PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: How Colts fans feel about 09 Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that say about us? We have no team to envy, yet we're obsessed with the Jets/Dolphins/Steelers/Colts

Is that obsession due to fear, or because they're our rivals? Remember, keep your enemies closer ;)

Obsessed? Really, when it all comes down to it, it's just a football game between a bunch of paid professional athletes/entertainers that just happen to represent your team by either draft or free agency.

The Colts are not going deep in the playoffs without some sort of a running game. Not many are mentioning this either, but Manning has likely peaked too soon--it seems like in order for the Colts to win games, Manning has very little margin for error and has to play the game of his life. Take a look at their time of possession average as well--that defense will be gassed by the end. It's happened to the Colts every single year, people get so excited about them by midseason and think they are the 2007 Pats or the 1994 49ers. They likely will get a home playoff game and get stomped by a balanced team like the Ravens , Steelers, or Pats.

Below is their schedule. I see more then 2 or 3 teams that have a reasonable shot at beating them. SF is no push over even though they were shalcked by ATL recently. HOU played them close last year and certainly has the firepower this year to match them. JAX already played them close once. BAL is also no pushover. DEN and NE are givens to give them a hard time. Heck, that seven games that I think are going to give them a challenge.

7 Oct 25 IND @ STL
8 Nov 01 SF @ IND
9 Nov 08 HOU @ IND
10 Nov 15 NE @ IND
11 Nov 22 IND @ BAL
12 Nov 29 IND @ HOU
13 Dec 06 TEN @ IND
14 Dec 13 DEN @ IND
15 Dec 17 IND @ JAC
16 Dec 27 NYJ @ IND
17 Jan 03 IND @ BUF

LOL With the Indy at St. Louis game this week - Why even play it?:confused:

Maybe the Colts beat the Rams by more than the Pats did the Titans,I could see this happen.

I can assure you this,either SF,Houston or NE will BEAT the Colts - 3 home games in a row will not get them 3 wins in a row

Last edited:
LOL With the Indy at St. Louis game this week - Why even play it?:confused:

Maybe the Colts beat the Rams by more than the Pats did the Titans,I could see this happen.

People were saying the same thing about Eagles/Raiders, I'm sure. Those upsets are extremely unlikely, but you have to play the games...

Obsessed? Really, when it all comes down to it, it's just a football game between a bunch of paid professional athletes/entertainers that just happen to represent your team by either draft or free agency.

In terms of discussion, yes it's safe to say with how frequently we bring them up some of us are obsessed. I don't mean it like it effects your everyday life, I don't know why you took that impression.

Those fans reasoning is so completely biased with regard to the Pats

So we had some nail biting wins? I don't seem to recall getting blown out. We shoot ourselves in the foot, have a rusty QB and an out of sync offense and we lose 2 games by a combined 10 points one of them being in overtime to a 6-0 team.

They call it lucky we're 4-2 and I saw we were 1 good throw in each of those games away from being 6-0

Last edited:

So we had some nail biting wins? I don't seem to recall getting blown out. We shoot ourselves in the foot, have a rusty QB and an out of sync offense and we lose 2 games by a combined 10 points one of them being in overtime to a 6-0 team.

They call it lucky we're 4-2 and I saw we were 1 good throw in each of those games away from being 6-0

The Colts are lucky they didn't lose to the Jags and Dolphins. If not for a ****ty Dolphins secondary, they would have gotten absolutely DOMINATED in that game. It's cute that they care so much about the power rankings though.

News Flash!
Some Colts fans don't like the Patriots. I'm sure you could find fans on every teams message board who will say the same things about it's rivals

It's all a matter of perspective. To a fan that wants the Pats to lose, Leodis McKelvin fumbling the ball is a case of bad-coaching, not knowing what the game-situation is, & bone-headedness. To Patriots fans, its a case of an entire special teams unit knowing that they had to do, a certain number of players holding up McKelvin & Merriweather making a play that good players make. The truth being somewhere in the middle.

Who cares....I can summarize how their season is going to be like with just 3 words....'one and done'

Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 7 - Colts.com - Forum Credit Union Fan Forum

"I figured NO would take the number 1 spot, and they deserve it for sure. They put a top 5 team in their place.
NE at number 4 though...with a 4-2 record?? Sure they won 59-0... against an 0-6 team... with Brady throwing prayer TDs off his back foot the entire game...with the Titans playing defense with only 7 men on the field (or at least thats how it seemed)...And they are potentially a dropped pass against Baltimore and a muffed incomplete pass called touchdown against Buffalo away from being 2-4. "

"Pats at 4? ha. I don't think this guy really knows what he's talking about"

"The Patriots being that high is a joke"

"Those are some funny rankings, pats way too high"

See ya soon, ****y fans.

i'm so sick of these colts fans. whom have they played to be a top 3 team? they barely beat a below average jacksonville team and miami almost upset them. they played the SAME titans team last week and we got almost twice the number of yards they did. and peyton played the WHOLE game. somehow they think that beating bad teams translates into beating NE, baltimore, pittsburgh, etc. they are like the giants fans who said that they were the greatest thing coming into the saints game. lol. :D

and i know JULES from the colts board lurks here and is reading this thread. I hope you are reading this Jules.

Last edited:
Come on, give the Colt fans a break. The regular season is what they live for.

i'm so sick of these colts fans. whom have they played to be a top 3 team? they barely beat a below average jacksonville team and miami almost upset them. they played the SAME titans team last week and we got almost twice the number of yards they did. and peyton played the WHOLE game. somehow they think that beating bad teams translates into beating NE, baltimore, pittsburgh, etc. they are like the giants fans who said that they were the greatest thing coming into the saints game. lol. :D

and i know JULES from the colts board lurks here and is reading this thread. I hope you are reading this Jules.

Someone once told me that Jules is hot. Not sure if I can believe that.

I've lived here in Indiana for the past 8yrs and know the BS that they spout. Most of them were beyond happy when Brady was injured, talked about how, this is their words, that b!tch deserved it, and hope it happens again. They talk like there's no reason what so ever why they are struggling the way they are. They seem to forget that Brady missed a season. They are so full of themselves because of their record. Then I interrupt them and ask "Who have the Colts beaten this year?"
The douche nozzles over on Patriots Planet are so quick to ball wash Colt fans over there and they're too stupid to realize that the Colt fans there have no respect for them at all. That's one of the reasons I left that site.

I've lived here in Indiana for the past 8yrs and know the BS that they spout. Most of them were beyond happy when Brady was injured, talked about how, this is their words, that b!tch deserved it, and hope it happens again. They talk like there's no reason what so ever why they are struggling the way they are. They seem to forget that Brady missed a season. They are so full of themselves because of their record. Then I interrupt them and ask "Who have the Colts beaten this year?"
The douche nozzles over on Patriots Planet are so quick to ball wash Colt fans over there and they're too stupid to realize that the Colt fans there have no respect for them at all. That's one of the reasons I left that site.

there's no question that the colts are a good team. but nobody really knows how good until they beat someone that is a serious contender. they act like the super bowl is in the bag. they could barely beat us last year and that was WITHOUT brady. suddenly, despite being one and done last year, they have become superhuman. their 12 HOFers can outplay anybody in the league and peyton manning can even overcome kryptonite. :rolleyes:

Colts D is shaky, they are living on Manning playing out of his head. We all know how all that works out once the pressure starts to mount. They'll be had sooner or later.......

Colts fans are convinced that the Patriots not only taped defensive signals but that they also taped offensive signals, stole radio headset signals, paid off referees, staged 9-11, faked the moon landing, put fluorine in the water to harm their precious bodily fluids, put microchips in their heads, and shot JFK from the grassy knoll.
WHOA!!!!

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!

The Pats did NOT put fluorine in the water.

Seriously, though. What are "official" NFL Power Rankings?

Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 7 - Colts.com - Forum Credit Union Fan Forum

Last edited:
Just one F' year I would like them to play the Stellers or someone tough besides us. There division is the worst in football. Tenn had a couple of good years but HOUSTON AND JACKSONVILLE are a joke.. Give me a break.
I really want the Jags to move to LA and they rearrange there division and put a real team in with them.

News Flash!
Some Colts fans don't like the Patriots. I'm sure you could find fans on every teams message board who will say the same things about it's rivals

It's all a matter of perspective. To a fan that wants the Pats to lose, Leodis McKelvin fumbling the ball is a case of bad-coaching, not knowing what the game-situation is, & bone-headedness. To Patriots fans, its a case of an entire special teams unit knowing that they had to do, a certain number of players holding up McKelvin & Merriweather making a play that good players make. The truth being somewhere in the middle.

No.....

To a Pats fan it's a lucky win. I'm not ignorant enough to think that his fumble was because our team is so great. His fumble was because he is an idiot and didn't hold on to the ball.

As a Colts fan you see a 4-2 record and assume "WHO THE **** ARE THESE GUYS OMG WE ARE SO GOOD" As a Pats fan I see several sure TDs if Brady doesn't overthrow Moss and we're easily 6-0

is it me or do the colts go 8-0 to start every year only to falter in the 2nd half

Ok, but who would have EVER picked the Bills to upset the Jets or Oakland to smite the Eagles? Any given Sunday.

Below is their schedule. I see more then 2 or 3 teams that have a reasonable shot at beating them. SF is no push over even though they were shalcked by ATL recently. HOU played them close last year and certainly has the firepower this year to match them. JAX already played them close once. BAL is also no pushover. DEN and NE are givens to give them a hard time. Heck, that seven games that I think are going to give them a challenge.

7 Oct 25 IND @ STL
8 Nov 01 SF @ IND
9 Nov 08 HOU @ IND
10 Nov 15 NE @ IND
11 Nov 22 IND @ BAL
12 Nov 29 IND @ HOU
13 Dec 06 TEN @ IND
14 Dec 13 DEN @ IND
15 Dec 17 IND @ JAC
16 Dec 27 NYJ @ IND
17 Jan 03 IND @ BUF

Status