Welcome to PatsFans.com

Senate Democrats go negative early (and often)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Interesting strategy on the part of the Democrats. Certainly the ad shown in the article is a good one.

The Fix - Senate Democrats go negative early (and often)

Amid growing concern over retaining their Senate majority, Democrats are skipping the pretense of running positive ads and, in many cases, taking the unusual step of going negative with their first campaign commercials.

The approach reflects a stark reality of this election cycle: going negative is the only way to turn the election from a referendum on Democratic control of Washington to a choice between two candidates. So, go negative -- early, often and hard.
  2. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

3. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Following the Sharron Angle strategy:

Sharron Angle Running Away | Reporters Chasing Sharron Angle | Mediaite

In addition, the link you provided looks like a complete fake, another dirty trick a la James O'Keefe and the East Anglia hackers, but this one involves a voice overlay.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Well with the horrible economy and the unpopularity of the Obama agenda the only option is to go negative. If demmies run on their record they will get crushed.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Dirty grinning "behind closed doors" bastards, now they are running scared they now know the people are on to them.

IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

That's true, but like Republicans they are talking about the money in the stimulus bill they brought back from Washington. It's interesting, when you think about it, that Reagan and the Republicans were in a very similar situation in 1982, when the Republicans lost close to 30 seats. I bet the Dems are doing an update of the strategy used back then (those were the days of Atwater, I think).
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

That is why I am happy when guys like Miller & Rubio knock off Rino's like Bennett, Crist and Murkowski.

I am disgusted that the RNSCC is supporting people like Murkowski in challenging write ins for Miller.
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

In my view it parallels what happened with the Democrats in the late 1970s and 80s, when they pushed out most of their leftist elements (though a few remain). The Republican Party faces a similar problem with it's flank. For those of us of a more ideological nature, we tend to ally with the reformers who are clearer of purpose than the mainstream of their parties.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +519 / 6 / -2

Cry me a river people. It's politics. When was the last time politicians didn't go negative.