Semi-OT: Pats not the only team with problems this preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Case in point: the Colts.

First off, they're without their starting Quarterhick.

Then Jim Sorgi is injured, so they're down to their third-string quarterback for the crucial penultimate preseason game.

The good news for the Colts: third-string QB Quinn Gray borrowed a page from Peyton Manning's playbook.

The bad news for the Colts: it was the page from the SD game where Peyton threw six INTs. :rofl: (To be fair, he had one great downfield pass, but a whole lot more suck, too.) Thus they ruin the first-ever game (OK, so it's preseason) in Lucas Oil Stadium, losing 20-7.

The worse news for the Colts: their center Jeff Saturday was injured, as was one of their primary return guys, TJ Rushing.

Last edited:
Seems like the injury bug has hit several of the top AFC contenders. Peyton might be out for longer than people realize, and he probably won't be at 100% for much of the season. Saturday is a huge cog for them in the middle of the line. They will have problems if he is not in there. Not really sure what Marvin harrison will bring to the table this year either.

Merriman appears closer to having knee surgery that will keep him out for most of the season.

The wide receivers for the bengals are banged up, and the pats have injuries at wide reciever in wes welker, and of course half the secondary which is just sop in NE.

That leaves Pitt and Jacksonville as the only real contenders that don't seem to have big injury issues to start out the year.

Case in point: the Colts.

First off, they're without their starting Quarterhick.

Then Jim Sorgi is injured, so they're down to their third-string quarterback for the crucial penultimate preseason game.

The good news for the Colts: third-string QB Quinn Gray borrowed a page from Peyton Manning's playbook.

The bad news for the Colts: it was the page from the SD game where Peyton threw six INTs. :rofl: (To be fair, he had one great downfield pass, but a whole lot more suck, too.) Thus they ruin the first-ever game (OK, so it's preseason) in Lucas Oil Stadium, losing 20-7.

The worse news for the Colts: their center Jeff Saturday was injured, as was one of their primary return guys, TJ Rushing.

The Colts have looked worse than the Pats, frankly. Does that mean I expect them to suck come the regular season? No, not unless Peyton can't get on the field. Jim Sorgi isn't leading that team to the playoffs any time soon...

Seems like the injury bug has hit several of the top AFC contenders. Peyton might be out for longer than people realize, and he probably won't be at 100% for much of the season. Saturday is a huge cog for them in the middle of the line. They will have problems if he is not in there. Not really sure what Marvin harrison will bring to the table this year either.

Merriman appears closer to having knee surgery that will keep him out for most of the season.

The wide receivers for the bengals are banged up, and the pats have injuries at wide reciever in wes welker, and of course half the secondary which is just sop in NE.

That leaves Pitt and Jacksonville as the only real contenders that don't seem to have big injury issues to start out the year.

Jacksonville has had a rash of injuries in their receiving corp in particular Jerry Porter. Also, they still have a first round pick not signed yet.

Just this morning after I saw the highlights of Colts/Bills, I was wondering where the uproar and panic was about the Colts this preseason? So strange.

I don't think the Pats have had it that bad this preseason. No they haven't looked good, but they don't have any real injuries that look to drag into the regular season other than Neal (assuming the reports that Light is ready to play are true).

As I pointed out in the thread I started, the brutal preseason schedule may make our injury report look worse than it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back