would even bother to vote either, since the bill is sure to be vetoed by Bush. Seems like he's unnecessarily setting himself up for criticism.
  6. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I guess he wants to share his experiences with other people.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

Interesting that McCain gets criticized for actually voting, while the other two contenders get a pass for not showing up.
  8. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

His reasons for voting no today are odd and seem very inconsistent with his previous stance. I think that this is going to hurt him .

Really, there shouldn't have to be a vote. Torture is unconstitutional, and beyond the rights given to the US federal government.
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 4 / -4

McCain is sucking up to the right wing, which doesn't like him, but which he needs if he wants to get re-elected. I expect we'll see a lot of pandering from him.

[​IMG]
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

Attention Real World:

YOUR POST SHOULD BE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF EVERY PAPER IN THE COUNTRY BUT OF COURSE WE KNOW THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I wonder if any of Liberal Media could get Prince Charming or Pant Suit to stop grinning and applauding themselves long enough to ask them "WHY" they didn't vote on this seeing that just mentioning the word "Waterboarding" sends most Bush Hating Liberals into a Coma.

:bricks:
  11. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's the way it's going to be. Obama will get a pass, and McCain will be brutalized by many media outlets.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

It's disgusting and embarrassing to watch and read the Left Wing Democrat Media and Fawning Liberals across this country tear down America, Trash Christianity, Defend Terrorists and now to top it all off they are Raising this Smooth Talking Bullsh!t Artist Obama to SAINTHOOD.

What the hell did this "Kid" ever do in public life that makes him GOD, his CULT is growing, it's amazing, I am now hoping he does win so I can sit back and watch him stick it to his liberal democrat lovers.

Make no mistake about it Prince Obama has many plans he isn't telling you about and you aren't included in them, America is about to go through a big change and it won't be the "change" the Prince is promising you, and if any of the more Sensible Inteligent leaders in Washington object to America's new Prince and his plans we all know what will happen to them, don't we.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

Wes, everything is going to hurt him in your eyes since you don't plan on voting for him, and hope he looses.

As for the consitutionality of "torture", can you please tell me what torture is?

Thanks for shopping. ;)
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

You're going to see pandering from every candidate who still has a chance. Pandering is simply a fact of a politicians life. To me, I can deal with some of it, but there is a limit. Too much pandering makes a person a fraud.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

"Torture" is what Harry's wife and neighbor have to endure every day since Harry retired.:D:bricks:
  16. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you need more, let me know ! ;)
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

And as I watch The Prince & Pant Suit strut around "grinning & clapping" I'm getting worse.

Send one of those Muslim Terrorist bastards up here to my Island, I'll take him out in my garage and find out where Osama is in fifteen minutes, when I'm done his bowels will be splattered all over my lawn mower and his teeth will go flying up through the roof, I'll save his rectum in a jar and keep it over the fireplace.

Uncle Teddy can show them some tricks he does with his car and water.

Oh Lord Jesus Heavenly Savior, Help Us Kill The F-cking Bastards.
    Amen