PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Is Tomlin saying what we want to hear from Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thread stinks - not the original premise necessarily, but the way all these chicken littles crawl out from under their rocks whenever the team hits a bad spot, just to enlighten us with their psychoanalysis of BB's demeanor.

And let me be clear, I wouldn't trade BB for any active coach. As a fan who really enjoys the team even to the point of analyzing the frikkin' practice squad, it would be nice to see behind the curtain. No doubt the media couldn't do so with a good agenda. It's just tough as a fan feeling uncertain if there's any hope of things getting better. But this ain't Bill's first rodeo, and that's reason enough for confidence. ZERO sub .500 seasons in almost a decade? Some fans should be so fortunate.

The fan base is coming unglued, but then some of them weren't too well glued to begin with. They're frontrunner fans, be it here or as admirers of the clowns who can't carry Bill's jock let alone his jewelry bag.

Tomlin is still the same first time HC who got so full of himself when the team Cowher built got off to a hot start in his rookie season before fading down the stretch and then won him a SB in his sophomore season. I'll wait to start carving his bust for Canton until he personally builds a team that wins anyting, let alone multiple rings. And in Rex's case until he or his sibling wins their first ring as more than a position coach on someone else's staff.

I prefer the way BB goes about his business publicly. Leave the rants for training and the locker room.

<Begin Rant>

Completely agree

This robot act is kind of getting tired. Ok I understand that they will not show emotion for press but atleast show it in the field during the game. It almost feels like the majority of this team is playing without any fire and just shows up to to collect game check. Have they stopped buying in to BB as they started thinking that they will get cut/traded when their current contract is up ?? I hope not !

</End Rant>

That is what you see.. On the field when the game is underway the last thing you want to do is to add to the commotion and oversimulation that an NFL game will give you. That is the one time you need someone to be level-headed for the most part.

BB's rants in the film room are legendary. From what I read, he lits into his players pretty well. Not even Brady is spared.

Pattern of behavior is spot on, smart of Tomlin.

This team has a pattern of behavior in the play calls. The Patriots need to self scout their own team for a week.

Speaking of patterns of behavior...LOL

i guess we have an answer now for this

all the vocal leadership and speeches and swagger only work so much

all the vocal leadership and speeches and swagger only work so much

Clearly did not work for the Steelers. I felt like I was watching the Twilight Zone, rather than an NFL game tonight.

Watching Tomlin's presser after a terrible loss to the Clevelands...

the guy just seems genuine and real. As a young coach, if he ever gave the standoffish rhetoric in his press conference that BB does, he'd probably lose a great deal of credibility and the press would call him out. A guy like BB by age and accomplishments can get away with saying nothing of value.

The only problem is that if you choose to pull a psycho like Tomlin seems to be doing, you have only one load to shoot. If he pulls the psycho route and his team continues having trouble, then he is out of options.

Personally I'd prefer an underhanded "action speaks loudly" type of move. I'd be happy if someone got benched on Sunday.

First time I've ever quoted myself, but like I said here and elsewhere, Tomlin has shot his load with the fire-eating rhetoric and venom spewing. He is now out of options. This just reiterates how it is never any good to air your dirty laundry in public.

Contrast this with BB's style and decision to keep things behind doors (as he has done this week). This has led some posters to complain that they would prefer seeing more emotion from him, but as you can see, that can only go so far. In fact, I think it puts more pressure on the team to respond, and gives the other team the sense that there is blood in the water.

Other than sending four players home, BB has done nothing or said anything that is of note to the media. I think that the fact he gives away nothing is in itself a steadying influence. It sends the message that he is in charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey