Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sen. Landrieu (D) LA tries to distance herself Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Aug 13, 2008.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

She is in a heated battle, with of all people a Republican named John Kennedy, for her Senate seat, and can't afford to be seen with the marxist Obama.

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/landrieu_obama_fundraiser/2008/08/12/121314.html

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu, who faces a tough re-election, has had her name removed from a fundraiser announcement for presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Landrieu will attend the "Lipstick, Laughter and Libations" fundraiser for Barack Obama at a Washington restaurant next week, but she won't help host it.

Landrieu's campaign said her name only was added to the online announcement of the fundraiser on Obama's Web site as a mistake. Her Republican opponent's campaign said she is trying to keep her distance from her party's presidential candidate and removed her name after they pointed it out.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Kind of like a Republican Presidential candidate who tries to distance himself from the standing Republican President.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

No sh!t. Jeez, you think we don't know Bush isn't popular ? Duh. The POINT is that someone is also running away from Obama which actually tells us something new.
  4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

The Obamorons are getting nervous just look at the threads lately, it is a laugh riot, all the wanters can see their dreamed government subsidized life not becoming a reality. :nono:
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Funny how people view Obama as a Marxist. It's basically saying the opposite is good for the country. A capitalist system which increases the wealth of the top 1% and pushes the bottom 99% further down. That concept is not that much different than what is going on in other countries that have corrupt and totalitarian government systems.

Shame on Obama for helping the common man. Good thing FDR didn't say the heck with the common man.
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

It's been subsidized by credit card companies for years. As long as their is credit the dream is alive
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +83 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

That is absolutely 100% bullshit. I have, and many others who are not even close to the top 1% have increased our "wealth" of the years. I think maybe a mirror is in order for you.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's the Liberals who are slowing down the growth of wealth. Even with the past year's poor stock market performance, that is still the way to grow wealth over time and we have so much money taken from us that it's tough to get much invested.
  9. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

It all depends on your definition of wealth and I'm guessing you have no kids or you didn't pay for their education or you ahven't seen tutition prices. maybe you made them join the national guard;). hopefully you have no daughters.

I love how you quote "wealth"

If you don't think the economic divide is growing I'll get you one of this two way mirrors. Ease back on your anger.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 4 / -2

Landrieu is distancing herself from Obama cuz the regional politics of her re-election dictate she do so. It's no different than most pubs up in 2006, or now in 2008, running for cover from GW or Cheney. How many appearances do you think McLame will do with Bush? It's common politics.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

College doesn't have to be expensive if you do a couple of years at a JC, go to a public college and have several roommates. Daughters ? Big weddings (which I assume you are referring to) are the biggest waste of money ever. It comes down to how you choose to spend money I guess.
  12. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

absolutely agree on all of this. but parents guilt usually pushes them to spend big. everything is out of control from college tuition, weddings, houses, etc
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

True but that's their choice and hopefully people are smart enough to cut back on that crap some. I remember going to my friend's wedding - the reception alone must have been $50K from what I saw and was told about where it was held. It was probably the high point of the marriage that lasted about two years. Crazy sh!t. Most people have plenty of opportunity for a really nice comfortable life but too many piss it away.

I'm saving for my kids' college, even with the bad stock market right now they should each have $40-$50K when the time comes. Someone I work with said I should have 10 times that in case they want to go to medical or law school and said "why did you have kids if you don't want to support them" ? Ha ha. I don't need to have $1M accessible for medical school to put my kids in a decent position to have a good life.
  14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +83 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

I am in the NG myself so (deleted by moderator)your little dig. It is how I went to college.

I have twin 12 year old boys and a 6 month old daughter. My wife and I have prepared for their education since they were a year old, and we will do they same with our daughter. It is not so hard, just cut out frivolous expenses and put money away each time you get paid, it doesn't take much for it to add up. The Obamoron programs will hurt those trying to save fror as kids college tuition.

What does having a daughter instead of a son have anything to do with it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 4 / -2

College tuition is gross. Look at how many schools have tens of millions, to even billions of dollars stashed away. Yet, none pay property taxes, and professors make hundreds of K a year. Go to a JC & transfer like BF says. My degree cost $60-70k, and I consider that cheap by today's standards. That's now a year at some schools.
  16. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

classless. fast track to getting banned

edited by moderator
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

C'mon, let's stick to the subject of the thread and avoid personal attacks, or infractions will be issued! Grrrrrr.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +83 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

........and your military dig was so classy. Typical wanter liberal.
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

Re: Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Louisiana politics is probably the most messed up in the nation. Here's a pretty good article that explains Landrieu's dilemma:

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/news-41/1217688246100380.xml&storylist=louisiana

Frankly, her opponent is probably no worse than her. He endorsed Kerry, was a Democratic until a year or so ago, and was attacked by Republicans when he ran for office in the past:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/...un-for-louisiana-senate-seat-as-a-republican/