PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: How Colts fans feel about 09 Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it me or do the colts go 8-0 to start every year only to falter in the 2nd half

someone find their records for the 1st half of the season since Peyton 2001 and up. It has to be like 50-7 lol.

Again, are we any better?

This board is OBSESSED with the 3-3 Jets as well. Every fan base has the good, bad and the ugly. we're damn sure no different.

Indeed, my good sir.

Colts fans are OBSESSED with the Patriots. Like someone said earlier, you think owning the Pats (minus 07) the past 4 years, they'd have more confidence in their team. But they have this big inferiority complex when it comes to the Pats. Read forum.colts.com or coltfreaks...50 percent of the threads on there are about how the Pats are all done or how Manning is better than Brady.

Then go on this board. You'll see lots of fans, despite not liking Manning or the Colts, giving Manning his due. They're very insecure that there's another great, HOF qb playing at the same time as Manning. They think it's a knock on Manning that Brady's great too.

It's a total one-sided obsession.

I'm actually flattered that a team's fanbase can be that worried and fixated on another team despite the fact that they've had the better of the rivalry recently.

Meh who cares, we'll see who's ranked where in January.

For the record, we're about to hit 50 posts on a thread about how Colts fans feel about the Patriots. If they're obsessive for caring about where we're ranked according to some monkey on a typewriter, then what does it say about us that we apparently care so much about how they feel about it?

someone find their records for the 1st half of the season since Peyton 2001 and up. It has to be like 50-7 lol.

I don't know Mr. October's first half records, but I know he's 7-8 in the playoffs.

Put me in the who freakin cares what they think category....

I never used to even think about the Colts before I moved here. Now that I live here its hard to avoid. They are obsessed. Its like the whole world here is poised on the edge of their hillbilly couches to see the Colts win and the Pats fail. They talk more about the Pats losing than their own stupid team winning. The regular season is alive and once again the Colts are doing great. Soon, the playoffs will be here and they will be gone. Again.

There's a sizeable and vocal portion of several fan bases that are obsessed with the Patriots - for example, the Jets, Raiders, and Chargers - but none, including the Colts, come as close as Steelers fans. Even after winning another Super Bowl they're still bitter and angry, and spend as much time talking about the Pats as they do their own team. If you want to witness obsession, check out SteelersFever.com. Even their most active forum members can't seem to go more than three comments without turning a topic that has nothing to do with New England into a Pats-bashing festival. These fans honestly do believe anything negative on the internet about the Pats, from Roger Goodell fixing games in the Pats favor to Robert Kraft being responsible for the collapse of the housing market.

Look, everybody knows that the Colts don't have the most difficult schedule, and yes they could have lost two games already. However, they DO have that easy schedule, and they DID win those two games (Jags and Dolphins).

Colts fans are saying the same type of crap that some here would say. The good news is the Pats get to play them. We'll see how good each team is.

P.S. - Whoever posted (Colts fan) that 'yes the Patriots won 59 to 0, but such and such', has no credibility, period! If a team wins 59 to 0 over ANY team in the NFL, it is quite a feat.

There's a sizeable and vocal portion of several fan bases that are obsessed with the Patriots - for example, the Jets, Raiders, and Chargers - but none, including the Colts, come as close as Steelers fans. Even after winning another Super Bowl they're still bitter and angry, and spend as much time talking about the Pats as they do their own team. If you want to witness obsession, check out SteelersFever.com. Even their most active forum members can't seem to go more than three comments without turning a topic that has nothing to do with New England into a Pats-bashing festival. These fans honestly do believe anything negative on the internet about the Pats, from Roger Goodell fixing games in the Pats favor to Robert Kraft being responsible for the collapse of the housing market.
That site is amazing isn't it. Brady is homosexual and the Patriots cheat because they win by large margins.. not being sportsmanlike and all.

I'd be happy for the Steelers to hand back all the Superbowls won by Bradshaw.. them being steroid aided and all.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's misguided hypocrisy.

After watching the replay of the 06 AFCCC on ESPN2 last night, I have reaffirmed my distain for all things Colts.

After watching the replay of the 06 AFCCC on ESPN2 last night, I have reaffirmed my distain for all things Colts.

we lost that game for several reasons. first is we had no receivers. second we did not have Rodney Harrison playing that game. He was out for the playoffs thanks to Bobby Wade(titans)cheap helmet shot on his knee. I remember Jeff Fisher high fiving Wade after that incident. This is one reason why I think we ran up the score last week. BB wanted to cement the inevitable for fisher - his firing. Plus fisher made some comments after spygate so i'm not surprised about last week's game. i really wish we hung 70 on them.

That site is amazing isn't it. Brady is homosexual and the Patriots cheat because they win by large margins.. not being sportsmanlike and all.

I'd be happy for the Steelers to hand back all the Superbowls won by Bradshaw.. them being steroid aided and all.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's misguided hypocrisy.

The thing is, most Steelers fans have a inferiority complex with the Patriots fans. They need to try to show off all the Super Bowls and big name players and all that. I ask....why? What's the point? I personally have nothing to say to Steelers fans other then I'm a Patriots fan, and that's that.

And if they want to talk cheating, let's talk their whole team drinking steroid ****tails at halftime.

You shouldn't use the Colts.com forum are a true gauge of Indy fans. I have posted there every once in a while, but it's kind of a junior fan forum. There are some decent posters, but most are a little clueless.

I hate all things Colt and Steeler, but I don't think there can be any doubt that the Colts would pick up apart, especially in Indy. Manning is absolutely on fire, when I've seen him anyway.

Not sure what a reinvigorated brady could do against their D though.

For the record, we're about to hit 50 posts on a thread about how Colts fans feel about the Patriots. If they're obsessive for caring about where we're ranked according to some monkey on a typewriter, then what does it say about us that we apparently care so much about how they feel about it?

They are 'obsessed with the Pats team'. We're 'talking about their fans' obsession', and this is just one thread compared to their many. Big difference

we lost that game for several reasons. first is we had no receivers. second we did not have Rodney Harrison playing that game. He was out for the playoffs thanks to Bobby Wade(titans)cheap helmet shot on his knee. I remember Jeff Fisher high fiving Wade after that incident. This is one reason why I think we ran up the score last week. BB wanted to cement the inevitable for fisher - his firing. Plus fisher made some comments after spygate so i'm not surprised about last week's game. i really wish we hung 70 on them.

Thanks for reminiding me.. ;).

Don't forget 1/2 the D had the flu including Vrabel, Wilfork and Bru....

If anyone has more excuses, please post!!!

Last edited:
I've lived here in Indiana for the past 8yrs and know the BS that they spout. Most of them were beyond happy when Brady was injured, talked about how, this is their words, that b!tch deserved it, and hope it happens again. They talk like there's no reason what so ever why they are struggling the way they are. They seem to forget that Brady missed a season. They are so full of themselves because of their record. Then I interrupt them and ask "Who have the Colts beaten this year?"
The douche nozzles over on Patriots Planet are so quick to ball wash Colt fans over there and they're too stupid to realize that the Colt fans there have no respect for them at all. That's one of the reasons I left that site.

Left the site or were you assisted? Either way, you are wrong on a few observations here. I also am a Colt fan on the Colts.com site and not everyone feels the way you say. I also am a member of this site from time to time. I have the utmost respect for the Patriots especially Tom Brady. I know he is very capable of beating our team and I also know we can beat this team. That is why we play the game. Just to let you know I have Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and Rosevelt Colvin memorabilia. Rosevelt attended my high school. I however, support my home team over the Patriots because that is what the majority of fans are suppose to do. On the other hand, I have no problem with you supporting the Patriots. I do have problem when you say we all at the Colts.com wish harm on Brady or any player. I respect the game. As far as saying we are all full of ourselves because of our record, hey we have been here before and we know it is the post season that really matters. I pity you living in Indy supporting your Patriots but then again I think you enjoy the drama since you are over here doing pretty much the same thing, yourself eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes